Martial Law...

*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

Entry 233, Measure Rank One, Entrant: Alice Kordiva.

State of Sigil: Criminally Poluted, Corruption Everywhere.

State of Harmonium Forces: Insufficent, Incompitent, Flawed.

State of Military Declaration: Martial Law, there can be no alternative.

Reason for evaluation:

"Today, I witnessed the fall of a good man, a great man and the only moral body between dignity and duty. Factor Tonat Shar, Mover of the Harmonium, was KIA by Anarchist assassins.

The city of doors has lived in ignorance, comfort and corruption with no long-standing peace for too long. It is evident that even without the lady of pain, this city would still be corrupted to the core.

I heeded the guidance of Measures Chari and Amaku, of the various Notaries that implored me to take the moral path, but as I am untill downstepped the highest ranking officer amoung the Harmonium currently, it is my right to declare a state of emergancy.

With the other Movers either MIA, Away from Duty or serving in other fields, with Conductor Sarin away in the Prime world, investigating affairs. I am the only remaining Harmonium member with enough civil authority to keep peace in this city.

It was once said by great men that peace must be achieved with what ever means possible. Sometimes those means require blood, other times, they require alot of blood.

I will adopt that philosophy as of today, as the highest ranking member with no Mover to stand me down, I will enforce Martial Law on Sigil.

May the Golden Harmony preserve us all.

As of today, all Notaries are to tighten security by 500%, every Measure is to remain in strict presense of his squad and remain in diciplinary check of their movements.

Each higher ranking Measure is to further tighten security by 1000%, there will be no breaks save when the duty is finally achieved, this city will be purified.

With or without the consideration or care of our fellows the Guvners and Mercykillers.

Neither force dares interfere with us, we are the Law and they know above all else, the Harmonium will prevail where their ignorance and corruption has failed.

I will turn this rabble into a force worthy of powers respect, I will make every last Faction TREMBLE when they have seen what the full force of the Harmonium is capable of...

We... will not ignore the city anylonger, there will be peace or there will be fear. I care little of the passive moral standing my lesser Measures would take, we will do what "IS" necessary to secure absoleute authority.

As of now, the Mercykillers and Guvners will conform entirley to the demands of Harmonium authority, with both in jeprody given their involvement with The Shadowsworn, they will bend knee or they will be brushed aside.

We are the Harmonium, and now, we march stronger than ever.

There is no second chance, for the weak."
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

After the initial shock of the report, several, even thousands of Harmonium have heated conversations of the current course of action, finally large group of Sigil Harmonium makes their petition of the questionable orders. The groups initial numbers are hard to measure, but it could easily be one third or even half of the forces within Sigil.

They demand that the matter is put to hold until proper protocol is got from Arcadia Headquarters or from Factol Sarin. These things should not be done in haste. The other side of Harmonium however disagrees, fast actions are necessity.

This said, huge portion of Harmonium has stood down until they receive a word from Arcadia Headquarters or Factol Sarin. They however will not make this a public issue, this is Harmonium internal matter, which however is also the matter of its allies within the Sigil.
    [color=tomato]A group of fifty Harmonium is immediately sent to bring a message to Arcadia and Factol Sarin. Clearly this side has noticed it is absolutely important to get this word out. Reply should be coming within few days if all goes as planned. A smaller group of three's is sent to make an appointment to the Fraternity of Order and Mercykillers to give fullscale report of the situation and to assure the misunderstanding will be resolved within days. Also to remind that not all of Harmonium follows the orders of uprising berks so easily.[/color] [/li]
Some fights even occur between the two sides. Only distinguishable difference is that the side standing down has removed their Harmonium badges for the time being, while keeping their gear otherwise.

This causes the entire Barracks to split naturally, between the two sides, tight security is split to the leaders of both sides to prevent further damage.
*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

The Atmosphere in the barracks has never quite been so uneasy, the place literally split with poor mailman Charles in the middle forced to take all the complaints while both sides are at his throat.

The matter however is said to be a very tense standoff between Kordiva's extremeists and the calmer loyalists still obedient to Sarin.

Kordiva however made a very clear and harsh statement today:

"We are the only true Harmonium as it stands, we do not stand in fear of the other Factions and the criminal vermin of this city who would conquer and impose us. Only a weakling stands by such petty values and forgets that peace can only be achieved in Blood.

We are the force of order that will bring this city to stability, sometimes, it requires a skirmish, sometimes, it requires a war.

It will be necessary to do what is right for the sake of Sigil and what must be done, assuring minimum civilian casualties is compleate enforcement of Martial Law on the Factions.

Those who do not support this have evidently been corrupted by Anarchist infighters and cells, those who do not support the view of order clearly do not value their own possition enough to stand by it!

Evidently, it is you who are worse than the criminals, traitors, liars, schemers who would turn us inside out and shatter all peace forever constantly letting this city thrive in chaos!

It will not be allowed...

The city, will NOT fall to this internal taint.

I will purge every last one of you anarchist insighters, corrupt dissenters and weak and fragile incompitents from this glorious army!

The strong will surive! Peace will be achieved! No matter the cost that has to be to achieve it!

Glory to the Harmonium, Glory to the Golden Harmony!"
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

The calmer loyalists speaker, Vold Fraetuk a Measure Three of Harmonium, steps forth to state their side of things...
    [i]"It is true we are the Harmonium, but we are the Harmonium because we follow the protocols and stand for what is the right! You act in rush of emotions and hatred, we will [u]not[/u] stand by your bloodshed! You are in brink of bringing the Harmonium to war with everyone else, is this what you truly want to represent? Yes! There is corruption within the Cage, but it is not behind every corner, it is not only thing in Cage, even if it is only thing you see or claim to be! If you claim to fight against the corruption, then stand down since the worst corruption in the Cage is that of the power you have unjustly taken! We all will surely miss Tonat Shar, none more than I! I had the honor to be recruited by him when he wasn't under Sarins study, and I know that this is not what he would want us to do! If you want justice to be brought, then cease this madness and contact Factol Sarin or Mover Five Killeen Caine for emergency procedures. We still have allies that can aid us to bring-"[/i] [/li]
His speech interrupted by a starting fist fight in the lines that quickly outbreaks. Vold is drawed out by several of the loyalists to retreat to safer quarters. The fight is quickly halted after that, but the time of talking is over.

It would seem there is no turning back now.
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

As the fist fight is being brought under control magistrate Vorgazar is seen entering the barracks hitting into a pile of fighting bodies much like one would enter a rugby scrum. Most fall out of the fight onto their asses or backing off but of the three that remain he grips one with his hand firmly over the man's face, shoving his head into the ground and holding him down whilst booting another against the wall holding him with boot in chest and the third he grips by the scruff of the neck with his other hand and puts the man's entire head into his mouth.

From inside Vorgazar's gullet, screams of terror are heard before he finally spits the man out and chuckles deeply looking the shocked human right in the eye with a jovial smirk. Such brawling is not at all stressful to the orc and he looks like he just a laugh with a bunch of old friends. he lets them all go and pats them on the back before adressing the majority.

"Whut a fook mess youz fookerz is in!

So... who da fookin boss nowz innit?"
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Azulfae,Apr 17 2011 wrote: As the fist fight is being brought under control magistrate Vorgazar is seen entering the barracks hitting into a pile of fighting bodies much like one would enter a rugby scrum. Most fall out of the fight onto their asses or backing off but of the three that remain he grips one with his hand firmly over the man's face, shoving his head into the ground and holding him down whilst booting another against the wall holding him with boot in chest and the third he grips by the scruff of the neck with his other hand and puts the man's entire head into his mouth.

From inside Vorgazar's gullet, screams of terror are heard before he finally spits the man out and chuckles deeply looking the shocked human right in the eye with a jovial smirk. Such brawling is not at all stressful to the orc and he looks like he just a laugh with a bunch of old friends. he lets them all go and pats them on the back before adressing the majority.

"Whut a fook mess youz fookerz is in!

So... who da fookin boss nowz innit?"
(Pre-Martial Laws removal...)
    The hulking orc storming to the Barracks may quickly notice that the Harmonium is not quite as divided as it may seem. The fight between the Harmonium ceases only to detain the orc, though it may prove moments of difficulty, they outnumber him clearly. He's moved to the detainment cages of the Harmonium Barracks which were originally only intended to temporal use, but due to latest issues had become filled to the edges. New arguments ensues from the both sides how to proceed in his case. Whether to execute him immediately as his violence was unsanctioned and unwarranted, or to transfer him to courts and Mercykillers to decide... Arguments go on, but like many others, the judgement just had to wait... [/li]
(After-Martial Laws removal... later that day...)
    After the announcement of Measure One Kordiva, There were many sceptics that were uncertain whether it would linger, but those of loyalists made sure to release all prisoners for approved watchers watch. This "Watcher" may be anyone, as long as the Harmonium is allowed to check their history and status to make sure there will be no further problems. Vorgazar is allowed to send two messages to anywhere he wants to find this Watcher for himself. But he is adviced to do so quick. On top of this, there is a meager sum of one hundred jink to bail out, as long as they also have the 'Watcher' to make sure they stay out of trouble. -- Alas all that were in the holding cell before Martial Laws, they are out of luck as they are quickly passed to the Guvners courts while there is time. [/li]
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

Vorgazar would send a messege to the Guvners and also Shard.

[There was also no rage, he was just imposing and trying to help the situation in his own usual style]
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Shard reads the message and narrows his eyes... the Orc who brought it steps back slightly and raises his arms in preparation of getting hit... but Shard only chuckles... then the chuckle turns into a loud, raucous laugh. The Orc messenger only stood there in shock watching the Grey Shaman hold himself up by his desk, laughing hard... once he was finished, and only still slightly chuckling, he said,

"The bastard finally did it. They finally arrested him. For what? His brutality? No... his savagery? Not likely... They arrested the damn Orc for his dumb-arsed buffoonery!

he laughs again and then heads to the surface... chuckling most of the way.