Death of an Advocate

riptidereflections

Posted by riptidereflections »

The lifeless body of nineteen-turn-old khayali administrator A7 Crake is found in his office in the Courts. A fraternity spokesman says that he "stabbed himself in the heart." There is no suicide note or known motive.

((Thanks to everyone who participated in Crake's story. It was a good time. xoxox))
Slayer of Love

Posted by Slayer of Love »

' "Impossible" I concur when the news reach me, and nonetheless I set without delay for the city court to see what this is about myself. There I will press, argue, disguise, bribe, produce illusions, control minds, force and abuse and I will be relentless until I am satisfied. And when finally I get to see him lying lifeless, broken, pathetic on the city court's marbles, there is no barrier or soul that would stop me from getting to him, whom not so long ago we drank upon the throne of giants, who danced on ice with such vibrant energy and magnetic harmony, who looked at me like - "No!" I thunder as I dart for his unmoving body, and am past the two movers minding the scene before perplexed they even realise that just happened, and I am touching the cold congregation of matter that not so long housed him. "No, no this can't be! .... Why....?!" I bellow like a wounded animal. Why? I ask myself. I ask him. I ask all cogs of the Great Circle. But there is no answer. He was so cute when he was embarassed, especially then; I never had the chance to tell him he didn't have to, for my only hope was to make him happy. "Fool! Stupid, stupid fool!" I shriek beating my fists on his chest, shaking it in desperation to wake him up, pathetically stupid, and I see thick, black tar dripping on his chest; pools of it gather in my eyes so swiftly that I cannot see through their sulphurous murkiness. Oh, he would have a laugh now, watching me, citing what mouth I had to downtalk him for losing composure in public. We had such a petty fight, and I gave him a cold shoulder when we parted. When he gave me such a unique treatment, when he gave himself entirely, I gave him a cold shoulder over some petty, dumb thing, just to make him think, just to show something and now, it is the last time we'll ever see each other. "ACCURSED, VAIN, UNGRATEFUL WHORE!" I wail enraged at no one but myself, without holding my true voice back; so soaking of sheer anger is this sonorous lament that it unleashes a kinetic wave shattering at once all windows and glass in the room. The guards come at me, they try to stop me, but I care not for them. It is I who caused this, it is I who is to blame for this. And the knife in his heart, oh how ironically fitting. It is I who drove it, it must be. It is because of me you did.. this...? "I hate you! I hate you! How could you..?!" The hardheads, they lay their hands on me as I lament, but they are akin to mice stepping in midst of a thundering cyclone to try stop it with its laughable mass; they are tossed aside in a brilliant explosion that takes a few chairs, desks and cupboards, as well as a section of a wall. "She's purest, warmest, most beautiful at its dawn. It's a thing to cherish the most. Simply... perfect..." I mumble to the stunned hardheads as I leave the room sobbing, I see that they have no slightest clue of things I beheld; blind of how fleeting a miracle shimmered briefly like a falling star shimmers on the night sky. My hand trembles as I write down a cheque named on Fraternity to cover the damage, and as I leave it on the reception, on my way out. Anger? There are those who think they saw me angry; they are wrong. But some will now. '

Later that cycle there are accounts of unusual phenomena in the planes; there is chant of violent avalanches scouring the frozen vistas of the Paraelemental Ice, tremors and earthquakes, and the lizards and giants speak of a deafening, powerful echo of awesome and terrifying hymns sung by heavenly hosts, which can only be described as a very embodiment of divine wrath, harbinging the coming of an apocalypse. There are immense lightning storms in Mechanus, and they come with unforgiving, torrential rains of sulphur that damage the land. There are frightful tales from the Plane of Shadow, that a blinding, mystic brilliance appeared in there, and a vengeful angel came of it, razing a number of minor khayali settlements; and then there came fiends, dragging the survivors into Hell, and torturing them viciously into revealing only one thing - the birthing places of their race.