Mercantile Stall Dismantled, Disposed Of: Alersia

*Guido

Posted by *Guido »

Upon finding a mercantile stall set up beside the Foul Olde Spirit Inn, bereft of said merchant, one Alersia, idle and closed for more than one hour (It was over two in fact), said display was removed to the refuse and a fine of 75 coin is given for littering and 200 more for removal and disposal. A further 50 pieces are levvied for administration.

A10 Bao
*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

Alersia appears angrily at the court asking for the person who did this.

She's that upset that she knocks the stuffing out of the administrator if she doesnt call for the responsible person for "THIS" and explains what happened in a harsh tone.

If this person appears, she would tell him angrily that she has a permit to run her business there (Serena managed it), that she has a contract with the owner of the foul olde spirit inn and that the Order has no right to remove property of the Inn.

After letting it out, she would slowly calm down and further reply that she would unterstand it if that would have happened within the trading area, but this is the "lot" of the Inn.

// Its no stall.

Its a "information sign" near the Foul Olde Spirit Inn and a chest with a scroll because the information does not fit into the sign's description and so far I know I cant hang out a letter at the door.

Edit: Ups, its not the hall of records but the court :P
*Guido

Posted by *Guido »

Delicate fingers swirl the contents of the brandyglass in an upper, private area for the members of the Fraternity. An apt eye peers as he stops, allowing the 'legs' to be observed. Raised close to the petite nose of the golden haired elf, he sniffs and with a slight smile, sips.

The knock on the door is rapid and he frowns, forcing him to look and considering to not answer. As the knocking comes again he sighs. "Enter."

Once the exchange of details has taken place, the elven man speaks. "Aide (insert name here), you do not call upon Administraters or anyone else for that matter in private chambers unless in emergency." He looks to the person. "Of which this is most certainly not. But I will forgive you this. I was a clerk for several years myself and I know the pains to which you apply yourself. As a certain Judge did upon a time to me, I will repay the Order and imbue upon you what need be done."

The elf swirls the liquid before taking another sip as if alone. Some seconds pass before he looks again to the Aide. "Firstly, calm yourself. Upon your return to the front desk, you will on the way, acquire two of the dozens of bailiffs available in this courthouse. You will inform them of the situation and the mannerisms of the individual involved as well as the name. If you should pass any of the Harmonium as no doubt you are likely to, this being a second home to most, you shall inform them as well. Speak confidently and true.

With bailiffs in tow you will arrive, inform this 'Alersia' the fine stands and that she has one month to pay. If she should not pay in four weeks, 28 cycles, the fine will be doubled and 'her' name added to those wanted, risking a date here, in Court. That is all. You may leave."

As the door closes the elf sets down the glass and sits up in his chair. From a pocket he pulls a piece of parchment, heavily scribbled upon. His eyes flit over the writing and the slightest hint of a smile comes to his lips.

"That much for that sort of treatment? No wonder they try to get out of a simple, single fine. No one would pay such a price."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A note finds its way to the Administrators desk
wrote:Administrator.

Please leave the task of enforcing the law on the street to the Harmonium. It is they who levee street level fines for infractions of the law. It is the place of the Fraternity to only pass judgement upon the citizens of the city. Should you feel someone should be served under the law, please locate a Harmonium guard to process the individual or file the charge personally in the courts against the offending citizen should none be available. Only when it is a matter of urgent necessity should you intervene personally. FinallyÂ… never level a penalty against a citizen unless proper judgement has been passed and only if said penalty does not fall in the realm of the Mercykillers. We must maintain the peace in this city and need to understand due process.

I unfortunately fully expect to see an appeal of this fine cross my desk very soon and I already have much work to see to already.

B4 Seph
Bureau of the Courts
The order to use Fraternity bailiffs is reduced to one and the clerk tasked with delivering the decision is removed from the task and returned to his desk. The Bailiffs can handle the task of delivering notice on their own as is their job. The order to double the fine is also rescinded as that can only happen during ‘due process

(((Just to add. I did this because it is never a good idea to create a high ranked NPC to back up the decisions that your characters make. If you make an IC decision, you need someone else to play the part of someone who will back you up. Creating our own support (during plots and stories) creates a conflict of interest.)))
*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

((( First, I am forwarding roleplay like this. Its good to see someone sizing the merchants. In my opinion the fee could easily be 1000 Jink to reflect the greater income at sigil then at PnP.

However my char and I ooc-wise aswell do not think that I placed "A merchant stall" as there was nothing sold. It was rather information or advertising placed outside the Inn and not in the merchant area.

Ooc-wise iam willing to pay but IC you have to explain why you force a fee. Dont expect to see any money if you cant sustain it with the law or a bluff roll.

So feel free to get a harmonium member and visit me "ingame". I will setup the sign/chest over the next days again. Should there be another way to handle it, you can also do this. )))
*Guido

Posted by *Guido »

wrote:The order to use Fraternity bailiffs is reduced to one and the clerk tasked with delivering the decision is removed from the task and returned to his desk. The Bailiffs can handle the task of delivering notice on their own as is their job. The order to double the fine is also rescinded as that can only happen during ‘due process

(((Just to add. I did this because it is never a good idea to create a high ranked NPC to back up the decisions that your characters make. If you make an IC decision, you need someone else to play the part of someone who will back you up. Creating our own support (during plots and stories) creates a conflict of interest.)))
OOC- With all respect the reason I rped asking the Aide to get baliffs was due to the post from Alerisa. This was not to collect a fine in any fashion but to show protection for the Aide himself, whom it is presumed, mans the front desk. The courthouse, which is a veritable hub within Sigil itself, would be filled with baliffs (I thought) to account for the task.

As for 'creating support' I presumed that as the focal point for the FoO that provision of protection from possible harm would be available for the npc Aide himself. I hope my intentions are now clear. I apologize if I did not make it so in my previous post.

Thank you. I will now answer ic.
*Guido

Posted by *Guido »

wrote:Administrator.

Please leave the task of enforcing the law on the street to the Harmonium. It is they who levee street level fines for infractions of the law. It is the place of the Fraternity to only pass judgement upon the citizens of the city. Should you feel someone should be served under the law, please locate a Harmonium guard to process the individual or file the charge personally in the courts against the offending citizen should none be available. Only when it is a matter of urgent necessity should you intervene personally. FinallyÂ… never level a penalty against a citizen unless proper judgement has been passed and only if said penalty does not fall in the realm of the Mercykillers. We must maintain the peace in this city and need to understand due process.

I unfortunately fully expect to see an appeal of this fine cross my desk very soon and I already have much work to see to already.

B4 Seph
Bureau of the Courts
B4 Seph

Such has become the notice of grievances recently that I did perhaps overstep the 'usual' boundaries in setting fine. This was not willful destruction nor unlawful. Nor done in slight nor spite. Said area was clearly unmanned, in fact CLOSED as the sign said (that sign pertaining to this incident).

A fine was levied and set here after receiving no word from the Harmonium who I had attempted to summon at the time ((Yes, an EM had logged in and was contacted. The name will not be mentioned on purpose)). Any Harmonium might have spoken and has not.

If they, the Harmonium, should see fit my fine lessened or nulled, then I ask they are given full allowance to the said fine and my statement. It is, after all is said and done in your words, their task.

I thank you for your correspondence

A10 Bao
*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

(( I still wait for ingame consequence, just saying :P ))
*Springer79

Posted by *Springer79 »

*Spending time in the court house and performing a routine of filing and organizing, Aide Grail searches for the particular case on hand. His nose twitches slightly upon recognizing it and proceeds gather all articles and information pertaining to it. Once acquired he proceeds to deliver said information to the prison for execution.*
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A short reply is sent
wrote:Administrator

It is not up to me to second guess the decisions of Administrators not under the authority of this Bureau unless an official appeal of his decision is filed with my office and the Bureau of the Court. If you feel he has erred in his decision, you are free to file that appeal or take it up directly with his direct superior. I will not pass or remove a judgement on his actions until such an appeal is filed as protocol.

Until then, the fine is to stand as written.

Thank you

Judge Seph