A Request On Treatises And Law Theory

*Brindas

Posted by *Brindas »

Brindas Defeign submits a formal request to study the theory behind Sigilian laws of varying natures, from slavery, to taxation, to the workings of the Triad. He is curious how the laws came to be and is writing this request to better understand how such laws are made, how they can be perfected, and how the Order can more fully come to fruition its ideals of perfect order.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Hasclaan Guunt forwards several books and sheets of loose writings and scrolls to study, a smal note attached to them.

wrote: We hope you find those useful,

Hasclaan Guunt, A8

In general the essence of the documents are- beside of their historical value- that the Factions (but for the Fraternity) suggest or make the laws- with some exceptions of course existing.
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

Entering into the tumultuous roil of activity that is the fuel for the constant thrum permeating the City Courts Filip peers about for a clerk, or bailiff, that is free. It does not take long for Filip to notice the fleshless skull of Bailiff Ljungstrahd towering over the other occupants of the hall. With a curt nod to himself Filip strides through the crowds and gestures to attract Grahn's attention.

The bailiff's only acknowledgement is to simply turn the empty sockets of his lifeless face towards the man.

His face unused to smiling as much as it has these past two days, strains slightly as Filip smiles pleasantly at the Death Knight and nods a curt greeting. "Bailiff Ljungstrahd, we meet again! I filed some forms with you a day or two ago. The forms were regarding the application of an import license for off plane alcohols. I do appreciate your aid in getting those processed."

Unblinking, the bailiff responds. "You are known to me. Follow me and I shall render unto you the licenses for which you were approved." A quick turn and Bailiff Ljungstrahd is headed down a nearby hall with imperious strides towards his office. Filip follows, but adds "There is a new matter to which I would draw your attentions." Upon hearing those words, the Bailiff slows, turns, and addresses Filip. "What matter is this?" asks the Bailif.

Filip reaches into a folio and produces a set of forms, filled out in triplicate. After double checking the accuracy of the forms, Filip hands them over to the Bailiff, "These were given to me by a member of the Fraternity of Order... A human by the name of Brindas. He had mentioned to me his current research into Treatises And Law Theory within the Fraternity's archives, and greeted my offer of aid with these forms. Brindas said I needed to have them filed and approved ere I would be allowed to work with him on such matters. I trust you will find everything in order..."

Grahn Ljungstrahd reads over all the forms, then returns his hollow gaze to Filip. "These appear to be in order. We shall continue to my office, where I shall deliver unto you the licenses for which you have been approved. At that point we will make our way to Brindas's office where he can countersign these forms and grant you the access you desire." With that, Bailiff Ljungstrahd turns on his heel, and resumes his march towards his office.

A few paces behind Filip smiles his first sincere smile in days.

((Yes, both characters are mine.
*Brindas

Posted by *Brindas »

Brindas' brow quirks as Filip enters.

"Ahh.. Filip, I trust you are here to engage in some research in this project as well? It is rather intriguing to a historian and theorist as myself, but it may not be the most exciting of tasks for yourself."
*Orlitoq

Posted by *Orlitoq »

With a curt nod Filip greets Brindas, and peers around the office to soak in the details.

Eyes scanning the titles of various books Filip holds up a copy of the papers that allow Filip access to both the research in question, and select relevant areas of the City Court Archives. "Indeed I am. Neither will your offer to join in this project be squandered, nor am I likely to be displeased with the efforts of the undertaking. Much like you, I find these areas of research to be of great interest. If you desire it, I have a copy of the forms required for your own files."

"The archives here hold much of interest to me, and I hope to spend much thyme here... In fact I recently spoke with an affiliate of yours about a separate research project, but we can discuss that later. Tell me what you have found so far, and where we can begin."