Permit Request

*Zasziel

Posted by *Zasziel »

*A letter is addressed to the Fraternity of Order. The writing has the colour of dried blood*
wrote:
Dear respected members of the Fraternity of Order,
I Zasziel Selran request a permit for the following:
Own slaves
Sell slaves

Is there any document I should fill in for approval?
Please receive my sincere gratitude for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Zasziel Selran
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Sir,

I hereby send you the documents needed to grant the requested permissions. Please add any references you might have to the documents.

Be also aware that during processing your request we will have to check your records to see if you are suitable.

While the ownership of slaves is usually granted a license for trading is less likekly to be given out immediately.

Please use the attached envelope for your answer,

Hasclaan Guunt, A8

There are several forms and an envelope attached to this- turning the simple letter into a small stack of paper and bureaucracy.

*Zasziel

Posted by *Zasziel »

*About a week later (the time required to gather every piece of information for the application):
A letter is addressed to Administrator Hasclaan Guunt. The writing has the colour of dried blood*
wrote:
Dear respected Hasclaan Guunt,
Thank you for your answer.
Please find attached to this letter the completed documents. Could you tell me if the permit to own slaves does encompass the right to use
Domination? And if not, would you be so kind as to forward me the required documents for such a permit? My apologies for the disagreement; as a Prime I still have to accustom to the whole fascinating system of Sigil's rules.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Zasziel Selran
*Several forms are found in the envelope. Again, each is filled in brown-reddish.*
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The necromancer looks through the forms carefully, stamps them where needed, then writes the answer:
wrote: Sir,

attached to this letter you find a temporary permit that to own slaves. After 100 days it can be extended and over time turned into a permanent one.

The permit to trade in slaves has been denied for now but might be granted later.

The permit to take slaves has been denied.

The permit granted does not allow you to take slaves, turn free citizen into thralls or slaves through force or magic. It allows you to buy a slave from a licensed merchant or to accept a free citizen who sells itself to you through a contract of servitude willingly. This contract has then to be registered and verified by the courts, taxes are to be paid to the Fated.

If you have questions or requests please do not hesitare to contact us again, our Aides also help with finding the right forms or filling them out correctly. Sigil's rules are not easy but our Faction gladly offers help in this matters.

Hasclaan Guunt, A8
*Zasziel

Posted by *Zasziel »

*Somewhere in Sigil, a man with bright red hair and a vicious look carefully extracted some papers from their envelope. After a quick look at some of the documents, a small smile appeared at the corner of his lips. Then he considered the letter itself. At the end, he spoke aloud:*

“Well, let’s start then. It’s very disappointing that I could not officially take thralls for the moment. Let’s be very cautious then... and see…”

(( OOC to Selebius: Many thanks! :) ))
*DeekinsLute

Posted by *DeekinsLute »

An elderly gentleman approaches the Hall of Records late in what passes for Sigil's evening and makes an inquiry of the first Fated namer he can as to where permits are handled. He seems quite uncertain of whether he's in the right place, but he does mumble something about "platinum" and "taxes," which would rather quickly get him to somebody in the know.

((Any Fated namer or above can pick up the thread, either alone or as a group.))