Harmonium

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Harmonium (Hardheads)
Philosophy: Peace is our goal. But if it takes a little war to get others to set things right, the Harmonium way, so be it. ThatÂ’s how weÂ’ll reach our golden harmony.
Factol: Sarin.
Sigil HQ: City Barracks (The LadyÂ’s Ward).
Home Field: Arcadia.
Allies: Guvners, Mercykillers.
Enemies: Indeps, Revolutionary League, Xaositects.

Server Related Notes: Although Harmonium is keeping order in Sigil, they are NOT DMs little helpers, your task is NOT to punish players. It is your characters task however to keep order in Sigil. Some might ask, "What do we do then!?" answer is roleplay, just like the others.

WITHIN THE RANKS
    The Harmonium's a big faction. Besides several thousand members in Sigil and the 10.000 in Melodia, the Harmonium includes several thousand more elsewhere in Arcadia and a few thousand in the town of Fortitude - not to mention a whole prime world full 'em. That's a lot of people. A Hardhead seldom finds himself far away from a fellow Hardhead. [/li]
ROLEPLAYING THE HARMONIUM
    The Harmonium opens its doors to all who truly believe in the group's terms for universal peace. Members of any race and any profession can join, as long as they follow a lawful ethical code. [/li]
ALIGNMENT
    True belief in the Harmonium way implies a lawful-alignment, but evil members find themselves as welcome as good ones. The understanding of law and order is more important than consideration of good and evil. Fact is, few in the Harmonium seem actually evil; many are good, and lots fall somewhere in the middle of the good-evil spectrum. See, evil doesn't prove truly conducive to harmony and peace. But even a baatezu understands order and the advantages of stability. [/li]
CLASS
    The “world” is a tough one, and it requires tough people who'll fight for what’s right. Thus, the Harmonium appeals very much to warriors of all sorts, especially paladins. Rangers don't make good Hardheads, as so often they enjoy being on their own. Priests prove much more common - at least, those who appreciate the tenets o peace and stability. Priests of war gods are harder to find within Harmonium ranks, not because they disagree with the faction so much as having too many of them in the membership would be bad for the Harmonium's image. A lot of the faction's priests revere a power called 'St. Cuthbert" from a prime world called Oerth. Seems the followers of Cuthbert have a lot of the same ideas as the Harmonium; any of 'em that visit Sigil find themselves quickly attracted to the faction. Wizards appear infrequently among the ranks of the Hardheads, though some of the more militant and lawful ones join. Rogues become faction members only rarely, partly because of their very nature - "rogues" don't work well with others, after all - and partly because they are known lawbreakers. It surprises many cutters to see that the Harmonium allows rogues into the ranks, but some thieves actually work to prevent others of their class from committing criminal acts. Even the lawful harmonium sometimes has a need for good spies – as long as they don’t break the law, of course. Once a cutter has joined the Harmonium, though, things like race and profession don't matter much. A Hardhead is a Hardhead, and they all stick together, cooperating like one big family. Oh, they have their share of squabbles, to be sure, but all Harmonium members know that turning stag means they lose all the benefits of the group. Not only that, they find their formerly beloved faction hunting them; anyone who's helonged to the Harmonium knows he doesn't want to become their prey. Not many Hardheads turn stag. [/li]

RACE
    Just as baatezu understand order, so do members of certain other races. Humans and dwarves remain the most likely to appreciate order, and a lot of humans join the Harmonium; dwarves join in smaller numbers, commensurate with their smaller racial population. Githzerai and bariaur generally don't appreciate order and seldom join the Harmonium, but some tieflings and planar half-elves join; while most have too much independence for this militaristic faction. some of these loners find themselves drawn to the sense of family the Harmonium offers. As for primes, elves and gnomes don't seem very fond of Hardhead ideas. (Especially when they find out that faction members exterminated most of their brethren on Ortho. - Ed.) Most of the primes who join the Harmonium do so because of the recruitment slogans offering stability and security in a strange, new world. [/li]
HARMONIUM MEMBERSHIP
    A basher can join the Harmonium in one of two ways. First, a body can go to the City Barracks and ask for some recruitment pamphlets. The interested party then receives an invitation to a few minor meetings and social activities, where recruitment officers observe him. If they agree he shows merit, they'll ask him to join. Other cutter’ll receive an invitation out of the blue to join the Harmonium – it’s one of the few factions that actively recruits. Bloods will talk lots of the Clueless into joining, knowing that their faction’s stability and strength offers the Outsiders a pleasant view of the future. It appears to provide a home and the comfort of what amounts to one huge family. (Reports that the Harmonium strongarms berks into the faction from off the streets using "Hardhead reform tactics" are greatly exaggerated. But when numbers drop too low to handle increased rioting in the Cage. . . well, sometimes things happen that shouldn 't. Apparently Sarin knows nothing of these unorthodox recruiting methods. - Ed.) Every four weeks, all recent recruits gather for Sarin's indoctrination speech. The factol's talk shows the type of man he is - tough, forthright, charismatic, and unforgiving - and tells the recruits what to expect. They then get shipped off to training camps on Buxenus, the second layer of Arcadia. At the end of the eight weeks of grueling training, recruits either have dropped out to become common berks again or have turned into official Hardheads. Those that fail, though regarded with some caution, can freely attempt the training again later. See, the faction fully expects everyone to join eventually. (Despite Factol Sarin’s words to recruits, the faction does give some second chances. The only ones the Hardheads don’t invite back are those who turn stag on their group. Those, the factol has arrested and tried. Guilty sods usually get sentenced to the leafless tree. – Ed.) The Harmonium has a paramilitary organization. Names who've completed their training become Notaries, common soldiers. Notaries fall into five ranks, depending on their length of service, from the lowest Notary Ones to the high at-ranking Notary Fives. Some Notaries later decide to pursue officer training. Every six months, Harmonium high-ups select a few Notaries who have proved tough, smart, and dedicated (and have reached at least 3rd level). These cutters receive advanced training and, on graduation, become Measures, the Harmonium name for factotums. Like Notaries, Measures are divided into five sub-ranks, depending on the length of time served; the lowest-ranking Measure One eventually can he a Measure Five. Above the rank of Measure, the Movers are the Harmonium's factors. These high-ups select new additions to their ranks from among the Measure Fives. Each Mover also holds a rank from One to Five. (Tonat Shar and Killeen Caine are the only Mover Fives. – Ed.) The factol himself decides who is worthy of promotion among the Movers, basing his decision on ability, length of membership, and outstanding service to the faction. Governing all the ranks is the factol, also known among the Harmonium as the Composer. (That’s ‘cause he’s the one directing all the components in Harmony, writing the music, as it were. – Ed.) The factol holds office as long as his officers deem him competent. When he steps down, a Mover Five becomes the new Composer and promotes a Mover Four to take his place. [/li]
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

OOC: What's this? Well this is a board in Barracks, where Harmonium members can handle their informing.

- Only those with Hardhead membership can see this In Character.
- Those whom are not Hardhead members will have to learn everything told here in game, in character or in story of some form.

Harmonium Board
“Peace is our goal. But if it takes a little war to get others to set things right, the Harmonium way, so be it. That’s how we’ll reach our golden harmony.”

The Harmoniums part is passive to maintain the peace of Cage during the events.

Additional Information:READ ME!!!
Link One: The Factol's Manifesto; The Harmonium
Link Two
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

* Two Breif Reports Are filed in by Valrek*

Current Arrestes of a small nameless Man under the ownership of vupuu the imp under Cases of Violent Acts within the bazaar and a chiv Being Drawn.

also one For Tomas The Tiefling who was filed in for Assaulting another with his Teeth and Further Charges of past Assaults which will be looked into
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

*Cratten files a report of his own*

Requesting available units to investigate murder accusation and possibly other matters between Domiscus and Neli La Meor.

I, Cratten Erroc Measure One, am uncapable of continuing investigation on this case due to being partial on the matter.

- Cratten Erroc
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Warrant Issued

Subject: Raifael Degare

Actions to be Taken: Bring to the Harmonium Holding Cells, not to be reliesed until one of the Measures or Movers instructs so.

For Anyone Assisting them: To be brought to justice, they will be taken to Trials.

Last Seen: Running through the Lower Ward towards Hive Ward, sightings ceased soon after this.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Harmonium Drill Day!

Listen up Notaries! It's time we gather up to take a drill for the sake of our duty, our philsophy will be overviewed, you will be put under heavy training. You will beg for pause, you will not get it until the drill is over.

You will be made disciplined, you will learn to hear orders of your superiors, you will learn more of Harmonium.

This will be coming after two days. ((Friday 21st, clock 7pm, GMT +0 ))

The Drill is over! That said, there will be more of such in future!
*ovarf

Posted by *ovarf »

Ovarf has filed a wrongful death petition against the officers involved in the recent altercation.

Claiming that he was only killed because the guards where to lazy exert the effort to move him to a cell.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

*Cratten Erroc files a full report to high ups after the complaint arrives to the Harmonium Barracks*

Case: Merchant territorial dispute which grew into a larger hostile interaction.

Officers Handling: Measure One: Cratten Erroc, Notaries: Amaku and Sophie

Detailed description of the case:
    [i]The matter began in the Great Bazaar first as peaceful dispute, a merchant had been standing by a merchant stand, then another merchant came to the same stand right behind him. The dispute began this way, first they diplomatically attempted to get the said new comer merchant leave and came to ask me and Notary Amaku if we could take the new comer merchant away. We described them that Harmonium duty is not to settle merchant territorial issues, the Free League upholds the Great Bazaar and thus it is their task. We Harmonium only uphold the peace which was not disrupted... yet. The merchant and his friends were not satisfied with this answer and instead they stepped forth to handle it on their own, at first it seemed to go fine, but when they started to trash the other merchants property, the merchant sign was literally eaten right infront of their face, and some mild threatens and thuggy gestures to tell them to leave was cast on the "newcomer merchant", I decided that it started to become the Harmonium duty as the peace was coming disturbed. I stepped forth and demanded they all scatter and leave the scene. Once it didn't seem to have much of an effect, I added consequences and count down, I said that if they did not scatter in the time I count to ten I would arrest them, all but the merchant and his friends that were there originally were wise and left. They persisted staying so I placed them under arrest as I said I would. Two of them cooperated, but the merchant Ovarf did not, he sit down and refused to do anything, he was too heavy for me to lift at all, so I decided to not attempt it, he refused to assist in anyway to capture himself, so it was time to take actions. Notary Sophie entered at this time to attempt diplomatical approach, it had no effect either, I gave several enough warnings through out the time and it was time for them to understand what they stepped in. I first launched a warning spell to show that I was serious, it did no major harm at all, but the dwarf still persisted in his course. After this I gave him the very last chance, he did not take it so I put him down, I warned everyone around of my spells to avoid any casualties or harm done, then he was put down and captured. I allowed one of the scene to heal his immediate injuries right after the fight. I decided this was enough of a lesson for everyone around to understand that the Harmonium does its duty and does not back down or negotiate and let them go. The merchants only have themselves to blame for their stubborness, I do not intend to protect egos of others instead of peace.[/i] [/li]
- Cratten Erroc
Measure One
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

*Cratten Erroc after hearing out human male Fargul Bernadotte and human female "Amaye" ((OOC: Fake name)) confiscated 9756 gold coins from them after argument between both claiming one of them had stolen the said gold, with the lack of evidences, save apparent witness that was Notary Ann of Harmonium, he took the coins into the Harmonium Barracks evidence room to wait for Notary Anns judgement ((game mechanically they're still on Fargul)).

With it is left letter that they both are required to be consulted before the coins are handed to either part.*

Fargul Bernadotte:
Human Male
Part of a mercenary group and apparent captain of it. "Captain of the Warhounds"
Brown Hair
Eye patch.

Amaye:
Human Female
Black haired with two long string like hairs coming to the back.
Black outfit.
*Captain Vanguard

Posted by *Captain Vanguard »

A tired Amaku sighs and starts filing the cases she was responsible for.

Case 1:
Subject Name:
Bergimon "Fellblade" Wriann.
Crime:
Disturbance of the peace, repeated harrasment to an officer.
Temporary Sentance:
1 Hour, cautioned.
SMC (Sigil Municipal Code:)
48 years old, Master of Necromancy, especially death magic, very dangerous, felon for a killing spree in the past but was free'd because of unknown events.

Case 2:
Subject Name:
Raelin Mag Oydth
Crime:
Two attempted murders on seperate occasions both in the Sigil region.
Sentance:
Pending...

Case 3:
Subject Name:
Raifael Degare
Crime:
Murdering nine, maybe ten people, claims some may have survived thus attempted murder in addition to direct murder.
Sentance:
Indeterminate.