License And Registration For Slave Purchase

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

"Clearly." Charae squeezed her way by the door and jumped forward and caught a stack of papers before they fell over. "I don't envy you, Cat. I'll be beginning my interrogation of the prisoners soon. That's not exactly the most glamorous side either, but far less paperwork."

The dark elf glanced around the office. "Sights like these convince me that I selected the right branch of the triad to join."
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She smiles wryly.

"Perhaps you did politics and paperwork can be like pulling teeth. Speaking if which the two you are questioning we need them in one piece and unharmed... More or less until after we prosecute them for the forgeries. At which point they become prisoners and you may legally do as you please. Of course they don't have to be aware of this."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

"Oh they'll be fine." Charae grinned. "No loss of life, limb, or eyesight. I won't be sawing off their arms if you are worried about that. I'm much more careful."

The dark elf glanced at one of the stacks of papers curiously before going to Cat's side of the desk, carefully reaching out to greet the large bat. "So, your lunch hour coming up? Or are you skipping that today?"
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

The creature sniffs at her hand and deciding she is not a threat or a source of food duly ignores her.

"Nothing that would endanger a successful prosecution. Law and due course must be followed. As for lunch I don't know about an hour but perhaps my eyes could do with a rest."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae gently scratched the bat's head with her delicate fingers. "If Ilythiiri are one thing, we can be quite subtle. You needn't worry about any of that."

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae returned some time later, filing paperwork to free Kanima from servitude and instead assign her as an employee under her home with a fixed salary.

A few days later, Charae comes back with another set of paperwork to file for a new license for a new slave. She filled out the rest of the paperwork, picked up the new license and collar, and proceeded out of the Fraternity after stopping by Caterina's desk to say hello.