Assassination Attempt

*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

Nica returns to Sigil from the Astral plane after the attack, with her is four corpses, as well as notary and namer of Harmonium whom are assisting her in transfer. She promptly writes a report about the situation.

The report is classified as "Confidential" and tagged to contain information which should be used for extra caution to be shielded from potential infiltrators eyes.

Report: Assassination Attempt
[size0]Notary Three, Nica Brianna Kelter[/size]

Today I was planetraveling to maintain my combat capabilities, I had been fighting against the Gith for sometime in the Astral Plane, but after a moment I heard the words...

"B***h should be near"

At this stage, I didn't know what was going on, and approached the source of voice only to see four cowled men still armed. After which they exclaimed the following words...

"There she is! Gut the pig!"

They failed at their task, while their strategy at trying to attack me off-plane may've been a sound one in longterm, that choice also ensured that I have already been armored and warmed up for battle. I didn't have time to think for long as I finished the fourth, but I heard footsteps of one running away and the chase was on.

On my way out, I came across two other members of Harmonium, apparently they had a message to deliver. Apparently this Notary and Namer were tasked to deliver my promotion, there wasn't much time for chat so I assigned the two to pack the corpses of my assaillants and bring them to the docks while I went after the live one.

After some jogging I managed to catch the man at the docks, ringing the signal bell frantically. Seeing me approach they attempted to flee further to the dock, only to be cornered. I forced them to surrender their weapons and had a bit of discussion. After some time the other of the Harmonium got back to the dock with the corpses and we had some questioning to the living cowled man conducted.

Evidences
- Four corpses of the presumed anarchist assaillants.
- Two daggers, living anarchists weapons they surrendered.
- Pendant with crudely engraved symbol, similar to anarchists.
- Crumpled note which stated:
    "Nica, Notary 2, *description of mannerism* Likely can't be bought, Boss wants her gone, before she gets too high. Deal with it out of the Cage. Don't need the entire Faction and their bedfellows coming down to us." [/li]
The live person was confronted with these details, but they persisted that they didn't know anything, nor was anything found upon his person. Knowing that Sigil laws do not apply in the plane of Astral, naturally we couldn't truly arrest him. Instead through subtle wording I offered him a chance to help fix things. He is called Albert Dherro, a hiver with no persistent residence. Just a kid in a wrong place, dragged into by wrong people, apparently a friend of "Trev" who was likely an anarchist. They seemed genuinely afraid of having been caught. I offered Albert a job to track down who hired them and remain an informant for the Harmonium. If we are lucky, we may find some anarchist cells.

Further assassination attempts may become more aggressive in future. But so far this case is not going by the Sigil laws, but I felt there was a need for reporting it in due to close ties to Sigil regardless.