to the guvners offices!

*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

jall goes at the guvners offices and ask if and how is possible to become an actual and official, registered, or whatever, citizen of sigil and what such require and ask from her in return, if any particular duty usual unofficial citizens of sigil don't have to submit to. Also, sidelong, ask about proper certifications, licenses, for trading, if any is required, how much they'd cost, what benefits or whatever, how much takers can ''bother'' even by having such. she needs to be instructed well, pratically. hopes for a exhaustive explanation.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

((Someone better at lore can correct me here))

Jall is informed that there is no official citizenship for most people. Having residence and no outstanding criminal record is usually enough to be recognized as a citizen in the eyes of the law. After all, this is the city of doors, the last time the Guvners tried to take a census, they registered many citizens several times, a large part of the Hive Ward went unaccounted for (along with the luckless Guvners who were sent in to perform the census), and many who were registered were never seen again.

As for trading license, Jall should go to the Fated.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

((Oh they do attempt to register everything, whether successful or not. If for nothing else, Fated loves those for taxation purposes. Walking in Hive isn't really death sentence either ;) it's slums certainly and far lesser official activity, but most residents also knows not to pick on people like Harmonium, Guvners or Mercykillers unless they can get away with it since if it came to war... those three are organized and trained while Hive is just a mess.))
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

((Sigil has a passport format, known as Sigil Municipal Code. Stuff in that pasport goes as follows:

Name:
Race:
Adress:
*Er_Nano_Infame

((and what this municipal code is/does/means? (and what i shall write in ''address'' entry? where she sleeps? i mean, she has no land lot or house of her property in sigil yet)
and getting trading license from the fated...what it means/brings, exactly? what's the difference between trading with such license and trading in the usual way most people do in bazaar (put down sign and start dealing without even wondering about fated and licenses)? ))
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

((As per Factols Manifesto, the Sigils Municipal Code is actually the lawbook that's referred as "City Code" of Sigil, so it's not passport. Something which concerns the Harmonium and Fraternity of Order more so than others.

Official documentation would probably have several fancy names and might varie from faction to faction and those not part of factions would likely find themselves in Fated documentation. Those entries are probably quite standard though that should fit to just about any factions purposes... address entry would be location of their residence be it rented room or whatever place they live in or mailing address if they keep living with different peoples houses.

Trading license means no fines will be given for lack of it when busted. No license and one is easily subject to fines or even lawsuit.))
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

((My bad...as for the ID, here ya go:
http://www.planewalker.com/sites/www.pl ... gil_ID.pdf
*Er_Nano_Infame

Reptiller,May 10 2012 wrote: ((My bad...as for the ID, here ya go:
((so where jall get this piece o' paper? hall of records, as is written in it? anyway, she would look to get it))
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Er_Nano_Infame,May 10 2012 wrote:
Reptiller,May 10 2012 wrote: ((My bad...as for the ID, here ya go:
((so where jall get this piece o' paper? hall of records, as is written in it? anyway, she would look to get it))
((Hall of Records is fine))
*Er_Nano_Infame

and so jall go get this id chart at halls of records...