Missing Person Investigation File: Drake

*Bruce Baxter

Posted by *Bruce Baxter »

The following are dossiers related to the missing human albino simply known as Drake from Toril. They are forwarded to BruceÂ’s superiors for further assessment and direction.
*Bruce Baxter

Sesol Kan: Friend of the missing person

Statement summary:
he put out an advertisement in the local news rag indicating that his friend was missing. This is what drew my attention to the case to begin with. He noted that Drake was on, and needed a head doctor. He indicated that he was hunted by his past and talked about a scandal that took place in the prime material plane which ended with getting his lover killed. He was intent on going back to the prime material plane and writing his wrongs, but he didnÂ’t know how Drake was planning to accomplish this. He also mentioned that Drake had some enemies but they were back in Toril and not here in Sigil.

Impression: person of interest in this investigation. May be bought into the barracks for interrogation at a later time, if there is any evidence of wrongdoing or foul play in DrakeÂ’s disappearance. Sesol Kan is the reason that Drake missing was brought to the attention of anyone.
*Bruce Baxter

Cherry Sapphire: a human practitioner of magic. Faction unknown.

Statement summary:
Cherry provided information on DrakeÂ’s interest in chronomancy, and she also taught me what chronomancy was. She noted that Drake was actively looking for ways to rectify what happened to his wife, and seek revenge on those who had wronged him. She met him a few times, but did not have much else in the way of conversation with him. She also indicated that the workers at the house of healing would have more information regarding Drake. She actually was helpful enough to bring Danae Gren to me from the House of Healing.

Impression:
Cherry seems to be an expert in matters of magic. In fact, she transformed into a lupine form in front of me. Her testimony was useful but also limited in the sense that she did not know Drake that well. She was initially resistant to the idea of speaking to a harmonium officer for any reason, as too many are in the bazaar. I donÂ’t think she realized that I realized this. Regardless, her interest was piqued enough that she decided to give quite useful statement. I think it may be useful to refer to Cherry in the future if I have questions regarding magical matters.
*Bruce Baxter

Sevdi: A Mercykiller

Statement summary:
indicated that Drake possibly died due to his fixation on chronomancy. Stated that he was bemoaning some kind of loss, but remain vague on the details. Also noted that she advised him to not delve into chronomancy. There was a measure of annoyance in her tone as she recounted this.

Impression: a largely useless statement. Sevdi remained scarce on details and did not give unique information that was not already shared by the others who interacted with Drake. Though this individual was cooperative with questioning, she seemed quite laconic and disinterested in discussing the matter at length. This combined with her seeming lack of knowledge about Drake makes her a poor source to question again.

*Bruce Baxter

Danae Gren: A Signer and Proprietor of the House of Healing

Statement summary: Danae provided the most detail regarding DrakeÂ’s motivations. She reiterated for me that he was seeking revenge on his wifeÂ’s murderer or murderers, and actively was seeking chronomancy as a way to possibly reverse her death. She also indicated to me that he was quite a drunkard, and his weakness was alcohol. It seems like Drake had really only made a preliminary visit to the House of Healing, to establish care, and had not divulge that much information. She did not further DieboldÂ’s any information, as it was understood between both of us that we were not to break patient confidentiality until 1) we were out of the bazaar and in a more private area, and 2) we obtained a warrant to access DrakeÂ’s patient records. Also indicated to me that it's a possible affront to Her Serenity to speak openly about chronomancy.

Impression: it seems to me that this individual is the most knowledgeable one regarding Drake, as I suspect she had personal time with him to speak about some of his health issues. I will have to question some of the establishments around the Clerk’s Ward and the bazaar – the wards where Drake seems to hang out the most often – in order to get a sense of where he was prior to his disappearance. I will also obtain a search warrant to further explore Drake’s patient files at the House of Healing as suggested by Danae. I plan on speaking to her again once the warrant is re-obtained, and there some matters I would like to discuss with her which I didn’t get a chance to do at the time due to bazaar being quite busy and the sensitive nature of the conversation.
*Bruce Baxter

Addendum to File: Warrant to the House of Healing has been denied. I will take another route in this investigation and learn what I can regarding chronomancy.