The Trial Of Luisiani

*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

" '[T]he magical malady she was under'.

Good Doctor, let us observe precision in language. You stated earlier in your testimony that, and I quote, when you examined the accused you:

'found her of sound mind and body. There were no signs of ongoing mental illness or compulsion'.

You further stated that if there had been such a compulsion that it would be:

'impossible to deduce after the effect has had time to dissipate'.

Given that you found no proof of magical compulsion at the time of your examination, and further stated that you would have been unable to find proof of such had it occurred, is it not more accurate to state that you 'suspect' or 'believe' that a magical compulsion 'could' have been in effect as a matter of opinion?"
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Omartha pursed her lips - "My professional opinion, based on the evidence and my examination of her, is that she was under a magical compulsion at the time of the crime."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

((Sorry about the delay all, my bad! >.<))

Alathusra approaches the stand with a polite smile, flipping through the transcript of the witness' remarks casually before asking:

"Doctor Omartha, can you affirm that the accused has ever in fact come into contact with either enough Scrolls of Memnur to cause the afore-described mental effects, or the sensory stone replicating these effects?"