Rules Laws And Axioms.

*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina had been busy recently. She made a point of keeping herself busy throwing herself into her Faction's affairs in Sigil. The maintence of the city's legal system. Serving as a judge in the City Court or acting as a liaison between her Faction and the others. The stuff of rules. Whilst she agreed rules were important but the multiverse was bigger than just Sigil and the laws which governed it were greater even than the rules with which the Fraternity kept order in Sigil.

After a brief discussion with Administrator 1 Secuna a trip to The Gatehouse to speak with one of the low security patients Caterina had gone to the Bureau of Planar Affairs to secure the permits necessary to travel to Avernus and the services of a local guide. She had returned now a stone tablet covered in strange markings in her posession.

She made her way to the Bureau of Prime Affairs and looked up all she could on her next destination. She returned with all the records she could reasonably carry to her office. Once there she watered the tall white lilly that sat on her desk, another new addition. Then as well as her research into the prime she checked the records for everything she could relating to a word. A single nonesensical word. A name.

Uvudauum.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Caterina's research reveals not much but there are snippets and parts of ancient writings that mention this name.

The Tome of "Creatures of the Unknown" says:
wrote:...and the horrid uvuudaum, which is a manifestation of a distant realm
where the rules of proper dimensions are meaningless.
"Incomprehensible Species" says:
wrote: Among the creatures are the Uvudauum and Neh-Thalggu which seem to share planar origins with the underground dwelling aberrations called the Cloaker.
"Cults of Madness" says:
wrote:Tharizdun is said to have the same origins as The Nine Tongued Worm, Maak Thuum Ngatha, and both are said to be venerated by creatures called Uvudauum.
"Memories if an Aberration Hunter" says:
wrote:Unlike the 'Collectors of Brains' the Uvudauum seems to be immune or resistant to the usually excellent working Invoke the Cerulean Sign spell.
And later in the book:
wrote:The creature was among us- a ripple in the air and it stood there and this is where my mind stopped working correctly.

Tamara, our trapspringer, whirled around to slash Ulvin's belly, his guts spilling all over the ground.

"Uvudauum!!" cried Nobalis, our spellblade, and he fired a barrage of spells at the creature but the wounds kept healing and it just stood there, mocking us with its mere presence.
Tamara started to decorate herself with the dwarf's entrails, giggling and cackling as the creature did something to the mage- I do not know what but the result was a mass of mangled, pulsating flesh. Then it touched me with its finger and my mind went completely blank.

I do not know what exactly happened, it all seemed like a bad dream but the mutilated corpses of my companions I found later showed me that it was the harsh reality.

I heardthe thing that was Nobalis lived for anouther three days and they found Tamara, with her eyes gouged out and suffocated on her own tongue.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

After several days away Caterina returns to her office. This time she has an umbrella with her and snow on her boots. She sets the umbrella down and using a cantrip she begins boiling some water for a cup of tea. She waters the lilly that sits on a pot on her desk once more and sits down to write a letter.
wrote:
Administrator 1 Secuna

I have investigated the matter you have asked me to look into.  Each of the anomalies was caused by an encroachment of the far realm upon our multiverse.  The cause of each was a weakening of the multiverse's laws.  In each instance by strengthening and reapplying those laws it was possible to close the rifts and maintain the natural order of our multiverse.

Regards Caterina Arnders
Administrator A3
Civil Judge.