The Empire Divides: Separation from the Orthan Empire

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

After weeks of unrest in the Harmonium Barracks, word began to spread. The rumors were true; the Faction had declared its Independence from the Orthan Empire! The official word began to circulate via an open letter posted in the Barracks by the newly appointed Factol, Tonant Shar (Although most agree that the letter was probably actually written by Mover Killeen Cain).

My brothers and sisters of the Harmonium,

This year has been a harsh trial for us all. The war against the heretical Crimson Dawn took many comrades from us, Factol Sarin among them. He was a great leader, and an exemplar to everything we strive for. Although few can ever claim to be the man he was, I swear to you all that I will see his works carried on. Together, we shall see his dream of Harmony in the City of Doors made manifest.

This road will not be easy, and it is with a heavy heart that I tell you that we will have to walk the path on our own. For in the course of this conflict, it has become clear that the Orthan Senate has lost its way. Its ministers have conflated the quest for Harmony with the needs of Empire, a mistake they have made many times across the centuries. Even now, the Senate pushed for your recent victories in the Other World to be turned from liberation to conquest. They have demonstrated that they are concerned less for the promise that Harmony may bring, and more for a world akin to that of our recent foes.

It is for this reason that the Movers and I have made the fateful decision to declare the Outer Planer Harmonium independant from the Senate. No longer will we be an extension of a mortal empire. We shall instead be the beacon of hope for a better tomorrow that we were always meant to be.

Those of you who were transferred to the city from the Empire may submit a request to be taken back to imperial territory over the next three months. Arrangements will be made to take you to the nearest Orthan port. You will be expected to continue your current duties until your resignation has been processed.

To those of you who wish to remain; our victory is won, but our work is not yet done. Let us rise to the occasion as we always have, and together, forge a new era for the Harmonium in all the multiverse.

- Factol Tonant Shar

(On First Market of Sacrilegion,136 HA)
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?