The Trial Of Luisiani

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

//Edited the original Sergio post as there was an unintended inconsistency in the testimony.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Alathusra nods with a smile, looking back toward the judge.

"The prosecution would draw the court's attention to the written testimonies of several other persons interviewed at the Fortune's Wheel, submitted prior to the trial. Testimonies which corroborate Mr. Natal's statements thus far."

After the documents are recognized, she turns back to Sergio.

"One last line of inquiry Mr. Natal: was it apparent to you from your brief observation of the game, who the primary beneficiaries were of Lord Alandris' poor luck?"
*MimiFearthegn

The written testimonies were duly presented - mostly to the effect that yes, both Lord Alandris and Luisiani were regular patrons at the Fortune's Wheel.

Sergio continued in response to Alathusra's query: "While I was watching, Miss Luisiani looked quite gleeful. I assumed she was winning."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Alathusra nods to Sergio before bowing to Caterina and returning to her place.

"The prosecution has no further questions for the witness."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina continues tot ake down a few notes and waits for Alathusra to be finished.

"Defense Counsel; your witness."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Thank you", Hasclaan says then approaches the witness.

"Good day, Mr, Natal. I have only a few questions.... first are the games of cards hosted there legal and registered with the Fated? The second.. how many people were present when this happened and how high were the bets that have been placed?"
*MimiFearthegn

Sergio seemed rather taken aback by the question, and blinked a few times.

"Well, er, I assume the card games are legal. I don't run them myself, or do the paperwork. There's certainly plenty of Fated who play at the Fortune's Wheel.

"There were five people at the table. I wasn't one of them, so I can't tell you how high the bets were."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina makes a note to have the licenses of The Fortune's Wheel checked and to have the premises inspected to make sure they are operating within the terms of any licenses they do hold, but that is a whole other issue and possibly a whole other trial for another day. For now she focuses on what the witnesses is saying.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Hasclaan simply nods. "Thank you. That would be all."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Alathusra calls each of her last three witnesses up in turn, asking them to describe the assault on Lord Alandris which they all bore witness to.

((I figured we might as well do these last three together for the sake of not dragging this out unnecessarily00