A Check Of Records

*StarSight

Posted by *StarSight »

///Post deleted pending OOC clarifications
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Verdant's enquiries would be met with a simple written response.
wrote:
Mr Waves

The Fraternity does not release, the accounts, records or private details of private citizens to members of the public.

Regards
Caterina Arnder
Administrator A3
Civil Judge
Enclosed with the letter Verdant would find any fee he had offered returned in full.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Midnight,Sep 22 2013 wrote: Verdant's enquiries would be met with a simple written response.
wrote:
Mr Waves

The Fraternity does not release, the accounts, records or private details of private citizens to members of the public.

Regards
Caterina Arnder
Administrator A3
Civil Judge
Enclosed with the letter Verdant would find any fee he had offered returned in full.
///I've always played it that Slaves, much like registered animals, would be documented and open to public searches (in the archives) should the proper fees be paid. They are a lawfully licenced (and registered) possession and basic information on who owns them would not be deemed private for those willing to pay for searches. Only more personal information such as addresses and such would be blacked out. Basic registration information is always accessible for the right price. Much like liquor licenses, business permits, horses, livestock, hounds, etc.
*StarSight

Posted by *StarSight »

Darkrob,Sep 22 2013 wrote: ///I've always played it that Slaves, much like registered animals, would be documented and open to public searches (in the archives) should the proper fees be paid. They are a lawfully licenced (and registered) possession and basic information on who owns them would not be deemed private for those willing to pay for searches. Only more personal information such as addresses and such would be blacked out. Basic registration information is always accessible for the right price. Much like liquor licenses, business permits, horses, livestock, hounds, etc.
///Which is how it was explained to me earlier, so I am left a bit confused and upset at the sudden retcon.
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

//To go with the liquor license example I think it would be easy to find out if someone had a permit to own slaves but a private citizen couldn't just go to the government pay a fee and demand to know all of the property (because that is what slaves are) of another individual. Even tax agencies and law enforcment need a warrant for that kind if thing.

Added to the fact that the details that are being enquired after are currently involved in an investigation that may well go to court it would be even more difficult.

Please do not take ooc offence for what is intended as a perfectly reasonable IC response.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

///Sounds reasonable about requiring warrants for specific details (hence the reason I'm not a RL lawyer :P )... so my advice would be to pay a higher fee (bribe) to the right Fraternity clerk to get the info instead. A simple matter in a city rife with corruption :)
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

//The records wouldn't be available to Verdant or any private citizen as it is Charae's private property. It'd be like asking how many houses someone owns, what their address is, what assets they have, or what services they pay for. Agencies won't even disclose someone's cell phone number to someone who asks for it without proof that they are allowed to know. It requires warrants for things like that, which require a judge's approval. One of the many lines of red tape our friendly law enforcement agents have to overcome when conducting investigations (and warrants always need probable cause with tangible proof). If Charae finds out that someone is unlawfully sticking their nose into her private property, a lawsuit will promptly follow. :P
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

///one could still do this easy enough ((so my advice would be to pay a higher fee (bribe) to the right Fraternity clerk to get the info instead. A simple matter in a city rife with corruption )).

Although what they'd do with it might be tricky.
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

DarkArc,Sep 22 2013 wrote: //. It'd be like asking how many houses someone owns, what their address is, what assets they have, or what services they pay for.
///in regard of houses the hall of information in sigil actually has the land registry bureau which can provide a list of sigil's landonwers along a list of their properties. but it is also written that information may not be distributed without landonwer's written permission.
again, bribes, garnishes, are a way to get what is not supposed to be acquired//

///that said, we all come from different countries whose rules may differ, and i'm not learned on such kinda subject anyway, so go figure what to apply in a PW reasonably easily *shrug*
what if i said in italy everyone is guilty until proven otherwise in regard of evading taxes? so that one may be forced not to spend in a year more than what he declared he earned during the same? this mean , like, his parents giving him money to buy a car might get him in troubles if said car costs more than the profit he declared, because, it *surely* means he declared less, instead of SIMPLY getting money from HIS parents ;) . aproximative explanation, but i know it happens///
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Er_Nano_Infame,Sep 23 2013 wrote: that information may not be distributed without landonwer's written permission.
//I believe my point stands.