A communication to B1 Thawnbrew

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A short note is sent to B1 Thawnbrew

B1 Thawnbrew

I officially request permission to take full Fraternity authority over the project you have begun in regards to the UnderSigil patrol unit. It is my belief that I can reorganize the unit under a slightly different agenda... but one that still intends to strike at the heart of criminal activity in UnderSigil village.

Please consider my request and return word at your pleasure.

A9 Garen Seph
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

A response is penned:

Adminstrator Seph,

Your suggestion is of interest, although I would need more details before I could approve such a move. Indeed, the existing group has proven to be of limited success, so a reorganization may be of use.

Assuming we appoint you as coordinator for this group, there is a side issue that could bear investigating. Since it was formed, petty crime has been reduced in the area. Actually, suspiciously low. Its like a lot of petty criminals have simply disppeared. The population, as far as we can determine, has also somewhat reduced. The chant is that something walks the streets at night, a demon or something perhaps, or a malovlent spirit, killing those who keep unsociable hours and spiriting away their bodies.

I await further details of your plans.

B1 Thawnbrew
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

B1 Thornbrew

Permit me to explain the direction I envision this to take.

At the moment we have Harmonium patrols almost everywhere. They maintain the peace and they enforce order in “visual situations” as required. What I mean by visual situations is if they see a crime or some form of disorder, they react and correct the situation. While effective to maintaining peace, it does little to remove the more serious threats to law and order… the powerful criminal elements that operate far from sight.

What I propose is to take this group, using UnderSigil as a testing ground, and turn it into more of a taskforce. A unit designed to locate and target specific criminal elements in an effort to dismantle them. Groups such as the Syndicate, the Cartel, The Lynchmen, RoyÂ’s Marauders and the myriad of other local criminal groups of the under village.

The unit would be comprised of the entire Triad of Order. We would request officers from the Harmonium, the Mercykillers and the Fraternity. The unit would be responsible for gathering intelligence from informants, infiltrating groups, undermining criminal activity and eventual raid and arrest of groups and properties. The group would coordinate with local law enforcement units to ensure pertinent information is shared in an effort to make everyoneÂ’s jobs easier.

I imagine such a group, in their initial investigations, would surmise the cause of the disappearances occurring as of now, as well.

This cooperation between our lawful factions would permit us to use the resources of all three, thus increasing the likelihood of success and reducing the chances of overstepping the law ourselves as we would be able to see the lawful view of all three factions right away with little need to send for permissions and await responses in situations requiring haste.

If permitted to begin the set up of such a unit, I would immediately set up correspondence with the other two factions to see if they would be willing to partner up and assign professional individuals to make this happen.

Please respond at your leisure.

A9 Seph
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

Administrator Garen,

You suggestion seems sound. You have permission to approach the other two factions. I believe Officer Chari can be your primary contact in the Harmonium. For the Mercykillers I am not sure, perhaps direct to Arwyn Swan's Song would be your best starting point.