Rise Of The Wolf Cult

*churros

Posted by *churros »

The time is three hours and twenty three minutes after peak on first Low of Narciss, 133Ha.

Officer Reporting: Miles Eckhart, Namer
Situation: Murder, Cult conspiracy, future threats deemed to be certain.
Primary Suspect: Goes by the tag Car'rick. *Name given to him by underling, an alias is most probable*
Evidence Collected: Tome on the Wolf God, impounded. Vial of chemical serum, exact nature unknown, possible an agent of Lycanthropism.

Summary of events:

About an hour prior to my writing this report, a hunting call of wolves was heard from the Lower Ward. Immediate inspection by myself fearing this would be another bout with the fey revealed three fiendish wolves. Whom had slain an as of yet unidentified, and perhaps inconsequential, worker from the lower ward. Remains were to badly damaged as to ascertain identity. Victim was mauled to death by the tree wolves before my arrival. Upon arrival, and by this time others of unaffiliated intentions had come to observe and defend, the wolves turned upon us. Immediate hostility was shown and I initiated in culling the wolves before they could inflict further harm. The wolves proved to be lacking in true combat skills, but I believed them to be merely scouts. Their bodies were sent to the morgue along with the other fallen.

Inspection of the fallen laborer revealed a serum on her person. The exact nature of this serum was not readily apparent. However experts in alchemy on the scene, one Daphne, were able to determine that it was somehow connected to Lycan mutation, as well as bearing alchemical silver traces. Whether or not this was intended to create silver resilient Lycans remains to be seen. A short time passed and another Wolf, different than the first three, arrived from what appeared to be the plane of earth. Sharon Raynesford attempted to reason with it but it too became hostile and was dealt with quickly. Not before it had revealed the name of it's master, one Car'rick. Evidence has been gathered and logged. Kala Ta'kan is running an independent alchemical analysis that we will cross reference with the Dustmen's own analysis of the blood and serum found.

It is my belief that this was a test of their abilities. At this point my worst fear is that this serum is meant to be a weapon and used against ordinary citizens, turning them into Lycans. Effectively this would make it easy for an entire army of Lycans to be raised in a frighteningly short order. It is my recommendation for the security of the people of Sigil that they avoid traveling alone, since it is unclear as to where or how these new adversaries operate. Obtaining weapons designed to counter Lycans is also advisable. As always, use caution in the Cage.

*signed*
Miles Eckhart, Namer of the Harmonium

*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

To: : Miles Eckhart, Namer of the Harmonium

As per your request for the report, heres an analysis of the recovered bodies
found in the Lower Ward.

Semore Nef-lower class working citizen of Sigil.
Human
Male

Premortem: Subject under duress and fear. Method taken of substance: Ingestion. Sweating.
Convulsions. Traces of ether found around the mouth and nose. Internal bleeding.

Post-mortem: Rapid deterioration of tissue. Damaged skeletal system from transformation not settling. Teeth made to canines. Torn ligaments.

Toxicology:
Alchemical in nature
Trace amounts of silver
Dissolved living matter (plant): Lemon balm, wolfsbane, Nightshade, acidic solvent.
Imbued positive energy
Bottled emotions: Aggression, Paranoia, Unknown
Distilled fluids from species unknown and placed in subject: Unknown side effects.

Cause of Death: it appears the victim could not withstand the various poisons at once, preventing the rest of the solution from binding with the host. Due to the failure and rapid deterioration we are not able to determine what the results are had it succeeded or purpose.

Species: Fiendish Wolves
Advanced stage of magic: Awakened for increased intelligence capacity
Contents of stomach: Remains of Semore and other parts of human flesh, rats, dogs.

Toxicology: Only traces of the previous victim, though the lining of the stomach did not appear to be
bothered by the poisons in question or minor irritation.

Cause of death: Multiple stab wounds and fire.

Unknown Victim:
Human in appearance.
Lycanthrophic affliction: Traces of worg blood
Left leg: Replaced. The limb in question replaced with alchemical regenerative with limited life span.
Results: Failure, limb dead but still connected to the body.
Magical trace found: Telepathic bond, severed.

Cause of Death: Stab wounds, arrows, various elements.

Recommendation: Location of an alchemist if they can postulate some theories into what the substances combined are ment to do, how the method is produced and then reverse engineering it.

I believe Semore was a test subject for experimental dose that proved over whelming, and the others did not have these substances or had already ran its course.