The Case File 227589BD

*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

The case file name got no clarified name. It was largely an internal investigation related affair with series of allegations that most of Harmonium desired to keep under the radar - had such a thing even been invented. There would be no public trial for this, but laws and regulations were to be maintained, as such official case file had already been opened.

Case File 227589BD
Nica Brianna Kelter, Measure One of Harmonium

Subject: Vale Reynolt
Accused of:
Felonies - Murder, Treason (Espionage, theft of official property)
Indictable Offenses - Assault on several Harmonium Officers
Summary Offenses - Slander

The Subject was found within the premises of Chirpers at the Great Bazaar district, I read him what he was charged of and he came willingly. Vale Reynolt was taken to the Harmonium Barracks by me and two notaries where he was processed and catalogued. Upon entryway an unusually aggravated Mover Dalton was greeting I and the accused. There was disappointment in his tone. It is to be noted that Mover Dalton had granted me a wide capacity to exert lawful arrest. Judging a brief discussion with Vale Reynolt and his unusual temper, it is reasonable to assume that such behavior is loaded with personal opinions. As such it would appear a reasonable judgement of the high command to not grant him access to this prisoner to ensure objective treatment.

Vale Reynolt has a range of personal possessions that have been removed from his person, however they have been bound by a magical enchantment that causes electric discharge were they to be taken too far from his presence. The discharge is magical in nature and can be countered with proper precautions. I theorise the impact may grow greater the further off they get, however even such an enchantment will have eventual limitations. At first the trinkets will attempt to return to their owner through a forceful energy pull. Few feets further off and it will discharge electricity. So far the trinkets are kept within the Holding Cell area, but at all times all of his personal belongings are to be kept out of reach, and within the hold of Harmonium personnel.

I requested initial inquiries from Measure called Kalvin Dietric. A Hive Ward bound Harmonium Measure in charge of a squad. It is my strong advise that he, and his squad, are to be suspended from duty until the end of this investigation. There are unverified allegations of he, and his squad, taking part in a conscious act of rape, a felony by Sigil law. Whether or not an investigation may find sufficient evidences of these kinds of matters remains to be seen. Measure Kalvin Dietric was unable to clarify the reasons that lead to the accused murder of Harmonium member by the hands of Vale Reynolt, claiming such details were "classified", but even by his account he had a reason to believe his own man was the instigator. Full story remains uncertain as I did not receive sufficient recount of this matter from the one that had classified it - which I suspect to be Mover Dalton, whom was soon after notified of his access to prisoner Vale Reynolt having been removed, and requested for further questioning.

Soon after the Fraternity of Order appointed representatives arrived to the Holding Cells to represent Vale Reynolts case for the trials. Administrator Nagomont Nagimiester, and his aide Izra Antonella. By legally given rights I was forced to grant them privacy. The nature of the enchantments of the accuseds equipment made it impossible for myself to leave the premises, as were Mover Daltons orders. But to follow good legal practice, I shall not disclose what court defense measures were discussed in an official report.

A brief summary of the charges however appear to be:
 - Murdering a subordinate of Kalvin Dietric, an unconfirmed rape may have been the cause of this.
 - Assault upon Harmonium officers were tied to the murder as rest of the squad moved in to defend their own, but were ultimately defeated.
 - Treasonous behavior are tied to conspiring against the Harmonium, with the Revolutionary League. A tentative bargain had been made to attain Harmonium documents as well as removal of Kalvin Dietric and his squad, in order to gaining incriminating information regarding Mover Dalton.
 - Slander is tied upon Vale Reynolts public claims of insufficient compensation being granted to the families of those who lost their lives at the Battle of the Salt. As well as other claims of Harmonium having deliberate acts to undermine Mercykiller activity. Such words are in special position to undermine Harmonium reputation when they are spoken by one with such close ties to the Harmonium.
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

In response to Measure Nica’s report, the processing officer forwards pertinent information up the proper channels and steps are taken to ensure the safe storage and handling of Vale Reynolt’s equipment. A few hours later, the Mercykillers loan one of their warded boxes to the barracks to be used to contain the former Harmonium’s equipment until such a time that it is to be returned to them. Because he is not incarcerated with the Mercykillers, the Harmonium maintain the box inside their armory.

At Measure Nica’s request, a notary is dispatched to find and recall Measure Kalvin Dietric while another squad is generated to replace him and his men. They are returned to the barracks and placed on administrative leave pending investigation with orders not to leave the barracks unless granted express permission by their commanding officer.