Attack Upon A Proprietorship In The Clerk Ward

*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

Name: Junathoraxus

Witnesses: Hezrou named "the Render"

Brief description Events:

After hearing a commotion in the direction of the clerk ward, I had assumed my draconic form and took to the skies to investigate. It had appeared the workshop of the Fated Proprietor Rhistel Aidan had been assaulted and broken into.

I returned with another Harmonium (henchman), and a volunteer hezrou named The Render who I temporarily deputized to assist me in investigating the scene.

The entrance to the workshop had been forced open. Inside the customer lounge was ransacked and damaged. The inner chambers had not been breached, though the entrance had been assaulted with several arcane thunderclaps. The door held, bolstered by arcane enchantments. The place further reeked with the stench of undeath.

The proprietor has not been notified, and no other witnesses have been found. I had cordoned off the area, leaving our banner to mark the crime scene and a note for the Proprietor to report to the Barracks to assist in the investigation.

*dated and signed*
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Despite the note left, the proprietor of the workshop where the attack took place never shows up at the barracks to leave a statement, nor the Harmonium ever hears of him through other channels, making unclear whether he is really alive/available/reachable at all.
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

Case Update

((outsiders, PLEASE DO NOT METAGAME, or attempt to enact elaborate plots to discover this information your characters have no reason to believe exists)).

Juna reports that he was confronted by the Athar Lich known as the Vizier, and while the Vizier didn't confess to any infractions of the laws, he did threaten Juna to cease interfering with his pursuit of the Signer Argent.

The Vizier made further accusations against the signer which, while unsubstantiated, warrant investigation. He claimed the Signers sought to revive some Deity of Sleep and Dreams, and compared it to the threat Kruphai Khakos posed to the multiverse. He claimed the signer was already in the possession of many *redacted* which are needed to raise this dead god.

He directs Juna to the Temple of Hermes to find evidence of this dead gods meddling in Sigil.

wrote:Juna ventures to the temple of Hermies and investigates any oddities afflicting sleep. If he finds anyone seeming trustworthy, he would ask about Somnos. He would do this in guise of a random humanoid (dragon shapechange), or as a faceless armored harmonium as necessary.

He would further seek out various libraries and lore masters learning what he can of this Somnos, again in guise so as not to alert suspicion.

If he spots any questioned who appear nervous and would seem to be fleeing to either alert someone or cover something up, he would take the shape of a small rodent, keep to the shadows, and attempt to follow them to see if he could discover anything further.

wrote:After hanging out in the Temple for a while, he hears a few of the clergy discussing a strange occurrence which took place some weeks prior. One of the priestesses had a vision, and began chanting in old draconic. The gist of it was as follows -

"The essence of sleep, the son of night. Father of dreams, the twin face of death. Lover of the moon, wedded to peace. The strands have been spun, the fates been foretold. Peace cries out for her husbandÂ’s return. Who would deny the Grace herself?"

The priestess herself doesn't remember the incident, and everyone else has their own theories. Certainly, this must refer to Somnos, or Sleep, a figure who only occasionally appears in the Olympian tales - usually sending some god or mortal to sleep so another god can cause mischief without their knowledge.

Some of them are very concerned about his relation to Thanatos, and the exact meaning of "Twin Face of Death," and whether that means he has a more sinister side. But in general, the consensus is that this is a very interesting development, which does not directly threaten the Olympian pantheon, as the current main gods were not the ones who dethroned him in the first place.

- Mimi Fearthegn

After giving his recount, Juna inquires as to his instructions on how to continue this investigation, and asks if any warrants are to be issued.