Letter Of Proposal

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

wrote: To Harmonium Officials,

In recent days, fellow Sigilians have been the victim of the razorvine overgrowth despite the efforts of organizations to prevent it. Injury and death to many citizens is becoming a problem and someone must be punished for it. It is no coincidence that this overgrowth is happening. Many of us among the Red Death believe this is a deliberate attempt to disrupt the harmony of Sigil.

The anarchists are using this to take pot shots at our cleaning crews. Berks are turning vines invisible and causing more unsuspecting Sigilians to be caught in the deadly snare. Bleakers, well, are bleakers.

I propose our two organizations convene with the Guvners and write up a law stating any tampering with the razorvine other than the removal of it is illegal and punishable. I also propose a bounty of 50,000 jink  for information that leads to the capture of the person(s) responsible for the growth be nailed on walls all across the affected areas. I would suggest to get the Indeps cooperation in this matter as it is also disrupting the trade within the bazaar.

I can fund the bounty either out of my own coffers or speak with the merchants of the bazaar, whose business is disrupted by the overgrowth.

I will await your response.

Charae
Factotum, Mercykillers
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

///up to now it is mainly just assumption by non-xaos that to turn vines invisible are some chaosmen, though is sure true at least partially, just to clarify.

also, why you mentioned bleakers?//
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Er_Nano_Infame,May 8 2013 wrote: //also, why you mentioned bleakers?//
///It's just a part of normal Faction RP. Everyone is to blame. Take it in stride ;)
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

//Whoops! Sorry. Will Fix. :)
*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Measure One Cryptbane makes it known that he thinks this is a good idea, stating that this vine seems to have no end and no beginning and poses, right now a nusiance but if it keeps getting out of hand could pose a great threat to Sigils Harmony.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

wrote: Fraternity Of Order,

In cooperation with the Harmonium and in light of the recent overgrowth of razorvine, I am requesting your illustrious order draft up a law stating that any and all person(s) caught tampering with razorvine with the exception of the removal of it should be charged as if committing an Indictable Offense and be punished in accordance with the law.

I would also like to propose a bounty of 50,000 jink be rewarded among all who lend information leading to the arrest of the person(s) responsible for the overgrowth. The bounty can be paid out of my own coffers or from the collective effort of merchants and other beneficiaries.

Please inform me of your decision on this matter.

Respectfully,
Charae
Factotum, Mercykillers
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A reply is sent
wrote:Factotum Charae

My department would be happy to help you draft a law in regards to the Razorvine and possible penalties that would go along with it.

Please bear this in mind as the drafts are created. The Fraternity does not pass law within Sigil. We can draft it, as you have requested, but the final debate and decision on such matters is the realm of the Council of Sigil. Only they can bring it into the legal realm to be enforced. Sometimes this takes time unless it is one that benefits the majority of Factions.

With that in mind, I'll forward your request to Administrator Arnders so that she may work closely with you and the Harmonium to ensure it is done properly and quickly.

A4 Seph
Fraternity Civil Judge

Sent to Caterina with a copy of the two letters above

wrote:Administrator Arnders

Please speak with Factotum Charae in regards to this request. Please ensure the law is drafted to encompass as many of the voting factions as possible so that it may pass quickly.

A4 Seph
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

Caterina would receive the letter and first she would send a short internal memo to Garen.

wrote:
A4 Seph.

I will begin drafting a proposal for the new law.  Before I submit it through the Fraternity to the hall of speakers I will send a draft to you for approval first as input from someone of your experiences on the matter would be most helpful.
Administrator A8
Caterina Arnders
Interfactional Affairs
[/i]

Then she would head down to the library of the city courts and take out two books. The first would be a very short pamphlet the second is a much weightier leather bound tome. They would be enclosed in a parcel along with a letter that is sent to the prison.

wrote:
Factourm Charare

As I am told you have already been made aware the Fraternity does not pass laws this is done by the council of Factols. I have enclosed a pamphlet on Sigil’s legal process to read at your leisure.  Indeed  the prevalent school of thought in the Fraternity on such matters is that laws are not made at all but discovered.  Factol Hashkar’s A Treatise on Rules, Laws and Axioms  contains some very enlightening theories on the subject and you will find a copy of that enclosed as well. 

With regards the current situation such a law can be proposed but such will take time.  Expect an initial draft in due course.  In the meant time if I may offer some advice.  The damage caused by the razorvine is damage to public property and disruption of the peace.  Should it be proved that there are people contributing to this, even wilfully or through negligence then they  not only can but should be held to account with the full force of the law and you can expect the full support of the Fraternity of Order in apprehending them and executing your duty.
Administrator A8
Caterina Arnders
Interfactional Affairs
Then she would find herself a blank piece of vellum and begin work. There were laws to be drafted and she may never get such an opportunity again. [/i]
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

wrote: Administrator Arnders,

I would like to thank you for your swift reply and clarifying Sigil's legislative process. I will take your advice into this matter and await to hear back. In the meantime, the Red Death will continue assisting with clearing the razorvine and seeking out those responsible for its growth or tampering of it so that Justice may be served.

Charae
Factotum, Mercykillers