Harmonium

*Captain Vanguard

Posted by *Captain Vanguard »

A somewhat emergancy report from Notary Amaku:

Despite the fact I am off duty I felt I had to report this immediatley.
I was recently talked to by a woman named Danielle, who claims to be a direct assistant to The Ashen, she is currently a Doomguard seeking to free herself from her bonds in their ranks.

I have placed her under special care, as her life may very well be in grave danger.
A young orphan girl I met accepted a thousand Jink from Ashen, in return, giving her the name of Danielle which she overheard while snooping around Muriel's tavern, the area I had met Danielle to discuss all the above.

In summary, Danielle's life is now in grave danger.

I have turned in the money that the orphan took.

Some of it is currently in the possession of a cook in the Hive, an armour salesman in the Bazaar and a drug dealer in Undersigil.

There was notably a thousand jink distributed, I do not know if It has magical properties or not.

I worry that Ashen has learned too much.

We should be prepaired, for anything.

It is imperative that Danielle survives, her involvement with Ashen is vital information towards the origins of the creature's actions towards others.
*ovarf

Posted by *ovarf »

My special skill set has been requested as a bodyguard hence I request some time off of patrol duty until the matter can be resolved. I will still be available for my other duties.
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

A Filed Report

Tomas was arrested today for assaulting an officer, which is myself. In addition he cast a spell, causing general mischief within Khazeet's bar.

I would like the record to show that he is being harrashed by an elf known as Lalette. She has threatened him, by his own words, that he will have to kill her or she will kill him.

At this point, i believe he attacked me so that he maybe placed under arrest. Also, he is allowed no visitors except for officers. He does not wish to harm Lalette, however i feel that she wishes him bodily harm. He is not to be allowed any visitors as per his request and i also ask that Lalette be barred from the premises and i ask that her actions be monitored closely. Tomas feels she will take his life if given the opportunity.

*signed Notary Chari*
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

*a note is left for Measure Cratten*

Ashen has escaped.. but i believe she was left loose by Azrael.. I am not sure.

I am not certain how guilty is he, but i left the two alone so that he may question her to gain more answers, as he should considerable skill in that area. However... when i returned, his sword was in her chest and she was.. dying.. almost dead. I attempted to use my medical skills to heal her, but once i bent down to tend to her wounds, a darkness covered us.. i was struck from behind and knocked unconsious. It was just the three of us in the room. And since Ashen was unconscious, i strongly suspect it was him that stuck me.

I awoke in the medical area, the guard on duty said he found me alone, bleeding from the back of my head.

Azrael is to be apprehended for questioning and arrest. We await your words Measure Cratten. Only you have the authority to declare a warrant for the arrest of a fellow Harmonium.
*Grisome

Posted by *Grisome »

After being found by a potential recruit, Luxon, Azrael was sent back to the barracks to recover from some life-draining, shadowy wounds. Once there, his own statement would have been given:
wrote:Officer Chari asked me to help her with an interrogation on the Ashen, which I agreed to. I asked to be left alone to get answers from her, as that's often how I work best during questioning.
After she left, though... I don't really remember a whole lot else. There was music, I think... something of entropy... quiet at first, then filling the silence. Filling her words. I couldn't say anything, couldn't hear anything else. I couldn't even see, or tell what I was doing. The single most strange experience of my life, by far.
It seemed like Chari had been gone for only a minute when I heard her yelling, and that was when I realized I had a kukri in The Ashen's chest. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm almost positive it was some sort of mind sway. I don't know how else to explain it...
We got inside the holding cell and both attempted to cure her. She wouldn't be any good to us dead, after all... there was a lot of information we needed from her.
It was at this point the body -- or, what I thought was a body, by this point -- errupted into a cloud of darkness. Chari fell and hit her head.
When the darkness cleared, the body was gone. I bolted out into the hall and informed the guard awaiting outside of the missing prisoner, and that Chari required medical assistance.
From there I left the barracks, still hearing that music. Trying to find her. If she'd been dead, I don't think I would have been hearing it anymore... right?
I found her, or... at least I think I did. She was talking, mocking. I felt myself being... shredded. The sensation of being torn apart, from the inside out. Drained by some foul shadow magic...
And then a potential recruit, who I'd been showing around earlier, found me in the water under the bridge, by the barracks. We located Officer Chari, who tended to my wounds, before I returned here to the barracks to give my statement. What I remember of it anyway...
It's all a little fuzzy...
*elementaldragon1988

Posted by *elementaldragon1988 »

* this report is tied to Azrael's report.*

My name is Luxon Arna.
I am one of the chosen fighters to Represent Heroneous.
Earlier today i found Officer Azrael who showed me the basic ropes of the barracks and told me a bit of basic Information.

From that point i took the liberty to stand on guard already even while not being an Harmonium since i see it as my duty to serve and protect when i can.
While I was standing on guard Chari showed a strange " Evil blade " to a couple others.
It almost seemed that she changed because of only carring it with her.

So i took the liberty to divine scry for Officer Azrael to get official help.
I found his energy near the Barracks so i ran over there.
That was when i found him heavely wounded in the river.
I used my divine power chaneled to my hands to close some of the wounds.
After that i took the Officer to find Chari who after a couple screams found us on the way to the bazaar.

She took care of the wounds in her way and said that it would be best for Azrael to write a statement but that I would have to do that.
Since im not official an harmonium i let Officer Azrael write his own statement but i was there to whitness the event.

When he was done i talked tyo him about what possibly happend and tried to calm him down a bit.
Afther a short talk we both headed to the bazaar where i resumed my guarding.

I would like to state that this all happened while not being an Harmonium yet i see it as my duty to serve and protect those who need my help.
I will also state that i can plea for this if it comes down on further questioning.

Signed

Luxon Arna
Divine chosen of Heroneous
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

A notice is put up to Cratten Errocs desk...

"I am currently out of Sigil in other assignments. Consult other Harmonium members in time being.

- Cratten Erroc
Mover One of Harmonium"
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

*Luxon Arna's superior officer recieves a letter of recommendation from Notary Chari, pointing out his viligance, wisdom as well as strength of character, as well as the question of possibility of promoting him*

Signed Notary Chari
*Reptiller

Posted by *Reptiller »

An official letter to Casandra, the Officer of Internal Affairs:
wrote:Officer Casandra,
I have to bring it to your attention that officer Luxon has dishonored the Harmonium. This day, after being slightly taunted by Sir Lorich, he asked a Pixie to cast a spell on the aforementioned person. It was a shrinking one, a harmless one but still it's unconsented and unlawful spellcasting instigated by a Harmonium member wearing the uniform and the badge. I am sending you the Guvner-notarized testimonies of the bystandres.

((All the testimonies, including Tarions, Minerva's, Khazeet's and Delicroix' indeed point at that. But they also mention that the officer was taunted but still, he instigated a crime on his own))
*Captain Vanguard

Posted by *Captain Vanguard »

A new letter arrives on Mover Crattens desk for when he returns:

I have returned from my trip to Stygia an enlightened character. My actions have lead me to more questions than answers of my personal life, however, my memory is restored and after the initial whiplash of the after effects, I believe I am more than ready for duty again.

However, this may be of your interest.

For a time now, Investigator Casandra has taken up initative in the Harmonium Barracks during your absense. I admire her actions and believe her initative towards her duty is highly recommendable for the current on duty Harmonium available.

On the other hand:

Every coin needs two sides and Casandra's actions have been as admirable as they have been imposing.

She has used her strong authoritive possition perhaps a bit too much so to take imposing measures upon her own order rather than the city itself.

It is my respect towards Casandra that commends her, but my respect that also has to look above it.

We have recieved several new Notaries aswell, one particular I advise strong observation towards:

As you may have read through the records by the time you've read this, Notary Azrael is subject to alot of questionable behaviour. Again, I present a balanced coin on the matter:

The Notary has an excelent potential to use his charms and wit to subdue the public passivly and retreive its respect with little effort, but his methods of dealing with practical matters can be a bit extreme.

A case I should present is the truth:

In order to reach Stygia one of the required tasks to gain access to its realm was to sacrifice an innocent life. It was a reluctant choice on my part that I did not wish to take, Officer Azrael however was not so hesitant, and quite swiftly made the decision to offer to bring a purchased slave legally to the event of the moment.

It is not so much what he did legally so much as what he did generally that I worry for the Harmonium in his company. Azrael is already suspected yet not prooven to have been involved with serious matters with The Ashen. I believe given his willingness to sacrifice an innocent life with quite a practiced tallent for killing, this only reinforces my paranoia that while he has the capacity to be a good offier, he also has the capacity to be a good killer.

Addindum:

Officer Chari has also been showing a twosided coin of good and ill scenerios:

On the up side:

Chari is the most morally virtuous of the Harmonium Squad that we have accustomed to. I have no doubt in my mind she is essential to the teams moral support and medical assistance.
Her ability to pacify a crowd with words alone is yet another reason for why we need her in the force... and in all honesty, I see her as much as a friend to me as a vital part of our factions family. Without Chari, the Harmonium would be a far darker faction, and far less respectable.

However:

Chari's gumption and impulse blinds her from acting on lawful behaviour at times. I have seen Chari even without the influence of Ashen's collar choose to ignore orders and disclose public information to the people of Sigil without consideration of the consequences. Chari however is harmless, but in need of firm discipline.

My conclusive report of Officer Nick is also as follows:

Officer Nick has been the bulkhead of the blunt and best method to achieve something that cannot be done with words. When diplomacy fails, I know we can count on Nick to use blunt reasoning and brute force to keep the city in check.
I respect Nick for his solid ability to act when others think. And his ability to achieve when others plan.
But Nick's ability to act is equally the reason his learning curve is in his absense of patience.

Nick also lacks compramise to situations which can make him come across as unreasonable and sometimes unrespectable. While he is bluntly honest, blunt honesty will not get us vital information from criminals if our only honesty is determining how quickly they will hang on a noose.

Nick also has a tendancy to be a bit too slow regarding the "bigger picture" of events. Often his actions have lead me to conclude he is a brilliant Harmonium officer when it comes to dealing with problems, but a poor Harmonium officer when it comes to taking time to think about method or motive behind events that could lead to the conclusive peice of evidence he often misses.

Despite this... all of the above are essential parts of the clockwork that makes the Harmonium what it is. Without Azrael's guile, Chari's mercy, and Nick's activity, we wouldnt have a Harmonium that was balanced.

As my memory has been restored so to have my lessons from you and I remember them well Mover Cratten:

We are a team, and if we dont work together, even with the differences we loathe on each others flaws, we will end up doing more damage than good for Sigil.

With that I believe my own conclusion of myself is as follows:

I would lie to say I have an excelent and flawless record, or that I was some destined prodigal for a medal for my work. Quite the contrary, I have been subject to a great deal of problems myself.

The woman you knew was possessed by an Eryines, using her body to subject her to some of the most degrading and corrupt actions she ever took. I feel in my own person, defiled, by what has happened to me and what I let, happen to me.

But with her influence gone I am just as flawed, emotional vulnrability has started to become a problem to me... I am... unused, to having this much freedom of choice. Either way, it is a comfort to know that for once it is my choice that will decide who I am here and now, which is why I sent this report to you, because I have decided to be honest.

Despite my flaws, my emotional difficulties and my prone tendancy to boil against the forces of chaos and their attempts to destroy the society we are trying so hard to create, I am passionate of the job I work towards. I would work hard for you and fight harder to proove that I have earned my place in this Faction, and more importantly, I would give you the truth even if the truth could be damaging.

We are an order dedicated to honesty, and if we cant even be honest with ourselves, Sigil will only suffer because of our actions.

Investigator Casandra may have been imposing of late. Her actions may even have been strong to my emotions. But they will not stop me from having nothing but respect for her, and the others who have worked their hindquaters to the bone to help Sigil through some of its most dire times.

My only concern is that a threat looms on the Horizon.... A cryptic warning Ashen gave right before her dissappearence:

A war is comming...

Ashen is bold to even dare such a thing in the domain of the Lady, but I cannot help but fear... her sincerety of truth was disturbing.

However, Ashen's words may just be another attempt to insight more paranoia into my already Vigil mind. Weather its true or not, I believe we should be prepaired more so now than ever.

...If something eventful is going to happen, then it is us who must be prepaired.

For who ever wants to start a war on Sigil, you can be sure, that we are the immovable object you placed your trust in.

We will stop what ever threat is lurking in the shadows.

We are the Harmonium.

And we will not, be moved.