Of Licenses and Missunderstandings

Miyuki

Posted by Miyuki »

A small figure enters the Hall, with silver white hair and robes. With a kind asking smiles she adresses the nex best person that is free and does not look like the one she walked into before. She introduces and explains friendly.

"Hail! I call myself Sileas. I asked one of you to for two Licences and permits that come with it. But i fear there was some language barrier between this person and and me, wich would lead to a few mussunderstandings. Without having been asked i only got a temporary permit. It will do for now, but three months is merely a blink in the eye of someone like me." The Bralani presents a stack of permits and points at the badge number of Kwham. It also shows her full name - Sileas Snowsong. "I also got a few permits i never asked for, instead i didn't get all the permits i need to work properly in Sigil. To prevent missunderstandings i would like to be helped by another person this time. I hope i myself can be clearer now. If there's any questions, please feel free to ask."

Then she would try to explain in all kindness and patience, what she needs and offers a previously written list.

"Herewith i ask for the following Licenses in permanent version or for at least a way longer span of time."
Healer's License for practising as a healer freely:
  • mundane healing of phyiscal wounds, poisons, diseases and other afflictions
  • treating mental diseases and afflictions
  • use of divine and bardic magic.

Merchant's License for:
  • selling all kinds of wares like equipment, trinkets, scrolls and potions.
  • offering bardic and divine services, including crafting and enchantments.
  • advertising events, wares and services with signs, posters and flyers.
With that she would wait for answer of the person who my be able the help. "Can you help me with this, please?"

((OOC: I know i was told not to worry. No meaning to offend anyone. Just trying to explain my situation, in peace.

First off, just i do what my character would do here. I have a hard time to meet a Fated player in game but i'm able to schedule something within given time frame.
Secondly i'm a EU player with a strict RL that doesn't allow me to play as many hours as others have. So in the few time i have i just plan to do some relaxed RP and short events to bring some fun to others in a way it's fun for me, too. But i don't want to bother with having to rp about possible fines and ongoing newly invented permits for every little bagatelle half of my limited playtime.
Third, i have the problem, i'm a not native english speaking player. So please try not to punish my charcater if the English of the player should be not perfectly clear. Feel free to ask, i don't bite and i'm online in discord fairly often. I will gladly answer there as soon as i see the message. ;)

Writing is post alone took me 1,5 hours of three i had this time. Thanks for your understanding. :) ))
Jules

Posted by Jules »

OOC: This post should go in Fated ;)

Indeed on the previous cycle, Khwam's shady figure stopped by the Hall of Records to register a series of permits in Sileas' name:

- Permit to cure barminess
- Permit to massage bodies
- Permit to heal the sick and wounded
- Permit to open outdoor shop - bardic wares and services
- Permit to operate outdoor shop - bardic wares and services
- Permit to open outdoor shop - divine wares and services
- Permit to operate outdoor shop - divine wares and services
- Permit to wear imported fabrics (notably cotton)

On the pile of permits, an explanatory note casually explains in few words that the holder of these permits :
- paid a premium for them to be written in big letters so Takers with sight problems would be able to read them
- paid the "fast-processing fee"
- did not ask or refused an Out for Lunch permit, a Sign Advertisement permit, a risque garb permit to attract customers and a permit to sell other wares.

The three months validity period before renewal has been stamped on each of the permits.

OOC: Trust me, there's no way Taker audits can take half of your time. In 8 months, only one Taker audited Jules' permit. It can be really quick if you just pay the tiny fine. On another hand, no one can really guarantee you won't find a Taker who'll invent a permit just for you. Save for wearing imported cotton! You're already covered! :mrgreen:
Miyuki

Posted by Miyuki »

((Oh yes, i misplaced it. So please put it into the Fates subforum.

But the rest, i rather want to be sure,the rest won't happen. Trust me, ther IS a way if your time is as limited as mine. ;) What's fun and harmless for you, doesn't mean it's also for me.))
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Factotum Glibensmorick, a right and proper gnome with a number of warts per years of his considerably long life, had the pleasure this day of reviewing both Sileas's request, and the previous paperwork by Khwam. His mannerisms suggested that everyone really ought to be paying him for daring to take up the time it took to recognize their existence.

After a while of rewviewing the initial permits, and Sileas's new request, he'd look over at the bard and sneer.

"Ya want tha' garb thing too, an tha out-ta-lunch- part? " He asks as he points at the clarifications noted by Khwam, namely the part about risque garb and the "out to lunch" sign. "It'll cost a little extra."

Before she could answer, he'd dump a series of forms on her side of the table. "Fill 'em all out, tick 'em boxes tha ya wan'. Pay upfront, only Sigilian currency. No damn xaos coins!"
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Miyuki

Posted by Miyuki »

Of couse she filled all that was asked, paid upfront in Sigil coins and nods.

"I don't need the garb and the out-to lunch part. As long as the rest is a ccording to the request i brought today, it should be correct. Most important for me would be, can the Linceses be permanent?"
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Even after the papers are signed, it seems to take a long while to process the papers. Between the aging gnomes slow movements and his attitude in general, Sileas might start to wonder if a wooden block might not have been the quicker thing to consult.

Regardless, she is eventually given papers, certifying her new request, along with her previous license for three months as notarized by Khwam.

Be it known that Sileas Snowsong appeared before Factotum Glibensmorick Gibblefeet of the Fated, who with the authority vested by the City of Sigil unto all clerks men and women of the Hall of Records, has thus granted the named individual with the following licenses:

1. Healer's License for practising as a healer, which will include the following related services:
  • mundane healing of phyiscal wounds, poisons, diseases and other afflictions
  • treating mental diseases and afflictions
  • use of divine and bardic magic.

Merchant's License for the named individual to offer and engage in the following services:
  • selling all kinds of wares like equipment, trinkets, scrolls and potions.
  • offering bardic and divine services, including crafting and enchantments.
  • advertising events, wares and services with signs, posters and flyers.
All listed licenses are subject to be practiced within the legal municipal of the city of Sigil.

All noted licenses will be in effect for a measure of 365 cycles per the reckoning of the Haskaran Calendar, the cycle of which shall begin on 4th Guild of Tithing, 137 HA, and end on 4th Guild of Tithing, 138 HA. The individual known and signed herein as SIleas Snowswong may renew the noted licenses by returning to the Hall of Records and presenting a Renewal Request, which will be granted (pending either legal mandate by an officer of the Triad per the laws of Sigil) or other issue noted by a clerk of the Hall of Records, at a cost of 1,200 Sigilian Jink. Renewel reuqests must be initiated no sooner than 12st Lady of Tithing, 138 HA , be processed no later than 4th Guild of Tithing, 138 HA. Processing times may vary from one week to two weeks."

"Yer perpetual licenses be a year long matter. Dun' ferget ta renew it next year by tha date."
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Miyuki

Posted by Miyuki »

She accepted and paid. "Thank you for the effortts, I will do so."