The Trial Of Luisiani

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

((Eeep. Sorry!

"As we have reached the end of the prosecution's witnesses, Administrator Guunt would you please call your first witness?"
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Of course Judge Arnders. The defendant calls the first witness, Dr. Omartha of the Fraternity of Order."

After the doctor to sat down, Hasclaan greets the doctor with his usual distant politeness.

"Greetings, doctor. Please tell us what you have found when examining the accused."

*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

//Oops, my turn to miss the cue.

Doctor Omartha made her way to the stand - the very picture of quiet decorum and proper dress - and began her testimony.

"When I went to examine Miss Luisiani, I found her of sound mind and body. There were no signs of ongoing mental illness or compulsion; just a certain restlessness and depression which I considered natural to her current state."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"No ongoing mental illness or compulsion..." the necromancer repeats. "Have you found signs that the accused has suffered under compulsions or mind affecting effects around the time the murder happened?"
*MimiFearthegn

"Yes." The doctor replied promptly.

"Miss Luisiani's character does not tend towards unprovoked violence. Furthermore, the statements taken at the time of the murder, as well as her own account of what happened, fit the profile of mental compulsion."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The necromancer nods once, lets those words sink in before he asks his next question.

"In your experience- could her condition have been caused by the items known as Scrolls of Memnur?"
*MimiFearthegn

//Oh my gosh, I thought I answered this. Sorry!

"Well that's a difficult question," the doctor responded, "Research into the scrolls has yielded a great many different theories about their effects and origins. Usually, their effect does not go beyond that of nightmares.

"However, I have heard of a case where the nightmares dreamed by the owner of the scroll came alive. And certainly, there are a few who have claimed that more recently the scrolls have begun to exert compulsion effects - in this case, delivered via sensory stone.

"Its a fascinating topic of research."
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

"Yes, I agree." He smiles, perhaps the first genuine, true smile he shared since the trial started. "Thank you doctor, you were most helpful."

(( No worries! :) ))
*MimiFearthegn

Doctor Omartha nodded amiably, and awaited any questions the prosecution might have.
*MimiFearthegn

"I have heard that such happened. However, I examined the accused after the fact. The exact cause of the magical malady she was under is impossible to deduce after the effect has had time to dissipate." The doctor replied.