Eye Witness Report: Strange Portals

Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

Date: 2nd Hive of Narciss, 136 Hashkar's Reign
Time: 51 minutes to anti-peak

Tavia entered the Barracks, looking as nervous as can be. Oleg Semenov, Quimoira, and Xujja accompanied the elf as they went to file their report to the Measure behind the desk. Xujja tossed one of the strange 'Harmonium' badges they found earlier onto the desk suddenly, and the red-headed bardess stepped forth.

"My name is Tavia. We're... here to report a worrying finding in the Clerk's Ward. We found a portal like most others, but it leads to... a different Sigil. One that is very much controlled by some... 'fake' Harmonium. They were hostile upon seeing us and attacked first."

Oleg stepped forth, nodding in confirmation. "All four of us were present and can corroborate."

As Xujja left the reporting to the others, Tavia continued. She reported seeing a portal in the doorway of two Clerk's Ward addresses, even jotting down the exact addresses themselves. One-way portals, one leading into this 'alternate' Sigil and one out, but unaware as to what key is used to open them. The elf reiterated the hostile 'fake' Harmonium on the other side. She wrung her hands, knowing full well the whole thing sounded barmy.
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
Saiceles

Posted by Saiceles »

A report of similar nature had been delivered earlier in the morning, albeit in a more discreet manner. The one who did the report was one called Katherine Clearwater, who reported much the same story, as well as informed that there were aspects of this other "Sigil" that were distinctively different from the original one. The Festhall seemed to have been turned into an office for sorts for the Harmonium, with the previous "debauchery" having been removed. The Halfling tavern in front of it had also been closed, and there were a number of wooden barricades preventing access to other areas of Sigil. Homes were closed and other than the highly-aggressive apparent members of the Harmonium, there was no one else to be found. She also reported the locations for both entering and leaving the portal were different, and that she was not sure of what the key for opening it was, or if there was even one. She made herself available for further, future inquiries of the Guvners if necessary, and advised caution in case of future incursions.

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

A Harmonium contingent is seen later that day investigating the strange portal's location. Barricades are erected some time later; patrols increased, and signs posted warning Cagers to stay away.
riptidereflections

Posted by riptidereflections »

Crake visits the barracks and tells the Harmonium that an intercepted missive claims that another rift will occur at the address of CW-4056, presumably in the Clerk's Ward if that address exists. He urges them to post guards and prepare to capture any who pass through this rift if it occurs.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Naturally the Harmonium want to see the missive. Also, where did Crake find such a thing?

Regardless of the answer, the patrols in the Clerk's Ward do increase in the next few days.
riptidereflections

Crake smiles politely, and chooses his words for a moment with a possibly awkward pause before speaking.

"Frankly, measure, your security here in the barracks has been substandard at times, and I have reason to believe there are spies embedded throughout the Triad--my own faction included. With all due respect, I am reluctant to share the source of my information with anyone beneath Factol Sarin himself. I am not the only one with this intelligence, but if it falls into the wrong hands, we would lose the tactical advantage it brings. So I will as you to bring me to Factol Sarin if you wish to know more. If that is not possible, I will as for your word that you bring my source straight to your Factol.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

The Measure declined to bring Crake to the Factol at that time. Instead, the Fraternity later received a properly formatted document requesting the sharing of information regarding their findings on Alternate Sigil to aid in the Harmonium's own investigations.
riptidereflections

Crake sends a reply to the Harmonium that he provided all relevant information already to a Notary Kregor.