Deferring Promotion

*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

*Juna would land in the barracks courtyard in dragon form and speak with with several Movers informing them of his decision*

Movers,

I have recently been offered a promotion by the half-orc Mover Hogarth. Despite but brief entanglements with this creature, I have found him both wise and dutiful.

Regrettably, I must defer the honor. While on the one hand, to serve in the ranks of the Harmonium is the greatest of honors, on the other, for one such as I, I fear it is an attempt to yolk and saddle one of the Harmoniums most stalwart defenders.

As a Namer, I have already been thrust under commands which - well, to say under-utilize my considerable talents would be understatement. I have sat idle, both my prowess and wise council not heeded.

*holds up a soul gem fragment recently used by infiltrants to charm harmonium foot soldiers, thrusting them in harms way against the city's dwellers*

Even as my most dire warnings come to pass, I sit on the sidelines as we take unwise course, only to cut the weeds from our walls after the less vigilant among us have sat idle long enough form them to take root and grow; and grow they still.

*Narrows his glowing emerald eyes as he thrusts the gemstone back into a planar containment bag, the willful dragon shakes off its enchantment effects.*

The Harmonium maintain their position as lawkeepers in this City of Doors due to the patronage of influential and powerful forces within it. I shall remain among you as a Namer of the faction, offering both wise council and not inconsiderable martial prowess where it is most needed, as your champion, patron, and defender... but one so dutiful as I cannot take the risk of placing myself at the command of lesser wills. I am neither soldier nor pawn.

So I shall continue to stand, ever vigilant in defense of the Faction, and the cause of the Conformatists within it. For in their wisdom only the Conformatists see that the excesses of the multiverse can and must be contained... a truth that is most challenged within this very City of Doors.

In summation, I must defer this promotion offered, and await one that is worthy of my stature. However, know that I shall be ever ready to answer the call in aid or defense of the Harmonium cause.

*the regal bronze dragon inclines his head respectfully, then turns and climbs up the nearby ramparts, spreading his wings once he reaches the top, lunging forward and taking to flight.

*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

(((just an FYI/clarification. I still want my character to receive promotions, as I may wish to accept them at a later date. However, for IC reasons, I would like to defer them and have Juna remain a namer for now)).