The Happy Faces Act

*DaShi

Posted by *DaShi »

Factol Hashkar,

I write to you to express my dismay at our current situation. Why several weeks have gone by without a single new law passed. True, we have all been busy with the rifts and the new leadership in the Harmonium, but we shouldn't let such things distract us from our duties. Thus, I am proposing a new rule to initiate immediately in Sigil:

Dress Code 01-224:

Article: X89: The Happy Faces Act

In order to promote a more friendly atmosphere among Sigil citizens the following writ is put into effect: Any helmet, mask, or clothing that covers more than fifty percent of one's face is not permitted in the Bazaar or the Lady's Ward. Harmonium officers are instructed to treat such apparel the same as if the citizen were brandishing weapons.

I do hope that this act will be passed soon and will help promote a more orderly and harmonious Sigil.

Signed,

Serina Aerlin, Rank A1 Administrator
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

A response arrives from Factol Hashkar

To: Serina Aerlin, Rank A Administrator

Indeed, you make an excellent suggestion, although, i must say i do not like the undertone of criticism your missive contained. Do not presume we have been idle during recent times, far from it!

However, your recommendation certainly bears further consideration. A note of commendation has been added to your file.

As a follow up to this, and before we see about implementing it, i would ask you to spend some time in the areas you mention, and make a study of how many people are going with covered faces and the percentage of coverage. Such a study will help firm up our decision and the presentation of the new law to the Harmonium.

With all due respect

Signed: Factol Hashkar
*DaShi

Posted by *DaShi »

Factol Hashkar,

I apologize. I meant no ill respect. Consider it only my overeagerness to see Sigil become a more orderly place. As for your request for more data, I assure you that I considered that well before drafting the bill I submitted. My results found that at most only one-third of the bazaar inhabitants keep their faces covered. Thus, we won't be infringing on too many citizens, while ensuring greater order to Sigil. I'm sure I needn't remind you of the numerous case reports about unidentified suspects harming others. They are unidentified because they wore a mask or a hood. Thus, this Act will help reduce unlawfulness by making them think twice about acting in public when all of Sigil can see who they are.

Signed,

Serina Aerlin, Rank A1 Administrator