Mercantile Stall Dismantled, Disposed Of: Alersia

*Forsaken Dreamer

Posted by *Forsaken Dreamer »

*Nerruin receives files on the current matter and sorts through them. Once he finished reading the details involving the stall, he writes a letter to B4 Seph*

B4 Seph

I write to you on the matter of A10 Bao. Recently it was brought to my attention that A10 Bao charged a fine that exceeded the acceptable amount allowed for small penalties and in doing so over stepped his jurisdiction . Furthermore it doesn't seem as if this was ever brought to the Mercykillers attention as well. The primary concern in this is that A10 Bao's actions will set a bad example to future Aides, I appreciate your time in reading this.

A9 Ziavuil
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

Xander,Nov 3 2015 wrote: *Spending time in the court house and performing a routine of filing and organizing, Aide Grail searches for the particular case on hand. His nose twitches slightly upon recognizing it and proceeds gather all articles and information pertaining to it. Once acquired he proceeds to deliver said information to the prison for execution.*
//Repeat posting here for record's sake.

A few days after the files had been dropped off, Aide Grail receives the following correspondence from the prison.
wrote: Care of Aide Grail
Re: Case of one Alersia's Merchant Stall

On 1st Guild of Decadre, I received the documentation on the case of one Alersia, her fining, and her complaint against Aide Bao. I have found no record of the case having come to trial, and the fine issued is well in excess of the prescribed 100 jink for minor offenses.

I would like to remind the Courts that the Fraternity is tasked with judging and interpreting the law, not enforcement. Likewise, without proper proceedings to determine guilt, the Red Death has no reason to issue a punishment against the accused. Thus the fine is null and void.

In the future, remember that it is the responsibility of the Courts to solve their own bureaucratic inefficiencies.

For Justice,

Justice Tarben
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

If he happened to hear about the Mercykiller response, judge Seph would agree with the reply and send one of his own to the Aide
wrote:Aide Grail

Simply for the matter of education do I send this note to you. For future reference if a fine is leveled against a citizen of the city through a decision of one of the levels of the Triad system, one does not need to elevate it further unless the matter is appealed. So an fine leveled by the Harmonium will never come to the attention of the Fraternity unless the individual(s) affected apply for an appeal of the judgment/fine. Should a fine be leveled by the Fraternity it will never be elevated to the Mercykillers unless an appeal of the judgment is made and the appellate court overrules the original judgment and chooses to elevate it themselves. By taking the original judgment and elevating it without an appellate courts permission to the Mercykillers, you placed the burden of Judgment on their shoulders which is not proper protocol nor should it be expected of them. They were right to simply toss it out at that point.

In the future, should you find a judgment by a member of the Fraternity that needs enforcement, please forward the matter to the Bailiffs to do so. Should the citizen not agree, they can appeal and the courts will take it from there.

I will, however, thank you for your initiative in the matter.

Judge Seph