Garen looks to Uran

"Please... answer the question"
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

''these signatures on these two documents look like mine''

*then waits to hear what else they'll say*
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina pinches the bridge of her nose leans her head back and composes herself at the response.

"I do not think you understand what is at stake here so I shall explain. If I am to represent you, if I am to fight for your freedom I need facts, not appearances. I want the truth did you or didn't you sign this? I am not concerned with what it looks like, but what it is. The answer you give here decides how I go about securing your freedom.

I also need to know if in fact you desire freedom, because I have reviewed the case files and you are not the one who lodge the initial complaint nor have I heard you say as much yourself and frankly based on your actions I am actually beginning to believe you prefer slavery."

She stops allowing this to sink in her tone the same polite diplomatic drawl she reserves for Harmonium officers or unruly defendants in court, people whom protocol demands she must be polite to.

"If you do want your freedom and you did sign this I need to know whether you did so of your own free will or whether it was under duress and if it was under duress can you prove it?

I will fight for you Uran but you need to give me the weapons to do so."

Finaly she addresses her last question to Garen.

"Its your office Administrator Seph, do you mind if I smoke?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Garen nods to Caterina and then turns to Uran

"Uran, I am speaking to you as a Judge in this matter. I need you to answer Administrator Arnders' questions both honestly and clearly. I can compel you to do so, as is the right of the court, but I hope we can simply complete this interview without such protocol being employed.

Understand... if you do not answer honestly and completely, we will consider the Contract lawful and binding. You will lose all rights granted a free citizen. Once done, the Triad will not answer to your pleas nor will they interfere in your captivity. You will be owned, wholly and completely... with no lawful recourse to fall back on. You will be little more in the eyes of the Law than a possession of your master. Her whims, her... behaviour... will be yours to bear, not ours.

Allow us to examine your captivity and that which created it."

He leans back in his chair and waits
*Er_Nano_Infame

uran'sel sighs a bit and looks over the papers again

''t-these are my s-signatures, yes''

pauses a moment

''and i n-never wished to get involved i-in this kind of contract. my s-signing is result of duress.''
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina reaches into her pocket and produces a polished silver case that has rich engravings down its side She opens it taking a white papered cigarette from inside. She offers one to Garen and Uran each and taps the tip on the back of her wrist before raising that same hand she lights it with a cantrip inhaling deeply and breathing out as she listens to Uran.

"I see, but for that to stand as an effective means of freeing you we need to prove it. Can you prove you were under duress?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Garen politely refuses the cigarette. He Turns to Uran;

"Miss, I need you to describe for me, in your own words, how signing the contract came about. I need you to be concise and thorough. If you wish to have the contract legally annulled, we'll need as much information as we can gather."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"Miss Uran... regardless of any proof you might, or might not have, would you be willing to agree to Administrator Arnders terms if she can make this work? Don't worry about the legal details... that is our job. We simply need to know if you would agree... And I think she refers to any future charges on the matter."
*Er_Nano_Infame

''i'll think a-about this i-in a moment. i still have s-some things to say, o-or ask, i-if you dont mind''

*pauses, rubs ear, thinking*

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

"I speak of course of the charges of assault and duress."

Caterina takes a long drag on her cigarette before exhaling. As uran stops to think she turns to Garen.

"I would also like to formally request my client temporarily be made a ward of the state Administrator Seph. I do so on the grounds that should a settlement be refused that this case may go to court and should it go to court my clients impartiality may be called in to question due to the Justicar's ownership and resultant influence over her."