In Pursuit of Odak Glyphwreck

Gadwin

Posted by Gadwin »

Reina sent word up to her superiors that more or less asked for how she should proceed in matters related to the Ivon and Xavier case;

"A criminal by the name of Odak Glyphwreck, who has ties to the recently-prosecuted Ivon Talbonsim & Xavier Salt and was the one to convey the kill-order for the patients within the facilities raided in the Hive, is believed to be hiding away on the other side of a portal that recently opened in the 'Wild Side' bar within the Undersigil. The owner of the Wild Side, Kaltia Tsaryov, was questioned as to whether or not she knew about the portal, and I found no reason to believe she is involved in any way beyond circumstantially. Altair Tsaryov, a gatecrasher, has surveyed what he could of the portal and informed me that there is some type of forest or woodland on the other side. They have provided me with the key to open the portal as well- 'Absinthe with a double shot of vodka'.

We have little information on Odak beyond that. The hard evidence against him lies mostly in testimony from Ivon and Xavier, and we have no idea as to where the portal leads or what his purposes are in moving there. I would ask to be advised as to what action should be taken from here.

If investigating the nature of the other side before committing to a plan is favored, then I volunteer myself to scout things out, given that I have command over shadow magic for purposes of self-concealment."

-Notary Three, Reina
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

As Reina delivers her report, another trooper comes in with news that an orc blood matching Odak's description had been sighted in the Hive. He was apparently making his way towards one of the known Undersigil entrances, but was intercepted by an individual described as a "scrawny, pale skinned human male". Following a brief, unheard conversation, Odak appeared angry, and changed course.

Some days after, another report came in, this time positively identifying a safe house the orc blood was operating out of. Along with several troops, Notary Reina was dispatched to raid the building, and arrest Odak and his associates on charges of treason and conspiracy to commit acts of terrorism.

The raid was quick, and all resistance overcome with ease, though Odak managed to escape and flee to the warrens of Undersigil. Hours later, however, he was brought to the Barracks by a man identified as Namer Altair Tsaryov of the Transcendant Order, and the Guvner A9 Kaltia Tsaryov. The previously unidentified scrawny human was also turned in.

In the days following the arrest, several more raids were launched to mop up the remainder of Odak's cell.

(( Due to several factors, I will not be running the arrest in game as planned, thus the epilogue here. I hope everyone who has been a part of the campaign thus far enjoyed the arc!))
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?