Promotion To Measure One

*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

It came as a surprise to Nica, considering all the latest troublesome issues in the Sigil political schemes, but she was presented a promotion straight to Measure One. It took her some time to truly appreciate the fact and thank her superiors, with a regulation gift-wine bottle, although on the bottle was hand written reminders about regulation A-C10 and B-C33 which were direct reminders about no drinking in public and not giving poor impression to recruits. Also a disclaimer for an absence of ulterior motives or intents to gain anything, so as to clear through the legislations of attempts or taking bribes for both sides. Harmonium are fun in parties too.

Though after the initial matters were over, it dawned to her that she'd be taking a lead of a small squad with it. Of course she already had some experience in leading people over a mission or few, but a constant requirement to train and keep tabs on few will be draining.

She headed to the Measure on the front desk, expressing to him in no uncertain terms.

"Measure, I need a team. I know a namer called Beladra d'Phiarlan has expressed that they are recently transferring from the Arcadia, but I need three more to have a full team. If you could put a word around, that'd be appreciated."

((if any Harmonium players just want some more Harmonium RP, feel free to get involved! I'm intending to get some training etc. done on that part. Though it'd be a group of 5 tops.))
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

Having managed to gather two recent recruits from Arcadia to her team, she was still lacking two. Regardless, waiting for the additional would only make the current ones sloppy. Unacceptable, Harmonium wasn't just another day job. It was a duty, a privilege. A necessity.

To her subordinates, namer Beladra d'Phiarlan and Bas'org Spiritchaser, she assigned regular patrol routes around the Clerks Ward.

"Namers, I know you're new to the Sigil, but don't make any mistake that this is place for rest. We're going to do some bloody work, and damn straight I'm not going to make you feel like you ever left the Arcadia, got that?"

First week was intentionally tediously set patrol routes and shifts. Awkward, break times and resting hours. This wasn't inadequacy to leadership on her part, it was endurance and discipline test on the two new subordinates. See if they had what it took. However, unlike might be expected, she made sure to join them on those, barring external reasons, lead by example, not by merely bossing them around.

Besides the attempts to cause them get exhausted mentally, physically and sleep deprivation. Nica also made sure to inquisitively test their knowledge of Sigils laws, factions and general politics here and there. Including double turns where the answer was deviously obvious, making it sound like a trick question.

"Why do the Fated collect taxes, namer?"

"How do you identify correctly up to Harmonium regulations armor from a counterfeit?"

"Whose permission do you need to enter other factions Headquarters?"

"What do you do to a criminal without a warrant?"

"You hypothetically see a member of Triad committing an indictable offense, they have not seen you yet. How will you act?"

And further questions along those lines. Technically the answers didn't matter that much. It was as much about the attitude and their wit as it was about "correct" answers. After all, it was all about testing them.

She'd also finally invite them over.

"Alright, gather around namers. We're going on some planewalking in the coming days, get some proper combat training under your bellies. So better brandish those uniforms for combat. Because it's time to see if you can walk the walk and not just talk the talk."
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

//I got a Notary 2-3 I haven't played in a while, any chance I could get involved too? Sorry for the OOC, will change to IC later. //
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

((Feel free to join. =) I'm keeping room for 4 subordinates max at the moment. Though I can think of something if there comes up more. I doubt there will =P))
*Ariella

Posted by *Ariella »

Namer Beladra arrives bright and earlier in the clerk's ward. On the first few patrols it would seem obvious that the Namer does not yet know her way around the ward. Unless ordered other wise she would stay slightly ahead of the patrol unseen, She would use a small light to communicate back at the group as she scouted ahead. Although unneeded in a standard patrol she did this so they could get use to the distance and signals.

"Yes Ma'am"

Bella's five years in Arcadia had her well trained and disciplined, While her elven heritage means she only has to sleep four hours a day it seemed she was no stranger to tedious and awkward. While the sleep deprivation and mental exhaustion seemed of little issue to her the physical proved a large one. Bella was neither strong nor had a high endurance and in such training it would show.

When moving through the terrain however there was a clear difference in the way she moved to a typical hardhead. While most hardheads would go through or around obstacles cause by Sigils wacky architecture. Bella was not limited to such and often made use of showy acrobatics to find the quickest or most effective route. This subtly hinted at her past life in house Phiarlan's circus.

As the questions where asked it became apparent her knowledge of Sigil was limited, While she always tried to answer a lot of the answers tended to be more personal opinion or a guess then fact. She took no offence at any corrections offered and recited the new information to memory should the question be asked again

"Because they have no skill of their own, So the only way to make coin is by taxing everyone else's"

"Look for the harmonium emblems or badge"

"The Factol or their representative"

"We can detain a criminal for up to forty eight hours while we await a warrant"

"The same way as any other criminal, No one is above the law"

The prospect of finally getting out of sigil into the planes seemed to brighten up her spirits

"Ready and willing Measure Nica"
*Protowolf

Posted by *Protowolf »

// Hi, I am interested in joining this troop. My login is Protowolf and I have a recent Namer who chose to be apart of the Harmonium, character name is Hund but I am planning on changing it when I can catch a dm online to Sergey Suacokitril. If you want me in, I can write up an introduction and any hints or guide lines would be happily accepted and considered. Hope I can rp with you guys! //
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

Bas'org does his best to follow the orders given to him my commander but fatigue starts to show during the last leg of the training regimen. When Measure Nica arrives, it does boost his confidence and using a few spells to help fight fatigue (mostly superior resistance to keep his mind as sharp as can be considering the tiredness he feels) he marches and patrols to best of his abilities. His keen eyes search the surroundings as they patrol and watching Bella scout ahead of the group his slows his steps so he is no longer at the forefront but a couple of steps behind, watching the group and cheers on any that lags behind.

He rattles off answers to the questions and he gives a slight grin as he feels like he is being drilled by his dad back home on Arcadia.

"They present their badge and ask for takes at their headquarters unless they have papers saying they are to collect taxes from a specific person."

"They will have the correct helmet and badge to match. Namers and Notaries have a standard helmet while the superiors have a better helmet. The Harmonium uniform have a unified red color"

"You need the permission of the Faction themselves, either Factol or Factor unless you have a warrant."

"If they committed a crime, arrest and detain. If not, arrest and hold them until a background check is complete."

"I stop the member of the Triad, remind them of proper rules and regulations and if they continue, arrest and detain."

His answers are rattled off, hoping he at least gets one correct.
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

Protowolf,Aug 3 2016 wrote: // Hi, I am interested in joining this troop. My login is Protowolf and I have a recent Namer who chose to be apart of the Harmonium, character name is Hund but I am planning on changing it when I can catch a dm online to Sergey Suacokitril. If you want me in, I can write up an introduction and any hints or guide lines would be happily accepted and considered. Hope I can rp with you guys! //
((Of course, you're free to join. =) More the merrier! Worst case is that I'll try to make middle-management to deal some of my characters load. =P))
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

((I'm going to try to organise something this saturday, EU evening. So anyone interested, feel free to buzz me for ideal times, so I can try to sort something out. I'm also intending to create a proper group introduction to the "player groups" section. Sorry about the bumpy start on organizing things, but I'm encountering bad case of busy in reality initially and will promptly get to more IC aspects definitely. =)

For anyone still interested, feel free to make any kind of IC "letter of transfer" or other approach toward my character. Even inquiries, background checks, or whatever you feel like your character would like to do and I'll try my best to accommodate.

The first actual meeting will also orientate around deciding the specifications for the group, as in what do we want the group to particularly try to achieve. No need to tell that to me yet, you can let that idea sink in a while and contemplate what you want out of Harmonium RP for real.))
*Protowolf

Posted by *Protowolf »

Sergey approaches the main board after returning from a training camp. After seeing that there is a team now collecting any Harmonium willing to put in the effort, he seizes this opportunity. Filling out a form for request of transfer from a standard patrol to being assigned under the prospective team.

The note, adressed to Measure Nica, reads as follows:
"I am writing to ask to join you team. I may be a fresh recruit who has just gone through minimal training, I am willing to do whatever I need to secure a position. If there are any requirements that I need to meet or training required, I would ask to be enrolled for anything you see fit before considering my application. Thank you for your time."
It is signed, "Namer Sergey Suacoktril"

After making his intentions clear he then returns to the streets of the Cage to get items, newest chant, and some experience. Along with this preparation, he also tries to read up on previous cases, brush up on the law and rule book, and generally become more aware of the situation around himself.