Permit Request - Clarification Of A Law

*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

Alersia, an alu-fiend walks into the Court and looks curiously around. She eventually stops by the wallpaper "Dark streets increase accidents" and shakes her head as response.

A moment later she walks toward the board in search for further informations granting permits. The board suggests knocking at the first office on the right side of the entrance (if you walk in and turn right). And so she does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She would ask the office's clerk for informations about the exact definition of "Assault" regarding slaves - which slave treatment is allowed and what not (like educate them with a whip or stick, food deprivation and physical exhausion like full-day-work).

She would further reply, that she intents to buy a slave and is looking for lawful methods to educate the slave. She would make clear that she does not want to use such methods and would only use them as last option. They must be within the law before she would even considers them.

After the clerk answered the questions she would enroll a paper and hand it over along a small pouch containing thousand Jink.
wrote: I, Alersia request the proper rights for trade, acquisition and owning of slaves within the walls of Sigil for the duration of one year.

*signed with her Name and date 132 HA*
*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

// All guvners on holiday or is slave treatment too touchy for mere guvners? :lol:
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

((My Guvner PC used to handle this but after a change in server lore its now up to the Fated to deal with that I fear. I pick this up as an EM now...))

The Aide looks up at the winged woman, looks through the forwarded requests and documents but then shakes his head.

"I fear you have submit this to the Fated in the Hall of Records. However for your questions... a slave is your property and depending on the exact nature of the contract it might have no rights at all.

Punishment and use for said slave is yours to decide- there are contracts for simple manservants or maids, for workers. On the other end of the spectrum you got living blood donours for undead and test subjects for researchers or the pain-puppets used in the Temple of the Abyss.

As long as you stick to the contract and not use a slave in a way it is not meant to or use it to break any laws it is up to you what you do."

Putting her documents into a folder the man adds a note of himself, then hands everything to the half fiend again. "As far as I can say the documents forwarded should suffice. Please just submit them at the Hall of Records."

((If no taker PC picks this up I will do as an EM again))
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((In order to clarify this issue that gets misunderstood quite a bit, I will link to this other topic where it first was explained:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... opic=11017

Hope it helps!
*Alersia

Posted by *Alersia »

/// I am confused who's responsible :(
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((at this point, me as well XD
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

(( It is the Takers. The Guvners are no longer responsible for licenses I fear. ))
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((licenses, yes, that I know, what I am referring to is the slavery thing, for which I had been told Guvners still retain the responsibility
Darkrob,Mar 14 2015 wrote:In an effort to spread out Faction responsibilities a bit, the last time someone asked for regular business licenses and permits, I had the matter placed in the hands of the Fated. The only stipulation being slavery permits (as they fall under the auspices of legal rights for more than one person).
Then again, I can see now that the page with Sigil laws says yet another thing, so I start to wonder what the hell I have been doing until now :rolleyes:
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

(( Brrrrrrrrrr.

TBH this makes no sense at all. Licenses are licenses. Takers deal with them now, so should deal with the slaves as well.

As for the argument of spreading faction responsibilities- it is a rather thin one IMO.

In the old system Hasclaan gave out a license then sent the berk over to the Takers to pay the fees and taxes.

2 factions involved.

Now it is a single one. ))
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((It is fine, yes :nod: I'll just stick to this from now on and stop sending people to the Guvs when it comes to slavery-thingies.
I just hope it doesn't get changed yet again, because it gets silly after the second time :lol:

Please Alersia, if possible just consider that along with all the licenses we dealt with in game there is also the slavery one, as I don't believe Rhistel would have any reason to send you to the Courts at this point...