A Visit To Administrator Arnders

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Early morning on the first day of the work cycle Caterina would arrive at the court to start her day like any other. She would retrieve her mail from the slot, take an apple off the tray and head to her office. As she opened the door, just biting into her apple she would stop due to an unexpected sight. There, sitting in her chair, was Garen. He had not returned to this Bureau since he had left it for the courts. He looked at her as she stood there. There was no smile on his face

"I need to have a word with you, Caterina... please close the door"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina sits behind her desk there is a neatly ordered pile of paperwork to the right of it and a smaller just as neatly ordered pile to the left, between them sits a book on Theology relating to the prime world of Oerth. In her usual quiet way she digests everything that is said then with calm precise moments she stands up turns to the Monodrone that sits beside her..

"Wait outside please. And see to it I am not disturbed."

She gets up and closes the door after the dpearting Modrone.

"I was not expecting a visit Bureau Chief, and normally you make an appointment first. Would you like some tea, its from Arcadia, its rather good."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Almost as if he didn't hear what she said, he spoke as soon as the door was closed. It was clear he was agitated and hadn't slept a great deal last night

"Where do I start? First I had to deal with the death of my first administrator... damn fool and his research into chaos and its impact of elixirs... never even found enough to raise him. Then I had to manage the damn office by myself while managing my own Trial schedule until they sent me the one I have now and it turns out he doesn't know what the hells he's doing!"

he moved the side of her office towards her mini-bar and placed his hands on the cheerywood bartop

"Now I have a damn Aide accusing me of complacent corruption because of some damned irregularity that forced a witness not to be admitted... why?" before she had a chance to say anything "I'll tell you why... because the people in my damn office are incompetent! That damned paper never made it to my desk and I'm at fault? Me!?"

He stopped for a moment, just long enough for her to interject before he gained his breath. He was most certainly out of character for his usual self.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

There is the sound clinking china as Caterina listens in calm silence her expression as ever attentive but unreadable. Garen is offered a cup of tea regardless of wherever she wanted to or not, the tried and tested method of dealing with crisis. Eventually only once she is sure he has finished does she respond.

"I see, so the Bureau of courts is not shaping up to be all that it seemed. It sounds like you need someone to organize things. Especially if it leads to unpleasantness like what you have just described."

She takes a sip from her own cup the tea appears to be some fruity smelling green liquid.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

He looked at her... looked at the cup... looked at her once more and then sighed and slumped in a chair, carefully picking up the cup and nursing it with both hands

"It's not the Bureau, Caterina, it's the incompetence. It's not something I'm used to dealing with. I could count on you! I could count on my files being correct, my office secure and my staff alert and organized. Now? I'm having to deal with, no doubt, some family member of someone with some clout. How do files go missing? How do files not arrive? I'm supposed to be concentrating on trials, not babysitting over indulged staff members and playing clerk.

Point blank... I want you to come and assume control of my office. I want.. .no, correction, I need those organizational skills back."

He paused and looked at his tea with a confused look on his face

"This seems a little bitter. Did you not put sugar in it? The tea I have in my office is sweeter." He shrugged slightly and continued

"All you have to do is give me the nod and I can make it happen. What do you say?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She responds rather dryly in the tone of one reprimanding a difficulty elderly relative.

"Sugar isn't good for you not at your age"

It would take someone who knows her as well as Garen to detect the humor hidden in her words or see the very brief flicker of a smile.

"I had said before I'd work with you again and I will. I can't see me needing any kind of promotion for this so we can circumvent any tests that are to be taken, but you will need to smooth things over with your successor here."

She gestures to her office door presumably she is referring to the current Bureau Chief she reports to.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

He glanced to the door then back to Caterina

"Her? Piece of cake."

He opened the door and made his way to the office next to Catarina's. The door closed behind him. It was quiet for a while then a few short bursts argument followed by the sound of a Directive, he did outrank this particular Bureau Chief. After about 15 minutes the door opened and he re-entered Cats office.

"Update your assiatant on what needs to be done. Ensure all your loose ends are tied up and report to my department as soon as you're ready. I'll have a nice office waiting for you"

He drank the rest of his tea and shivered slightly

"And bring some sugar... this simply isn't going to do".
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

In order to better facilitate the Bureau, Garen has made A1 Caterina Arnders (in an official capacity) his personal executive assistant as well as the department manager. She has already passed all necessary security protocols and therefore will act on his behalf when he requires it. This does not mean she can authorize anything above her rank but does mean she has access to the same information and permissions as Garen so that she can get her work done without Garen having to sign and approve every move she makes in his stead. She will also sit in on his meetings so that she can ensure the Bureau Chief remains organized and informed.

A memo is sent out to notify the other departments of this move