Murder In The Clerk's Ward

*Tingly

Posted by *Tingly »

Murder in the Clerk's Ward

This cycle, during a routine patrol of the Clerk's Ward, I found a freshly slain corpse hanging by a noose near the Hall of Speakers, being viewed by two Signers who identified themselves as "Danae and Argent". Victim was an unidentified human male, seemingly a worker from the Lower Ward. The Signers seemed to be familiar with the killer, calling them a male in black clothes and a mask yet being unable to provide a name. While taking the corpse down from the noose, a note was discovered on it which read "I want Zephon".

They referred to a conflict in the Bazaar that had happened very recently before this, with the killer threatening them and making the claim that they would "Eviscerate anyone in their path". A report from the Signers is expected in short order.

-Notary One Thomas Hallowhair
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

3rd market of Tithing, 133ha

Witness Report

"Witness and apart of of an escalating altercation withing the Great Market of this eve, and individual proceeded to take all the things from a charity box that is left for the new bloods. When questioned and asked to put back the things, the person person began with insults.

I created a zone of silence for the offensive person as this only turned them wishing to incite violence upon myself and then an attempt for my fellow factioneer and fiance, Danae. Then many of the bystanders offered to get into the fray.

Quote from the man " I would take great pleasure in roasting all of your entrails on the brazier."
"Even were all of you to band together, I would end all of your miserable lives to "
"I hope you all dont have to leave the bazaar for any reason."

He was also rambling something about the "New Order".

He then left.

Less then half an hour, I had an thought to check the faction all, Hall of Speakers.

There, Danae and I had found a male body hung and gutted at our doorstep [The Hall] before calling for a patrol.

The individual that offered the threats was near by, watching us take on the scene. Dressed in full black and wearing a porcelian mask. Rather tall, muscular.

Additional notes:
The person carries a necrotic blade of wicked length and serregated edges.
There is a psionic presence that feels like scratching at a mental door, but if you attempt to answer it, it disappears.

I took a moment for a phychic imprint of the victim:
The male had not been dead for more then an hour and possible half an hour. He smelled of soot.
I had a vision the person is a worker in the Lower Ward, stoking fires. He was near or below the known portal to the plane of fire. A dark blade was used to cut him through. Roar of the fire. Then the panic sounds of several workers running from the sod that died. I believe there to be frightened witnesses that may report the same dark clad individual.

-Factotum Fintan, Aka Argent Tsukito, Sign of One