Body In The Bazaar

*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*A packet arrives for anyone willing to work a case and in it are several lists of notes*
-A dead female was found in the bazaar.
-Victim had a harmonium badge but nau faction armor.

Several pages of notes were found around her speaking of drugs and money in the bazaar, the notes are signed by a Valmina, it appears.

-There is blood, brain matter and viscera around the deceased.

*Another note is written to accompany the package*
Please be aware that my personal assistant, Helena, and I guarded the corpse until the Harmonium relieved us and took her body into custody. It should also be noted that at one point Hindel happened by, as a Vampire I take this with some weight, he informed me that the corpse smelled of silver. Please let me know as things develop so that I can continue the investigation on my end.

Deltana Maedius, A7
*Red the Rogue

Posted by *Red the Rogue »

On the 2nd Lady of Nihilum, 132Ha, Sharon Raynsford and Franklin Smith arrived in the Barracks. Reporting to the Notary behind the desk, they would inform him of a body found in the Great Bazaar. The woman in question is one of their own members, confirming Deltana Maedius' report.

Description of the body, located between Khazeet's Copper Lady and Cookie's Restaurant.
wrote:Upon careful inspection, one can see this body bears the badge of a slain Hardhead, a particularly low-ranking member. Surprisingly, they lack whatever armor they might have been issued. The cause of death, if the body is rolled over, would be a narrow puncture-wound delivered to the back of the skull. Brain-matter and viscera has leaked out down the back of the body - Valmina Sesquir - and has soaked their clothing. A relatively fresh kill, dumped here.
Description of the documents
wrote:These documents appear to contain information about a recent shift of drugs and a large influx of currency in the markets of the Bazaar. This document appears to be an initial report written by a low-ranking member of the Heardheads named Valmina.
*Tingly

Posted by *Tingly »

The bazaar.

Right away, it was obvious. Nobody was going to want to deal with anything that happened in the bazaar.

So, the reluctant hardhead concluded, "Guess I'll have to".

He set out to conquer a mountain of paperwork; requests to the Dusties for a report on the corpses of murder victims within the last week. Inquiries to the Guvners about drug law and any recent changes it may have seen. Why, he'd even have to check with the records of the Hardheads themselves to learn about this Valmina. It was going to be a long cycle.
*Red the Rogue

Posted by *Red the Rogue »

Only a cycle had passed (2nd Market of Nihilum, 132Ha) before another report was given at the Harmonium Barracks by Sharon. Two more bodies of the Harmonium faction, identified as Horace and Sparktop, were found dead in the Bazaar, left behind a stack of crates next to Jezebel's weapon stall. A tome with pages covered in blood and torn out was left on one of the crates next to the corpses.

Description of the male body
wrote:This body appears to be of a half-orc named Horace, as indicated by his faction badge for the Harmonium. Most of his armor is missing, though it's clear he underwent a fair bit of torture before death. Numerous puncture wounds across his body in a uniform pattern front-and-back suggest a torture sarcophagus.
Description of the female body
wrote:This appears to be the body of a slain fire genasi. She wears a badge indicating membership in the Harmonium, and rather non-descript street clothes suggesting she may have been working under-cover or investigating something. A puncture wound to the back of her skull indicates a quick killing, and no torture was done.
Description of the small tome
wrote:This tome appears to be larger than pocket size, but smaller than some of the sorts of spell books that fastidious wizards would carry around. Most of the pages are missing and what remains are blood-spattered and ruinous. Almost nothing can be gathered from the remaining stained, shredded pages except for indications that this text contained hasty writings, certainly not the sort you might find in a library or publishing house. This may be somebody's personal notebook or journal.
Along with the report, mention of another body was made, recovered by the Dustmen in the same spot by Cookie's restaurant: That of a male identified only as "Edrique Mustal" based on the ring's engraving.
*wmw12

Posted by *wmw12 »

*Upon hearing the rumors of more bodies being found the drowess pens a quick letter to the Harmonium barracks*

To whomever is dealing with the bodies in the bazaar:

Would you please let me know what the status of the investigation is?

Regards,
Deltana Maedius, A7