Winter Court Situation Report

*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

(( Notes requiring feedback are marked in green, but her actual report would be all single color! Just trying to be helpful for fast skimming! ))

Addendum: Krynn Expedition Update
Notary One, Nica Brianna Kelter

With a continued dialogue with Tess, Aleis d'Cannith and Argent, I discovered that another expedition was planned to be made into the prime world of Krynn. The reasons for this was suspicions that the Shadow Fey of Raven Queen would create a forward position, fortification of note to secure a "Planar Gate" which the lich had been intended to utilize to raise an army within the Krynn. Shadow Fey encountered at the end of last expedition had called Krynn as a "flesh farm".

It'd appear there is a difficult position of politics raging in the lands of Krynn as dragon overlords are ensuring their inaction against this threat. While the topic of diverting Dragon overlords rage toward the fey had risen, I also learned about another artifact that has ended to the possession of the fey, and that is some form of orb that can control dragons. Details are sketchy and which faction has obtained it isn't yet known... but it diverted the idea of turning the dragons against the shadow fey off the topic.

Overall, I could not see a reason for my duty to extend to assist in this secondary expedition as there does not appear to be good enough reason for the Harmonium to interfere. It seems a matter for Krynn and fey politics. While a portal may assist leading attacks against the Sigil, the situation on this regard would not change as they have already had the capability. However I urge that another Harmonium member is sent just incase. ((Because it's good to activate other members too, woo!)) My duties and allegience lies within the city of Sigil, so I will continue to patrol the streets and deal with direct threats.

It is also worth noting that the Shadow Fey are still after the Raven Queens sword held by the Society of Sensation member Lucelle. I request permission to send a request to the society of sensation to hand over the sword, pending on legal actions, thus giving us a greater ability to negotiate the end of Raven Queen threat, or at least potentially learn more about this threat. Their indirect actions are threatening thousands of lives after all.

Speculation during the dialog also lead into considering alternative angle about this sword. It is possible that as a sentient weapon with the capability to steal souls, it might act as a massive intelligence information source, and shed light to the situation.
*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Measure One Christopher, having returned from duty on another prime in the name of Harmony, had quickly learned of the winter fey situation and made it a goal to bring himself into as much update date knowledge as he could reasonably gain access to given his rank. The measure, having watched Nicas performance while on duty and on her frequent and detailed reports on the fey situation, one of her recent reports has a tiny note on the bottom of the page.

-To Whom It May Concern-

As a long time soldier of the Harmonium and having held the rank and office of a measure one for a few years now I have often been directly involved with the new recruits, their training and managment and this Notary has (as you can all agree i am sure) shown nothing but exemplary performance across the board. I have talked to her on a few occasions as our patrols don't line up sometimes but I have heard much about her and i have observed many of her interactions in passing.

She fits the badge and she serves the colors and our way very well and it is my strongest recommendation that she be elevated to the rank of Notary two or three at least, we need more boots like hers on the ground.

Christopher Cryptbane, Measure One.
Office Of Troop Management and Logistics.
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

The Bronze Dragon Junathoraxus further informs his superiors that when they are prepared to act, he has the location of the dragon orbs in the pale prince's possession, and the means to enter their locations, and subsequently destroy the orbs.
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

((delayed corrected post! Sorry about that!))

As Notary One Nica receives the translation of the letter gained via last expedition she promptly forwards it to the case reports.
wrote:Greetings dear Sun Prince,

Oh right i forgot you are the Winter Prince now, how silly of me. I know you have held much animosity for me but i believe this is the time to put that aside and work together to achieve a common goal. I have included with this letter a powerful spell that i believe will aid you in your quest in Sigil and the promise of fresh blood from this prime my forces will soon take. In exchange i desire your aid in taking my own throne.

Send a diplomat the crypt within the grey wastes, Tell them to follow the ravens. Let terms be discussed and a deal made.
"This development may cause the Rogue Fey to unite with the Raven Queen and vice versa. As such I need to re-evaluate the second expedition to be more closely tied to the Sigils security. While I do not ache leaving my post, I believe the additional intelligence information that we can attain within the prime world Krynn, might prove invaluable in future matters. I will see if I can arrange myself a position among the planewalkers again and report after the journey is concluded."
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

The dragon Junathoraxus files a report to the higher ups.

He describes how upon seeing a disturbance in Sigil leading to Brux, he traveled to Brux taking to the skies under cloud cover until he found an odd pairing of Planewalkers approaching a 2nd portal. He took the form of a weasel and followed them into the portal by stealth, leading them to a dark and cavernous plane where they combatted winter and shadow fey. The dragon was forced to reveal himself to aid the party when they risked falling to an ambush.

He further reports that the party had eventually encountered and combatted a shadow fey and Balor, who were meeting with a winter fey named Khelek Ba, who had previously led a winter fey assault on Sigil in the Employ of the Pale Prince and has never been held to account. The party allowed Khelek Ba to escape unmolested.

Juna reports that when He questioned the party about allowing Khelek Ba to depart, the Fey Tess confessed to working at the Behest of the Winter court and with the fugitive Khelek Ba, and that the party's presence in the dark and cavernous plane was in service of the Winter Court. He reports that fey Aleis was present as well, and her presence was evidence that she also aided and conspired with Tess. He further reports two of the Narcomis (sp) Vampires (a male and a dark haired female), known merchants, were aiding this group, as well as giving descirptions of the planewalkers Keagan and Pocket Pip. Finally, he notes that the Harmonium Nica was there, and appeared to be complicit with the others.

He recommends to the higher ups that the parties named be arrested and detained until an investigation can either confirm their treachery against the City of Doors or otherwise explain their collusion and/or complicity with Khelek Bah and the winter court.
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

The report is only sent to Factor Tonat Shar, and Factol Sarin, circumventing any other Factors and high-ups in due process.

Fey Attack: Clerks Ward
[size0]Notary One, Nica Brianna Kelter[/size]

I was on my usual patrol within the Guild and market Wards, however sounds of fighting in the Clerk's Ward alerted me to abandon my post to engage with the invading Fey forces, as I got close to the Hall of Speakers, I started to meet Fey attackers. The Harmonium had already engaged, and I believe they had formed the barricades within the Clerks Ward. I engaged with the Fey forces and ordered some of the still unengaged Harmonium to evacuate the civilians into nearby buildings for their safety.

The fey appeared to be winter and shadow fey at this stage. However it is worth noting that they did so under the metaphorical banner of the Pale Prince.

After this I, alongside Harmonium and planewalkers whom had joined the fray started to methodically work our way toward the Beastlands portal, where we had been informed the attack was coming through. After several small engagement with skirmissing fey forces, we reached to the portal where Factor Tonat Shar managed to get the most emergent defenses to hold admirably and still the fight for now.

Brief situation report with the Factor revealed that another portal within the Beastlands Brux was the actual source of the attacks. As the defenses were able to hold, I volunteered to go close the other portals, and a numerous other planewalkers had too joined in this task. Among them Miranda the Abjuror, Tess, Aleis and later on it'd turn out that namer Junathoraxus had also followed us.

Further fighting against shadow fey brought us into a surprise situation. This is, three portals. Not one. The arcane intellectuals quickly gathered that the portal on the middle was the most potent of the three, and closing it would've required something better than what we had at our disposal. We decided to close the other two as to ensure that the foes would at least initially be forced to travel through only one portal. As Miranda and Aleis closed the other two portals with a joined effort, another development entered.

Three feys stepped out, without immediate hostile intent from the remaining portal. Tess evaluated that these fey were each incredibly powerful, Hoary Hunters she called them. I cannot verify to one way or another if this is the case. Regardless, the three fey offered a deal... they would close the portal; if we were to enter the portal, and kill the balor and shadow fey within. My mission was to close the portal, and we had no means to do so... the only logical and strategic choice to make was to agree to this bargain. We had no guarantees, of course. But if there was a chance that we could have less enemies in succeeding the mission, it was a chance that I was willing to take, because a failure would've meant a prolonging the invasion of Sigil, and of civilian suffering.

I entered the portal with a round of planewalkers, of which Miranda stepped away and left behind, feeling uneasy with the plane that I was told was the Shadowplane.

In Shadowplane we fought in a long narrow tunnel against dozens of shadow fey, and it is worth noting, it was a very long and narrow tunnel. This did not pose too much danger to us, but as we descended further in, we started to meet winter fey, their basic forces posed little danger, but there were elite among them that caused heavy losses as well. Through the trials of combat, we finally managed to get to the final chamber where there was three imposing figures.

First: the Balor, an army of one on its own.
Second: Khelek Ba, a winter court elite.
Third: A shadow fey, elite as well. But I do not know who they were.

Despite the attempts to prolong confusion to find a functional strategy to fight them, the fight erupted. However... Khelek Ba turned against the balor and the shadow fey, joining us, at least temporarily. I must admit, a large portion of the fight escaped my notice as I had been targeted by magic during the time. However I recovered to see the end results of the fight, which was a victory. The Balor managed to escape, the shadow fey elite was killed. Khelek Ba stood among the planewalkers and Junathoraxus, having her allegiance being questioned.

Khelek Ba expressed that her loyalty belonged to the Queen. Not to the Pale Prince, latter of whom is behind the rogue fey attacks. Khelek Ba was inclined to go after the Balor to prevent it from talking to her master, and I believe she referred to the Pale Prince as she appears to be among their numbers, and would rather her "defecting" was not noticed. She also revealed that the Hoary Hunters previously were hers. After confirming that she'd close the portal as per the agreement with the hunters previously... I made no effort to stop Khelek Ba.

At this point namer Junathoraxus accused me of betraying the Sigil by joining with the Winter Fey, in technical terms taking no steps to prevent Khelek Ba from leaving either, and despite being superior there. I had made no orders that would have prevented doing so either. In-fact, I had given no orders. It is also worth noting, that namer Junathoraxus had not assisted in the first half of combat, instead it would seem he had joined with only a deliberate intent to observe and complain rather than do his duty. In departing words, Khelek Ba warned that a war was coming. However we all knew that, and technically the war is already here if you look at the Clerk Ward streets.

In conclusion: I was tasked to go and close the portal, the mission was successful, largely thanks to the planewalkers. I followed my orders, to the letter.

I have already mentioned the separation between the Winter Court fey and the Rogue Fey following the Pale Prince. We do not need to make more enemies than we have, especially not if we can have some of the fey namer Junathoraxus is eager to make our enemies as well, fight our common enemy and mitigate the suffering caused to the civilians and Harmonium of Sigil. Reading through my previous reports should reveal consistency of the story.

If I am found guilty of betrayal, I will stand and take the punishment as deemed fit by the Superiors without resistance.

Harmony at all cost.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

A runner clad in the uniform of a Mercykiller Namer comes to the barracks with the following message for the Harmonium in command of the Winter Fey situation.
wrote:
To whom it concerns,

Be advised that another attack from the fey lord known as the Pale Prince is likely to occur in a weeks time. This warning comes from the Pale Prince himself, who has seemingly reinforced his forces with those of the full Winter and Autumn Courts.

According to the Pale Prince, the goal of his immediate campaign is to end all "mortal" life in Sigil. This likely means targeting all civilians and military personnel of Prime material plane blood, as well as anyone standing in their defense. In other words, an indiscriminate slaughter. Interestingly, he has demonstrated some hesitation at the prospect of engaging other Fey bloods (but do not take this for granted).

With all of this said, I ask that the Harmonium take care with the response. There have been incidents where the personnel assigned to bracing for the attacks antagonized local civilian fey, which only complicates matters for any response when the real attack begin.

Sincerely,

Factor Dace Andor of the Mercykillers
*Taurus Daggerknight

A message is sent for Mover Tonat Shar, bearing the seal of the Mercykillers.
wrote: Mover Tonat Shar,

We should meet soon to discuss the situation regarding the Pale Prince and his master. Let me know when the earliest we can discuss the matter would be.

Justice and Harmony prevail,

Factor Dace Andor of the Mercykillers
\\ Any time we could do this in game?
*Taurus Daggerknight

\\ *bump?*
*DM Sathia

Posted by *DM Sathia »

////I am running an event monday, We can do it just before or after if you like. 2pm GMT