Beginning Reasearch

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Sunshine,Mar 29 2016 wrote: (( I plan to run the in game event next Sunday at about 1500 GMT. Let me know if this is alright for you guys))
((GMT or BST? We're on daylight savings time now.))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

A letter would arrive in Garen's office the mark on the letter head would suggest it comes from Th Fortress of Disciplined Enlightenment in Mechanus.
wrote:
Bureau Cheif Seph

We were successful into our foray into one of Her Serenity's mazes.  We were able to locate Administrator Algond and his work.  Not wishing to tempt Her Serenity's wrath by bringing someone she has mazed directly back into Sigl we have taken him to our Faction's Headquarters on Mechanus.  His incarceration has taken a toll on his mind and we are doing our best to aid his rehabilitation.  His moments of lucidity would suggest we will meet with success soon, at which point we will begin reviewing his work with him to see what we can glean for our own project. I will forward the results to you as soon as they are available.

Caterina Arnders
Administrator I
Bureau of Courts

P.s Please see attached
Along with the letter is enclosed an expenses form pertaining to the replacement of an ornate china tea cup and saucer lost in the line of faction duty.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Garen would smile when this new reached him. A step closer to success.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

After a few days have passed Aide Fronn sends message to the courts that the man has recovered enough and can be interviewed.

His mind is still suffereing from madness however which makes questioning him a bit difficult sometimes.

(( Next event will be a short one, just interviewing Administrator Algond and perhaps do some practical research as well.

I aim to run it on sunday, same time as last week))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina would first circulate the message around Garen's Bureau, she would then see if she could access any personnel files relating to Algond, anything about his hobbies and interests anything he liked.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

The files she gets show that administrator Algond spent a lot of time to grow flowers in his free time. Rare orchids and roses were among his favourites and he was quite good in creating new, rare breeds.

Some of them grew to be rather popular, for example a special kind of orchid which smell is said to keep razorwine at bay and some red and orange roses who are said to have a sooting effect on those who suffer all kinds of emotional turmoil.

He also enjoyed to drink exotic fruit juices and in his youth he was a passionate singer but he gave this hobby up after joining the fraternity.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She'd leave the courts and putting up an umbrella against the rain she'd hail herself a sedan chair to The Lower Ward. Once there she'd go to The Green House and see if she could purchase any of the flowers Algond was responsible for. She wouldn't mind paying over the odds for these. Once that was done she would head back to the courts the long way through the Clerks Ward where she would stop off at the Hall of Records.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

The flowers can still be bought and even if the people perhaps forgot their origin they seem to be rather popular.

She gets some roses in a small clay pot, an orchid planted into a more elaborate vase filled with both sand and water, the plants smell subtle but somehow exotic in its sweetness.

At the hall of records she is greeted by an elderly half elf, the man looking up from his table at her.

"Yes? What can the Fated do for you?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She shows her faction badge for whatever worth that is.

"If at all possible I'd like to see the latest census please."
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

The man looks at her badge carefully, checks her name against a list he has, then hands her some documents she has to fill (both for the Takers and the Fraternity- but for this the faction will pay the fee).

Afterwards he shows her to a room nearby and invites her to sit on the lone table here. He leaves for a moment then returns with the documents she asked for- and there are plenty.