To Garen Seph

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

A letter arrives to the office of interfactional affairs, addressed to A3 Garen Seph.
wrote: Judge Garen Seph,

I trust you are well. I wish the circumstances behind this letter was better, but I need you to make something clear to all of your low ranking members.

The Mercykillers are its own faction. We are not subservient to the Fraternity. We cooperate with one another to ensure the law is enforced, but we all have our independent responsibilities.

If a Fraternity member, or any faction member for that matter, is disrespectful and threatens a member of the Mercykillers within the walls of the prison, they are subject to Prison law. We will detain them and their respective factions will be informed of their incarceration so that a representative may be sent to negotiate their release. I would expect the same to happen if one of my Namers disrespected you or any of the Fraternity within the courthouse.

The incident prompting this letter is currently under investigation and the findings will be forwarded to you so that you may handle it within your faction without the need of Harmonium involvement.

I hope that we can alleviate any friction this may have caused between our factions as I fully support the unity of the Triad. Please inform me of any concerns you have regarding this.

Regards,
Factor Charae
Mercykillers
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A short letter is returned
wrote:Factor Charae

I will not comment on the accusations presented in your letter until I have been informed of the details and members involved. Please forward them as soon as you are able.

As for detaining members of the Fraternity. Under Sigilian law, citizens may be detained until such a time as the Harmonium is prepared to assume control of them. They will not be negotiated for. I hope you understand that. If the law was broken by them, whether within the prison or without, they will be dealt with according to established law. Should our members somehow fall within this scope, I would expect you to detain them until either the Harmonium or the Bailiffs arrive to assume responsibility where they will be promptly handed over for due process.

I hope you understand this.

I eagerly await your assessment of the situation that prompted this letter.

Regards

Garen
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

A response follows.

Thank you for your reply. The investigation of the incident is underway and I will send you a report of it later once finished. I understand your concern with the application of the law in this matter, though I also hope you share an understanding toward the position this incident places me in during a state where tensions are already high.

Regards,
Factor Charae
Mercykillers
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote:Factor;

I understand your position and understand the delicate nature of the current situation within the city but my first, and main, obligation is to the law. We cannot, neither now or in the future, circumvent the law for reasons of convenience or simplicity. The law must be adhered to by us all. Please understand this position as well for without the law we are doomed to wallow in chaos.

Garen
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Justice is our main concern and Justice must be had for this, but we will always respect the Triad's way as is the decree of our third tenent. You have my reassurance of that. However, if this is your wish, then once the investigation is over I am bound to place all charges on the individual in question.

As an aside, how have you been doing? I heard there have been changes since the loss of the Bureau Chief and I've not seen you in the bazaar in some time. Not being overworked, are you?

Regards,
Factor Charae
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

If you feel that charges will be required, please forward all findings of your investigation to the Harmonium for further investigating by their officers. Should they find sufficient grounds to lay charges, they will do so and the Fraternity will follow due process as they would any citizen of the city. I'm sure you'll find my patience for those who break the law is the same whether they are Fraternity members or not.

As for your more personal inquiries... Thornbrew has yet to be replaced. We're in the midst of an internal investigation surrounding his death and a replacement will most likely not be named until the findings are complete. Until that time comes, I have been placed in temporary charge of this Bureau and have been using all my time to maintain it as best as possible. Overworked might be a good word ~

I congratulate you on your promotion to Factor. I'm sure you will do your faction proud.

Regards

Garen
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

I have finished my investigation.

Namer Rhosha detained Aide Ulihoon in the sewers for suspicious activity. The Namer brought Aide Ulihoon back to the prison for questioning rather than taking them to the barracks. Aide Ulihoon was uncooperative during the procedure and threatened Namer Rhosha numerous times. Aide Ulihoon was later released by the Namer.

The Namer did not follow due process and will be punished accordingly with extra duty and hard labor without pay for the period of one month.  As for the matter of Aide Ulihoon's activities in the sewers, I do not see anything substantial in his actions to warrant further investigation from my end. I will note that his behavior was reportedly less than professional and may have escalated the situation.

I will be informing the Harmonium of Namer Rhosha's error in judgement and will add the incident to her personal records. Please inform me if you have any questions about this incident.

Regards,
Factor Charae
Mercykillers
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Information regarding Aide Ulihoons' behaviour towards the Mercykiller is forwarded to his Bureau Chief. Since no charges are pending, it is up to his Chief to decide how to proceed
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A reply is sent

Thank you for your time in this matter. The information has been passed on to the Aide's Bureau Chief. They will decide what to do with the new Fraternity member. Perhaps a learning experience they can grow from.

Garen
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

wrote: Judge Garen,

I am forwarding this to you to make note that the Harmonium refuses to cooperate with the Triad investigation. Please advise.

Regards,
Factor Charae
The following message is attached:
wrote:Namer Leona,

This is highly irregular. Harmonium conduct their own investigations, regardless of what the Mercykillers and Fraternity order. However, as a courtesy to Judge Seph we will provisionally allow you to accompany the inspectors already assigned to this affair. Whatever they choose to disclose to you is their prerogative.

That is, after we receive the proper notarization from Judge Seph and your reassignment papers from Factor Charae. Please be advised that you will receive no cooperation until such documents are produced.

For Peace and Harmony,
Zenodarakaro
Mover III