Suspended Due To Suspected Dereliction Of Duty.

*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

A lowely Notary is situated behind a stone desk in front of a door, that if anyone peeks, is lined with shelves and boxes on those shelves. A man wearing a blood red outfit, complete with his name rank, Notary 3 Jensen, yawns when Danica asks the question , "That would be us, ma'am. do you have the associated paper work for the kukri or would you like to speak with my commander, Measure 1 Sprats? Alot of things get turned in here, some lost and found, some evidence."
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

She smirks at the yawn, a knowing smile and nod.
"I'll take one more quick look around before I go get the paperwork situated. It was just today that I misplaced it. Figured if I got here quickly enough, you'd have seen it."

Off she goes, urgency in her step on her way back to the training room. Funny that the weapon can be so easily concealed in the dirt beneath the plant she was standing near when she spoke to Mover Darius.

Off to deliver a message. An entirely different Mover must be updated. Measure Sprats just became a suspect.
Minutes after the penned letter is delivered to the home outside, the young lady returns.
"No luck, I'm afraid, and the last person I was with hasn't seen it either. I'd appreciate a moment of Measure Sprats' time, if it's no trouble. I'll be looking around the training room. Please let him or her know that I'll be there."
*LiquidDreamer

Sprats fights to keep himself from yawning too many times, which he shows by covering his mouth, and listens as tentatively as he can. When Danica finishes, he finally talks,

"The kukri shouldnt be tied up in any cases unless that thief used it multiple crimes. Do you have any kind of paperwork we can work from, as it stands, where are going to have to search for it the hard way..." He rubs a hand over his face to clear up the fog , "What day did you lose it? Then you can start looking through boxes categorically, as... taht's what it sounds like your going to have to do."

He waits for an answer
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

She looks the man over. Poor guy obviously hasn't been sleeping well.

Today, a few hours ago.

She wasn't all that hopeful, based on his lack of reactions to the mention of paintings, but she still had to be sure.

I you wouldn't mind if I took a quick look, just point me in the direction of things you don't want someone of my rank to look at, and I'll avoid it. I mean, you're welcome to keep an eye on me all you like.
*LiquidDreamer

"Go on ahead. Jensen will help you with whatever you need. But I will tell you, after about five years, whatever we have gets shipped back to Arcadia and that's mostly what's at the back. New items submitted or housed tend to be near the front and the right wall. "He looks around and walks out, greeting a few soldiers as he exits.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

Danica looks around briefly, near the front right wall, filtering out little things that don't matter. She's not worried about missing coinpurses since they'll be mostly empty anyhow, rings that won't fit, weapons she's no good with, or boots that smell like hivers.
Assuming it becomes clear that the paintings aren't in the room, she leaves with a disappointed sigh.
If she's lucky, she might accidentally end up not far behind Sprats on her way to nowhere in particular.
If not, there's no sense in tailing him and making him nervous.

In the direction of home, though the Lady's Ward, but not using the bazaar. She'll go the opposite direction, through the Lower.
*LiquidDreamer

Jensen helps with the search and he is helpful helping Danica look through the various boxes but he seems to be looking over her shoulder a lot and he repeatedly asks whose unit she works under why she's here and other questions related to, what she's doing there and what she is really looking for.

In addition, Danica gets the feeling that's he keeping an eye on her as much as helping.

Edit: Edited post.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

In a hushed whisper, once she's certain no one else is around.
"To be perfectly honest, yes, I lost a kukri. It isn't actually a big deal if I can't find it, though. It wasn't really anything too special. This was more about testing the waters, you know?"
She smiles innocently.
"I mean, Sprats let me walk right in. But you're keeping an eye on me. Seems like you care a bit more about the job. What can you tell me about Sprats? I've been trying to figure out which departments to apply for, but I'd rather not work anywhere I wouldn't actually get noticed."
*LiquidDreamer

Jensen grins and nods while Danica talks. when she's finished, he chimes in

"Testing the waters, you mean how easily you can get access to the evidence room?"

When Sprats name is mentioned his visage changes to perhaps one of annoyance "Sprats is always double checking our work, making sure everything is where it's suppose to be, which means according to his system. Sometimes I follow t, sometimes I don't, as long as it's in here, what's the difference eh?"

He looks around and even peeks outside and seeing no one, he waves a hand for Danica to come closer and whispers so only they can hear "You can go work for Mover Corbain. I've was in his unit, until some mess came up with Notary Reynolt. I transferred here after he suggested it, to make sure no stink was on me. I got a bump in rank, more pay, and I do the occasional side work with him." He winks "Know whatta I mean."
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

She smiles with a sense of confidence
"That's the second time that name has been recommended to me. We've met, and I have to admit: I'm glad we did. Looks like looking that direction is bound to be my best bet at this point."
She extends a hand
"Name's Danica. Feel free to look me up if you need anything handled. Except small blades... I think I might pick up archery, instead."
She grumbles as she examines the not-missing arsenal, eyeballing the empty strap. Truth is, the archery comment is completely legitimate. Her frustration at the kukri style is evident in her voice.