An Attack

*PigeonStalker

Posted by *PigeonStalker »

Wren carries an unconscious and severely bloodied man into the Harmonium Barracks, laying him gently on the floor in the entrance lobby. He approaches the Factotum seated close to the entrance and requests medical assistance, giving the man's name as Illearn and reporting his last words before losing consciousness, which implicate the merchant Aeron in an attack that took place outside the city, in which the aggressor requested that Illearn linger behind before attacking him in polymorphed form. Wren then departs the barracks, intent on finding and talking to the alleged attacker, leaving the fallen victim in the hands of the Harmonium.
*DemonicResonance

Posted by *DemonicResonance »

Alathra has just finished a shift when she sees the wounded man and immediately throws her folded uniform to the side in order to assist him. Carrying him to an empty room, she begins unstrapping his armor and then a medical examination to the best of her ability.

This measure of dramatic kindness is somewhat uncalled for, but the paladin seems intent on making certain the man survives. One of the younger notaries in the beginning of his twenties seems so confused by her shouting for supplies that he forgets about being snide and simply helps her by bringing wet, clean cloth to heal what wounds may be there.

As they stabilize the man, she walks outside with a grim look and closes the door, standing guard over the small room until he can leave by his own strength.
*DemonicResonance

Alathra files a report and submits it for consideration.
wrote:As we stabilized the elf, I sought out the so-called transgressor, and bought him in to tell his version of the story. According to him, one Aeron Telforar, he did not in any way have anything to do with the incident leading to the elf, Illearn ending up incapacitated in our care.

I asked him if knew the man, and it turned out that they have a professional relationship, often bartering within the market. It turns out that there had been a previous falling out between the two, due to Telforar denying to sell Illearn a Rogue Stone, reasoning by the item being his last in stock.

He informed me that he later decided to counter-act this action due to coming to a measure of respect for the man over the course of some planar venture. To my understanding, this happened before the crime. Aeron claims there has been a misunderstanding and that he had not even met this victim on that particular day.

As he did not strike me as a lying type and he had cooperated willingly, I released him on the word that he would remain in Sigil, should the need arise for any further questions.

When the victim wakes, I shall interrogate him. Until then, I shall seek out the man who brought him to the Barracks, one monk named Wren.

In Duty and Faith,

Blackthorne, Notary One
*DemonicResonance

Alathra files another report and submits it for consideration.
wrote:
I interviewed a witness, Wren Ortharas. He did not offer much knowledge, other than solidify the story of already known facts. The incident happened in Carceri, the prison plane.

Wren claimed to have been part of an expedition there, and left before anything happened, thus eventually finding the body of the victim before bringing it to us.

Also, I finally caught up to the victim, Illearn. He had left the Barracks as soon as able, and continued his dealings. I found him in the market, where I overheard him warning Mr. Telforar that the truth would surface eventually. Not a direct threat, but I have to the feeling that such was the intention.

I took him in, and interogated him regarding the incident. He confirmed the attack took place in the prison plane. Up until the incident there had been no issue and nothing out of the ordinary, up until Mr. Telforar, according to Illearn, had suddenly been thrown up against a wall and lit on fire, caused by some assailant unseen to the others. Mr. Telforar survived, however, and they made their way to a chamber leading to a portal.

There, Mr. Illearn claimed that Mr. Telforar insisted that they remained behind as the others took of, confirming the story of Mr. Ortharas. He claims that Mr. Telforar motioned him closer, after which he assaulted him with a sharp object. Following this, he polymorphed into a troll and charged. The last thing Mr. Illearn claims to remember was getting knocked out by the troll, until he woke up within the infirmery of the Harmonium.

Basically, since the incident took place outside Sigil, it is outside of our jurisdiction and there is nothing we can do. Neither party knows this, however, and I see no reason to let them know, now that both have claimed they will refrain from engaging in any vigilante attempt at 'justice'. Hopefully this matter will not escalate, as it is claim vs. claim and neither side have any evidence to come to a just resolution.

In Duty and Faith,

Blackthorne, Notary One