Beginning Reasearch

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Taking the information gathered from his personnel file Caterina would begin the very, very long task of going through the census and trying to find anyone still alive today in Sigil who may be related to Algond.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

After a long search through sheer endless lists she finds two names- a Signer namer called Rescar who is the son of a grandnephew and also a young woman working as a scribe in the Lady's ward, called Filena.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina would take down names and addresses, before heading to The Lady's Ward and home. She'd change into a comfy dressing gown before pouring herself some hot chocolate and settling into bed with a good book.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

((Aiming for 15:00 BST on this Sunday for the interview. All of you are invited to join of course. it will be a short one this time but it will lay the groundwork for future events. ))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

((Of course I am in.))
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

After her trip to Mechanus with Garen Caterina pens him a letter.
wrote:
Bureau Chief Seph

To follow on from our conversation yesterday I believe that our next course of action should be to investigate the travel device left abandoned on the Astral plane.  To do this I would like to commission a spelljammer from Dead Gods Rock to get us close.  As I have no idea what I'd find there I would like to bring the Administrators Grail along with me.

Caterina Arnders
Administrator I
Bureau of City Courts

P.S please see attached.
Enclosed with the letter is the Mimir on which the interview between Garen, Algond and Caterina was recorded on and an expenses form pertaining to the repair of a shoe damaged in the course of faction duty.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

The expense would be approved having seen the incident himself.

Once all the research from Algond had arrived, Garen would spend most of his time pouring over it, organizing it, cross referencing it and comparing it with his own notes so far. He would also begin his experiments. Nothing too advanced, though. Such things as spending time near places of great extremes (places of law, neutrality, etc) in order to investigate potential rifts already occurring between these places and other planes, places with no current known portals of course.

It was coming along nicely.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

Garens research goes well- while there are no spectacular results are achieved the bureau chief learns a lot.

At first it is slow, very slow.

But then Garen detects small anomalies, sees where the borders between the planes grow thin. No real portal yet but he realizes that with some 'encouragement' it would be possible to create a temporary, perhaps rather short lived pathway.

The more he watches the easier it gets to find this places and soon he learns what he has to look for. Then he notices a pattern and he starts to learn the rules and laws of the process. Cross referencing it to the material he already has he can confirm his results- and soon he should be able to predict spontaneous portals after analyzing a place's planar eviroment.

Now he only has to learn how to open them quickly before they fade again.

(( Next event will be this Sunday at 16:00 BST.

Planned is a journey to the astral plane to find and explore a planar travelling device stranded there. There will be lots of RP and skill use, light combat optional. ))
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

It takes several days for the Aides and Administrators assigned to the Planar sphere to search it, the rask made easier by the gnome Administrator Arnders has recruited.

Frident's knowledge proves to be critically in unravelling the secrets of this planar travelling device and allows the Guvners to finish their work faster and with greater precision which leads to more detailed results.

Aide Fronn sends the results to the Courts but the Fraternity will have to spend several years of study to understand this device completely.

Nevertheless the knowledge gained might be the last bit of the puzzle Garen needs.

While the researchers busied themselves with the Sphere the warrior Fooza whom Caterina has recruited trains hard to join the corps of Bailiffs.
Her own training and the tactics she has learned in her old faction give the Guvners some new insights as well- especially in case should they one day meet the woman's old friends in battle.

'The Glory of Pefect Mathematics' returned to Mechanus' Jammer docks without having sustained much damage under A 10 Lim's command, the fire genasi girl adding the data collected by the Guvner vessel to the results the researchers gained.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

After cleaning up his current court trial, Garen would delay the rest of his schedule and focus squarely on his research. He would take all the information that Cat had acquired and spend all his available time putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Testing, scribing, testing, trialing, testing, napping, testing and finally an attempt to fully open a portal without keys and then create a portal on his own. His current progress kept entirely secret (except for Caterina) until he was ready to demonstrate it for his Factol.