Chandra

*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

The following message makes its way to the Harmonium barracks
wrote:
To Whom It May Concern,

Several witnesses have identified a lilitu by the name of Chandra to be responsible behind a building fire of the Hive Ward that resulted in the deaths of a handful of civilians.

The lilitu is suspected of attempting a ritual within the city that required the sacrifice of several dozen. Information suggests the lilitu is under a demon pact with the demon lord Malcanthet.

Chandra is a shapeshifter and has taken the guise of Tasha and Trinesa on several occasions. Her current whereabouts are unknown. Other known associates unknown. Other information points that she is still somewhere within the city as she is currently seeking a means to break her pact with Malcanthet due to failing to complete the ritual.

Known witnesses:
Tasha - elven woman, short blonde hair, short in stature
Trinesa - human woman, long dark hair, tall, pale complexion
Leyana - nymph, long blue hair, tanned complexion

Signed,
Factor Charae
Mercykillers
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

A rather disgruntled sounding Audible sigh flared from the nostrils of the Harmonium who had received the letter
wrote: Too Factor Charae
If possible, bring the Suspect in for questioning and due process, since it involves multiple charges of murder, i propose a collaboration too apprehend the suspect and bring her too justice so that she may pay for her crimes.

Signed
Blake Blanche Measure 4
He would called for any Notary at his disposal for to asst in this matter
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

Some weeks later after the initial report, it seems the warrant was resolved, the search for a "Chandra" was dismissed. Few Harmonium speak of it and file it into the annals of the Harmonium's many "solved" cases.
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Not long after hearing from a reliable source that there was a change in the case, Factor Charae went to the barracks in person rather than sending a letter and requested to speak to the issuing officer of the arrest warrant.

"I'm here to speak to Measure Blanche about the Chandra case."
*witchinghour

Whatever Notary that was at the front desk respectfully fulfilled Charae's request. Offering to lead her quietly to a training room where Measure Blanche was drilling a few namers on common attacks with spears. But upon the two's entrance into the hall, Blanche gave his namers a break while he went over to the duo. Nodding to the Notary, to which the Notary spoke, "Factor Charae of the Mercykillers has come to speak to you about.. a.. Chandra case?"

Measure Blanche nodded again, dismissing the notary to his position. "How can I be of service, Factor Charae?"
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae offered the measure a respectful nod and said, "Measure Blanche. It is good to speak to you in person. I heard there was an update to the warrant issued for the lilitu named Chandra. I was hoping you could tell me about it."
*witchinghour

"Ah yes. I had sent out a few of my detectives to go deduce who some of the witnesses were to this other than the three you mentioned. We found two who seemed to have survived the blaze." Measure Blanche looked out to his namers whilst on their break for a moment before returning his attention back to Charae. "It seems the truth of the matter is that those folks knew what they were getting into, and it seemed the owners of the blazed building agreed to what was to happen. It seems it was a religious suicide cult."

Blanche sighed, "While I dislike what Tanar'ri seek, it is the individuals who decide what to do with their lives. The two my detectives encountered are more upset they cannot join their brethren as they wished, and when brought in, we found there was no magic swaying their minds either. They do not wish to press any charges."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae noted his shifting gaze as he explained everything to her. When he was finished, she offered a nod.

"And what of the witnesses I provided and their testimony? They were also present during the fire when it took place. Did your detective speak to either of them?"
*witchinghour

It seemed Blanche was keeping his eye on the namers every so often, perhaps it couldn't been helped."Considering the two survivors we found were remarking how the people that atleast "saved" them from the fire matched the description of the three you provided,they could very well press the charges against them instead. We were told about how they and others broke into the building and took care of a guard. Noble intentions I imagine, but the law doesn't distinguish between noble and deceptive, only seeing when it is broken. Given that the two don't wish to do anything, the warrant was filed away and closed."
*DarkArc

Posted by *DarkArc »

Charae narrowed her eyes at what she took as the Measure being nervous about something. When he was finished his explanation, she glanced at the namers to take in their faces before returning her attention back to Blanche.

"Very well, Measure. As this was warrant was jointly shared between our two factions, my faction would appreciate a copy of the closed file sent so we may also close the case. Thank you for your time."