A Request

*PigeonStalker

Posted by *PigeonStalker »

A note in a neat, sharp hand arrives

Dear Harmonium friends,

Without wishing to seem rude or self-important, I would humbly request to meet with someone of some small authority in your brotherhood regarding a possible suggestion.

Should you wish to respond in writing, or simply tell me to take my idea and shove it somewhere unpleasant, sent correspondence to Khazeet's bar, to the attention of Wren Ortharas.

Blessings on you all,
Wren.
*DM_Duke

Posted by *DM_Duke »

A missive from Mover Caine to Measure Chari:

"Dear Measure, Id formally request someone on the field to handle this matter, if Measure Yamikaze is inavailable then I ask yourself to fill in her shoes and deal with this request.

Many thanks

Your comrade: Killeen Caine."
*PigeonStalker

Another short note, folded neatly and bound with a red thread

My dearest friends,

I see you have decided to ignore me totally, to the point of not even extending the courtesy of a 'kindly leave us alone' letter. Well, I suppose it was foolish of me to think I of all people could get your attention - after all, I'm neither rich nor influential, now, am I? Almost as foolish as my belief that maybe, just maybe, you would be capable of change or improvement. Not so, I think.

See you next time you stand in the way of justice,
Wren.
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

As usual, Chari reads the daily reports on desk, a task that seems to grow even when there is nothing to report on!

The letter with the red band catches her eye and she reads it frowning and gives a regretful sigh as she digs through her papers and finds the other two that correspond to what's she holding in her hand. After tiding up her desk she takes all three parchments and leaves her offices, off to see Wren.

//yea, sorry. If more than a few days pass and you get no response, drop me a pm or contact me ingame. I'll make it up :plotting:
*PigeonStalker

((Oh, no problem! Just gave Wren another precious chance to bash the Harmonium :plotting:
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

So I just discovered from another that a bow called "Rainbow" that has quite a bit of Enhancements on it already, and said Enhancements can be improved even tho there are more than 3.

I would like to request documentation on custom items like that, because without that documentation how are we enchanters supposed to know, especially those who are new and be able to help our clients?
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

So what you want us to do is spawn every single base item and custom item, and then test them individually to see whether or not they can be enchanted in some way. And then record the results in a list.

I'm a special kind of masochistic. I spent five hours writing the stats of every single item in the special item store to help a DM with something regarding said store. But this is a little too far even for me.

So here's some general guidelines.
If you enchant an item with +4 and then two other properties, you cannot go back and then improve it to +5.
If an item obtained from the loot table already has 3 or more properties, you can generally improve those stats freely.
If an item obtained from the loot table already has 2 properties, you can improve the stats that already exist and then add another property but you cannot add another property and then attempt to improve its other stats.

There are exceptions. Demonscale Armor is an example, as it is generated with DR 5/Cold Iron and +2 to Electrical Saves but the bonus to saves does not count towards the maximum.
*Mick64

Posted by *Mick64 »

Actually I suspect it's the DR that doesn't count towards the maximum, since Damage Reduction isn't really, uh, a property. From a strictly toolset point of view.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Sinlinara,Feb 16 2017 wrote: So what you want us to do is spawn every single base item and custom item, and then test them individually to see whether or not they can be enchanted in some way.  And then record the results in a list.

I'm a special kind of masochistic.  I spent five hours writing the stats of every single item in the special item store to help a DM with something regarding said store.  But this is a little too far even for me.
There's no need to be condescending (yeah this is coming from a A+ Grade Jerk at times)
wrote:So here's some general guidelines.
If you enchant an item with +4 and then two other properties, you cannot go back and then improve it to +5.
If an item obtained from the loot table already has 3 or more properties, you can generally improve those stats freely.
If an item obtained from the loot table already has 2 properties, you can improve the stats that already exist and then add another property but you cannot add another property and then attempt to improve its other stats.
is that guidelines from the base game itself, or SCoD strictly?
Reason why I ask is because I haven't seen any documentation of that on the SCoD Wiki nor the staffs that can be charged via spells, that i found out via word to mouth. I know everyone that works with SCoD content and such are strictly volunteers and I appreciate you all for what your doing, it's just some of this info would have been nice to know since back in July 2016 x.x that's all

also I wasn't asking you to write down every stat of every item... just a list of names of items that can be improved on after 3 enchants are on it
wrote: Actually I suspect it's the DR that doesn't count towards the maximum, since Damage Reduction isn't really, uh, a property. From a strictly toolset point of view.
Confirmation anyone?
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Those guidelines are from my personal experiences with SCoD.

Creating a list of every item that can be improved in some way would actually be rather exhausting, especially if you want it to be exhaustive list. It would involve pulling every single item ID out of the toolset, spawning them on the test server, and then checking to see if any of its multiple properties can be improved.

The thing is that a list like that isn't even necessary because items generally follow certain rules. You can, for example, generally improve any item with an enhancement bonus lower than +5 to +5. Knowing that that rule exists, it's kinda redundant to then create a list of every single item that can improved in this way.