A Press For Trial Of Malone And Williams

*Springer79

Posted by *Springer79 »

((the following is in reference to threads listed here and here.))

Witness statement:
wrote: I, Administrator A9 Xander Tyberus Grail, give testament to the following as to being the truth to the events that occurred during (and being the catalyst of) my two week absence from the City of Courts to be used as evidence in the prosecution of a Mr. Durry Malone and Saul "Sully" Williams.

On the 23rd of last month I had returned to Sigil from a business trip to Neverwinter city on Toril. Passing through the Hive Ward I distinctly remember a hard impact to the back of my head which rendered me unconscious.

Several hours later I awoke bound and chained to a stone floor with matching walls and a single exit. It was there a man identified himself as my captor. His name is Durry Malone. He is a former associate of mine who's contract was terminated upon the surfacing of information regarding questionable legal entanglements. Of which I played a role in informing local authorities to his illegal activities that in turn lead to his apprehension.

Mr. Malone had confessed that he was responsible for my unwilling, illegal detention and was prepared to release me only after extorting monetary compensation from my family in the Lady's Ward. The sum being 1 million jink in king's tears. Mr. Malone had brutalized and mutilated my person in this attempt and sent a detached finger to my wife, Deltana Grail, as a means to coax her into paying the ransom demands. Through my own natural resilience I was able to regenerate the digit, though the separation pain and anguish lingered despite the healing process.

This is not to mention the mental anguished caused to members of House Grail in my absence.

Malone was accompanied by six or seven subordinates. Most of which I could not identify.

Two weeks I remained captive to Mr. Malone, who barely maintained adequate facilities and food for my own well being. As well as delivering daily acts of physical and mental brutality and assaults.

At the end of the two weeks I awoke in a room in UnderSigil Village to find my wife Deltana standing over me. She had informed me that all of the individuals involved had been dispatched save for one who had initially fled the scene and was recaptured (Williams) and Malone. Measure Chari of the Harmonium was present at the time and detained the suspect to the holding cells of the barracks where he was then transferred to the City Court holding cells.

To this act, I request to press full charges on the suspect and are prepared to testify to those ends.

Signed,

Xander Tyberus Grail
Fraternity of Order, A9
(( I'd noticed that we haven't really had many opportunities for a trial in a small while. This could make an opportunity to do just that and give a fresh feel for proceedings if any choose to participate. Any rp involved needn't necessarily be played out in game, though could if deemed necessary. If any Guvner or DM that wishes to take a role as judge in this I am completely open to any possibilities as well as anyone else wanting to take on some sort of role within the proceedings. Both the defendants and claimant are played by me so could almost consider it a mock trial, but with genuine rp elements? Could consider it a type of legal exercise for players. Door is wide open on this.))