Requested Legal Investigation

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Garen looks to Caterina before speaking.

“My intent, administrator, is to look to the legality of the situation and to address potential legal issues with it. I am not here to dissect the emotional or moral aspects of the issue… simply the legality. The concern of the law is the law itself… not whether it makes people happy or stressed.

On the surface it would appear that everything before me, on paper and permit, is completely legal. The signatures are genuine, as admitted by your client and the stamps are legitimate as shown by the Fraternity seal. That aspect we cannot deny, can we?”

He walks over to the counter behind his desk and pours himself a cup of tea from the heated Urn. Being a judge affords you comfortable quarters. He returns to his desk and sits. He allows the few minutes this takes to hang in silenceÂ… to allow the administrator time to absorb the meaning behind GarenÂ’s view of the law.

“I am, however, alarmed at the way the contract has been forged. If this is proven as factual, then a great many laws were broken in brokering this contract. So… now we must decide how to proceed.”

He takes a paper out of his desk and begins to fill it out. He continues to speak while writing.

“I’ll grant you 7 days of protective custody. Any more than that and you’ll have to apply to an open court for extension. During that time, your client is to have no contact with Charae for any reason, personal or otherwise. Speak with the Justicar about releasing your client willingly and remind her that win or lose, a trial is not in her best interests should the courts permit Uran to pursue charges. If you are able to do this, return here with your client within 3 days so we may finalize everything or prepare to petition the court for permission to charge… as it may be.”
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She listens to everything processes the information and then responds.

"Thank you very much."

She turns to Uran.

"Do you understand all of that?"
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

''i-i do, yes...'' uran nodded meekly
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina smiles.

"We have a spare room you can stay in for the seven days. If you feel you'd like to do something to earn your keep I can always find some house work but I shan't insist. If you have everything we will go and get you settled in.

Garen I shall be in touch with my progress."
*Er_Nano_Infame

uran nods, inhales deep and gets less shakey, finishes her story, then simply waits for caterina or garen to continue
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina would return home presumably with Uran in tow. She lives in a ring shaped house in the Lady's Ward which she shares with Hogarth. Uran would be shown to a guest room the window of which would look out into a very orderly garden at the rings center. She leaves Uran to unpack only to return later with two forms.

"Please make yourself comfortable whilst you are here and over the course of your stay here would you read and sign these please. The sooner you have the sooner we will be rid pf this mess we are in. If there is anything you need do not hesitate to mention it."

She then heads out of the room and around the ring shaped corridor that makes up her home to another room. This one lined with bookshelves. Two paintings draw the eye one of a cityscape from a prime somewhere and the other a fortress made of ice on some frozen outer plane. Caterina sits down at a desk and begins to write.

wrote:
Justicar

In response to our earlier conversation regarding the emancipation of Uran from your care please read and sign the two enclosed forms.  The first waives any claim of ownership of her the second is a confidentiality agreement to ensure no public disclosure will be made about this whole affair.  As per your requests Uran will drop any and all charges that may arise against you as a result of any action taken during and leading up to her enslavement and a will enter into the same confidentiality agreement as you.  I thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Regards
Caterina Arnders
Administrator A3
Civil Judge
When Uran reads the forms they would be as described in the letter, one meaning she drops any charges the other preventing any of this from being made public knowledge.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae signed both forms and sent them back to Caterina by courier.
*Er_Nano_Infame

uran followed caterina to her house, ready for the stay and to help in houseworks as she can and when shown the new papers she reads carefully and then signs them

///bit delay in replying as i was away all today///
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina breathes a sigh of relief pours herself a glass of wine and sealing both pairs of forms in an envelope she sends them to Garen.
wrote:
A3 Seph

Please see the enclosed documents it is my hope that this will see this matter laid to rest with minimal public expense or exposure.  I shall not be pursuing legal custody of Uran for longer than the seven day period.

Regards
Caterina Arnders
Administrator A3
Civil Judge.
She would of course discharge her legal obligations and Uran would be made welcome for the rest of the week she was in Caterina's care.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Garen would look over the papers in his office. He would examine the legalities of them and, finally, signs them. Her captivity would be officially annulled. He also files one more form with the Harmonium office via the clerks office. It is a ruling that Uran would be forbidden from signing any contractual slavery contract for a period of one year... to be re-examined at that time for conclusion or extension. This would be to protect her against other attempts at her captivity until such a time she understood the nature of Slavery Contracts. She would be sent a copy of the ruling (nothing that requires signing) and so would Caterina.

Bridget receives a short note at her listed home in the Hive.
wrote:The case you requested to have looked into has been settled. The contract has been nullified and the slavery debt cancelled. Thank you for your help in this matter.

A3 Seph
Civil Judge
Fraternity of Order
Caterina would receive the following note.
wrote:Caterina

I thank you for your aid in this matter. Contractual debts are always difficult to cancel and you managed to do just that. Your expertise was welcomed. If I can aid you in any way in the future, as a means of repaying you for your help, I would be happy to do so.

Kind regards

Garen