Requesting Permission

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

A internal note arrives on the tables of Bureau Chief Seph and Administrator Arnders.

wrote: Sir, Lady,

after discussing faction matters with many of Sigil's citizens - both factioneers and not- I found that many do not know what the Fraternity of Law is really about.

They are unsure what our responsibilities in Sigil are, what we can do, what we cannot do, what our Faction is really interested in.

So to inform both the interested citizen and the potential recruits I offer to prepare a speech in the Hall of speakers as well as an information leaflet to be offered to the public.

I hereby ask for permission to prepare both.

Hasclaan Guunt, A8
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

His response soon arrives.
wrote:
Adminsitrator Guunt.

A speech at The Hall of Speakers would be unnecessary as I am sure the great and good of Sigil's Factions are well aware of what we do.  However the leaflets would be a good step both in informing the public and driving recruitment.  I would request that you sent a rough draft of what you propose to be included in them to me for evaluation before we move forward.

Caterina Arnders
Administrator A1
Bureau of Interfactional Affairs
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Of course he files the letter then prepares the draft he had already prepared for the leaflet, the language simple and straightforward, the content obviously aimed at someone outside the Faction.
wrote:
Rules, Laws and Axioms and those who explore them: The Fraternity of Order

The Fraternity is dedicated to order and knowledge, exploring and studying the rules and laws that govern the actions and behaviour of everything- be it a living person, a process or a thing.

The Fraternity's role in Sigil:

Most know us as the Faction that is running the City Courts, working together with the Harmonium and Mercykillers as the Triad of Law, but this  is only a small part of what we are doing.

We also maintain records about licenses, collect data about portals and our researchers always work on exploring new knowledge, adding new rules and laws to our collection. Some of us provide advice, others practical knowledge, applying what rules and knowledge we found to help Sigil's citizen in their everyday's life.

Despite of our role one of our highest rules forbids us to create laws for Sigil, this role being left to  the other Factions of the Cage.

The Factioneers role in the Fraternity and Sigil:

Most of our members work hard to ensure the flow of information, serving the courts or the researchers.
Countless Aides and Administrators help the judges and work as attorneys, serving as both defenders and prosecutors or gather and process valuable data to help our head scientist and sages.

These Aides are the backbone of our Faction, it is them who ensure everything is running smoothly and who do most of the legwork.
Administrators usually already serve in one of the bureaus, which in turn are led by one or several bureau chiefs who can be compared to Factors of the other Factions.

But not all of us work for the courts or as researchers, some ensure security as bailiffs or work as freelance lawyers, some give legal advice to merchants and nobles or teach laws and science at schools while others provide valuable advice in the field to teams of sages and adventurers.

After all rules can be found everywhere, laws govern everything so there is always something to do for us.

Laws, Rules and you

Of course the Fraternity offers certain services to all the citizen of Sigil, not just its members.

-If you are in need of legal advice or want to take a case to the courts it is always the best move to approach one of our lawyers. Their knowledge and practice is unmatched and they know how to navigate Sigil's bureaucratic mazes well.

-If you need licenses to open a business or to import or export exotic goods talk to one of our administrators. Even if you are not sure if a license is needed asking will not hurt and our aides will try to find a solution fitting Sigil's laws and your own needs as well.

-If you need informations about a portal leading to a specific place you will find it in our archives.
We collect extensive data and are proud to say that our collection is always up to date.

-If you need a bit of exotic knowledge perhaps one of our sages can provide it. We study many topics, finding the laws and rules they follow and our sages are always willing to trade information for information, to discuss even the most exotic members with their peers.

The Fraternity also maintains a board in front of the Court where new rules and regulations are announced regularily, the board is updated daily and is the Fraternity's official tool to inform the citizen of Sigil.

Learn about the rules. Learn about life. Learn about the multiverse, learn about yourself.

The Fraternity will help.
Attached to this text is a selection of the most important laws of Sigil as well as a few documents the avarage citizen might find useful when requesting Fraternity services- everything forming a nice little booklet, the front cover showing the Faction's seal.

Hasclaan puts the draft into an evelope then adds the following note:
wrote: Administrator,

as you wished I am sending you the first draft of the leaflet.

I am loking forward for your inpits, ideas and criticism,

Hasclaan Guunt, A8