Proposal Of Harmonium Cooperation With The Athar

*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

A letter is sent by a runner, a delivery for the Movers and Factors of the Harmonium. The front of the envelope says "To: the Honorable Harmonium Movers and Factors. From: Athaon Morthos". The letter itself contains the following message:

Code: Select all

Honorable Sirs and Madams,  I write to ye this day to propose cooperation on the matter of defending Sigil against the Raven Queen. In her depravity, she desires to become a goddess. This is something the Athar find abhorrent. As she has attacked and harmed citizens of the Cage, I suspect that ye would also desire to see her terror end. It is our duty to end this threat, to both Sigil and the Planes.  I propose that we cooperate and aid each other in this matter. If ye can spare any of your faction members to help me oppose the Shadow Fey directly, I am confident that - between our two factions - we can stop this insane Fey queen before it is too late. I have heard from the elf Argent that she seeks to end his life, and the signer has made mention of "being bait". Therefore, send me someone experienced in Planar travel and let us seek her out. Mayhap we can end her barmy machinations. I have also written to the Mercykillers, requesting their aid as well. Let us cut out the heart of this would-be goddess' plan, once and for all!  Signed,  Morthos the God-loather, Athaon  P.S.: Let not my words at the Hall of Speakers sour ye in thy desire to do thy duty. The defense of Sigil is the common cause of all. Ye also know my words were true. P.P.S.: It may be helpful and advantageous if thy Faction also approached the Doomguard on this matter.
The signature is a large flourish. Next to the signature is the Athar symbol.
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

The Dragon Junathoraxus wanders the barracks seeking to council those considering the Athar's proposal in private.

Quietly bemoaning the support of a proposition put forth by an evil outsider, Juna argues that gaining their assistance in pursuing an aspiring power who seeks to ascend through the theft of the souls of Sigil's Citizens is a matter worthy of consideration. Furthermore, a rapprochement between the Athar and Harmonium may be leveraged to provide political advantage for the faction in the Hall of Speakers.

He offers to lend his aid and council in the matter.

*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Neethanial,Jul 13 2016 wrote: **Addressed to Movers and Factors**
((I should have mentioned that, because Morthos discussed sending the letter with Juna IC, Juna would be aware of the letter. He may not know when it arrives, that's up to y'all.))
*DM Sathia

Posted by *DM Sathia »

This letter is forwarded to Juna, Nica and the other Harmonium members involved by Mover Tonat Shar. Asking their opinion as they have handled the threat thus far.
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

Notary Three Nica views the letter, writing her opinion of it.
wrote:The Athar seem quick to change their tone in private and public. We should be intolerant to two-faced behavior, and ensure that if they wish to remain on our good side, they should consider their words more carefully in public as well. If anything the Hall of Speakers is showing how entitled many of these factions appear to feel, they treat the Harmonium as second class citizen and still expect preferential treatment.

I'm not saying that Harmonium shouldn't do our part, but I believe we need to make a stronger reminder to Sigil and its factions about how much we do. Including letting the factions to sort their own problems rather than stand in their assistance all the time unconditionally, unless Harmonium interests co-exist.

In this matter, I believe that Sigils own security is Harmoniums number one concern. This is a war of the Fey, not a War of the Sigil. Our primary focus should remain in securing the city of Sigil, since our capability to do so appears to be questioned in the Hall of Speakers as of late. If other factions wish to expend their own members to fight a war that is not ours, I believe that is their prerogative. Launching skirmishes over the planes would sacrifice the integrity of the Sigils security, and any subsequent attacks against Sigil left properly unresponded would again only be blamed on Harmonium.

To this end, we should put more effort into training proper fast response units whom can promptly secure civilians, prevent hostile advance and launch a counter offensive to push them back.
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

b00seven,Jul 13 2016 wrote: The Dragon Junathoraxus wanders the barracks seeking to council those considering the Athar's proposal in private.

Quietly bemoaning the support of a proposition put forth by an evil outsider, Juna argues that gaining their assistance in pursuing an aspiring power who seeks to ascend through the theft of the souls of Sigil's Citizens is a matter worthy of consideration. Furthermore, a rapprochement between the Athar and Harmonium may be leveraged to provide political advantage for the faction in the Hall of Speakers.

He offers to lend his aid and council in the matter.
Juna would echo his previous concerns among Officers considering the matter.

If privy to Nica's concerns, he would agree that the city's defenses would have to remain the primary concern, but urge to also consider offensive measures given the Raven queen's open threat to harvest souls from the city.

Should opportunities to strike arise, the Athar offer of assistance could be utilized to bolster offense while minimizing the sacrifice to Defense. The Harmonium contribution in such a case should be conditional on Athar support in the Hall of Speakers. If they are indeed so duplicitous, then they only need to be turned to our favor when it counts.

Should an opportunity to strike at the Raven Queen and Leverage the Athar politically present itself, it would be wise to seize it.
*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

Nica is prompt to reiterate in turn.

"No option should be completely shut off, however it should be made clear that Harmonium is no other factions private army at their disposal. We serve the councils function to the letter, that is protect the city of Sigil, this excludes mandatory pre-emptive offensives off-Sigil, and beyond that should from now on be conditional to mutual Harmonium interests. Whether this be preferential treatment in the Hall of Speakers or other deals, should be a matter of scrutiny. To that end there should be little desire for material gain on the Factions side, this should serve only as a demonstration for Factions to not take Harmoniums military force for granted. We are no sacrificial pawns for Factions to distribute on their boards."
*DM Sathia

Posted by *DM Sathia »

After hearing the debate comes a response

"The fey are a chaotic force and will need to be eliminated for us to reach the goal of harmony within the multiverse. That said with our current political dilemma our forces outside of Sigil need to be ready to enter Sigil, To help secure our position.

Junathoraxus, go and speak to this Morthos if their support in the hall of speakers can be turned to our side then they will find them self's with some Harmonium support in battling this threat outside of Sigil. Other wise our focus and forces will remain solely in Sigil. It should also be noted that the forces we offer will come from outside of Sigil, So if this is a ploy to weaken our position it will not work.

Signed

Mover Tonat Shar."
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

DM Sathia,Jul 14 2016 wrote:Junathoraxus, go and speak to this Morthos if their support in the hall of speakers can be turned to our side then they will find them self's with some Harmonium support in battling this threat outside of Sigil.
(( When should we plan this for IG? I'm in CST. I should be online tonight and tomorrow night. I will be afk most of Wednesday night. ))
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

Message is left for Mover Shar. **PM**