Request For A Warrant

*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Sent to the director of Bureaus of Courts, B2 Jamis
wrote: My Lady,

I hereby request a warrant to search the Temple of the Abyss, all the possessions and creatures present there.

We recently suceeded in securing  a valuable witness and a suspect (please see apendices I to III) but as we suspect that the temple's High Priest himself is involved in this matter we think a more thorough search will be necessary.

Tensions rise high in Sigil and we suspect the temple plays its part in it, using the resulting chaos for its own ends. We also suspect that Mauric will be supported by the Cult of Malcanthet, perhaps using their safehouses and ressources to aid on his flight.

Also the High Priests role in this matter is highly suspect and we expect one of his agents trying to strike out to silence our witness and suspects soon do I fear time might be crucial.

Hasclaan Guunt, Aide.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

A reply arrives
wrote:
Aide Guunt

Whilst it has long being the opinion of many in The Fraternity that the temple is a hazard to Sigil's order and our factions own goals it has come to my attention that a warrant for search and seizure was recently passed against the temple.  Given the recent execution of said warrant legal precedent would require new evidence to come to light in order for a new warrant to be issued.

May Oghma light your way

Bureau Chief Jamis
Ad Hoc Bureau of courts.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

After reading the answer he files it correctly and in the next break he has he gets humself a cup of coffee and several books about the laws concerning Hardhead emergency procedures.

He reads through them thoroughly, looking for a loophole that would allow the Harmonium to investigate even without a warrant- and if it is just for limited time.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Another letter sent to B2 Jamis:
wrote: My Lady,

as there are still tensions between the Harmonium and Mercykillers on one side and the Doomguard on the other side I was searching for a way to cease hostilities that all involved parties would find agreeable.

Both the Hardheads and the Mercykillers have lost personnel and ressources in this conflict and emotions are flaring high. The Doomguards are in a similar position, Harmonium interdiction having put quite some pressure on them.

As more and more evidence shows an involvement of the Temple of the Abyss in this matter I suggest to use an operation against them to neutralize the source of this conflict, deal a blow to the forces of Chaos in the City and also allow the Harmonium, Mercykillers and Doomguards to achieve a victory to ease their minds and prevent a loss of face in general public.

As for the fugitive Mauric Asteroth I was able to contact Doomlord Yanek and he is willing to support us but of course he is worried about the well being of his fellow factioneer. For his assistance he asks us to guarantee the survival and freedom of said fugitive.

As there is evidence that indicates the temple's involvement in both cases of violence (see appendices A and B) it should be possible to achieve a lighter sentence for him by proving that Mauric was either set up or blackmailed or acted in self defence.

Of course I am no judge nor am I a lawyer so I will leave the exact ways to those more experienced in this matter.

Hasclaan Guunt, Aide
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Again Hasclaan receives a timely reply.
wrote:
You are correct that the Temple of the Abyss would make a desireable target.  However they are well versed in avoiding the reach of the law.  To that end I am promoting you to administrator grade ten and charging you with building a water tight case against the temple.  Based upon what you submit we will consider our course of action.

May Oghma light your way

Bureau Chief Jamis
Ad Hoc Bureau of courts.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Bureau Chief Jamis,

I was offered an unique opportunity by Doomlord Yanek but of course I have not the authority to accept a deal like this.

Still I suggest to accept as we will be able to use Mauric Ashterot as a witness against the temple which is offering us much needed opportunities.

With this letter I also forward the original messeage I got.

Hasclaan Guunt, A10
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Hasclaan receives a reply.
wrote:
Administrator Guunt.

Whilst this is not something the other Factions in the Triad will like the cause of law is better served by  removing the temple as opposed to one Sinker.  The immunity is granted on the conditions of: Mauric's full cooperation in both the investigation and any aspect of the arrest.  It is also conditional on Noshrano's conviction.  Should any of these conditions fail to be met Mister Ashterot's immunity will be revoked.  Further more any information you can uncover on  Yanek would be of use for the future.

May Oghma light your way

Bureau Chief Jamis
Ad Hoc Bureau of courts.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Bureau Chief Jamis,

we suceeded in our task, Nostheroth of the Umber scales has been removed from power.

He died resisting arrest in Undersigil, struck down by necromancy- an attempt to raise him ( by Justicar Charae of the Mercykillers) failed. The corpse is to be destroyed and is currently in the possession of the Mercykillers. Cooperation between the Triad members were good, everything went smoothly.

Mauric Ashteroth cooperated with us and by doing so was fulfilling all conditions of the deal offered to him.

I suggest to watch the temple closely, perhaps there will be an opportunity for us to plant a spy among their ranks during these times of internal turmoil and chaos.

Hasclaan Guunt, A10.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

A reply is sent.
wrote:
Administrator

I had feared that this would be the case. Although it would have been desirable to have seen Nostheroth bought to justice under the full force of the law this has at least seen a powerful agent of chaos eliminated.  I understand your input into this operation was important and demonstrates your ablity to use the law to direct the forces of The Triad.  I am pleased to offer you a promotion to the ran of Administrator grade 8

May Oghma Light your Steps.

Bureau Chief Jamis
Ad Hoc Bureau of courts.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

After folding up and filing the letter Hasclaan will prepare himself then take the tests and exams necessary for him to assume his new rank.