On Watch for Sinkholes

Gadwin

Posted by Gadwin »

By way of a written report, Notary Reina would inform her higher ups as to the developments uncovered during the exploration of the Under Sigil expedition that resulted in the destruction of the Tharizdun cult building. The causes were noted as "multiple Oberynths, or Oberynth-adjacent creatures".

Additionally, she would note that the Guvners and Mercykillers had a joined initiative to investigate and prevent further Oberyth-induced sinkhole damage, and that the Harmonium were asked to keep an eye on any such activity that occurred topside while the red death searched below for the source(s). The next sinkholes were said to have a high chance of occurring towards the middle of the Hive Ward.
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

A runner from the Prison delivers a set of maps, and the following report to the officer currently assigned to the sink-hole situation. More discreetly, a similar set of pages is delivered directly to Notary Reina.
Measure Celso,

Be aware that one of my agents has uncovered information concerning the fiendish entity currently running amok and creating those sinkholes in town.
"I have located a critical spot in the Sewers. There is currenly a great mass of growth located right beneath the Xaositect Headquarters district, and currently might be at great risk of being the next targeted location. I am hereby humbly requesting that precautions can be taken about it, and if possible, that a team be assembled to investigate or stop the located growth before it can cause any damage, and that perhaps a warning missive can be sent to the Xaositects so that they can take precautions before suffering losses. Copies of the mapped areas will be available at the Mercykiller's HQ discretion, if necessary. I would also request further orders on how to proceed from here on.
I trust that the Harmonium will handle any further coordination with the Xaositec. In the mean time, the Mercykillers are preparing for the operation to confront the entity itself. Accordingly, I request the Barracks send over field agents to join the operation.

Justice and Harmony Prevail,

Factor Dace Andor of the Red Death
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Gadwin

Posted by Gadwin »

Not long after receiving the message, Reina meets with whatever officer was overseeing the sinkhole situation and volunteers to be one of those aforementioned field agents.
Gadwin

Posted by Gadwin »

Notary Reina, after volunteering for the expedition and thereafter not going on it, would write a field report stating the reason for her absence. It cited a bewitched individual spying on the triad and planeswalkers who were planning to attack the mass causing the sinkholes, and this person continued acting suspicious even after having the enthralling effect she was under dispelled.

With the large collective of powerful planeswalkers and Triad involvement going after the main disturbance, she thought it best to be thorough and tail the strange woman who had been otherwise left to her own devices to see if she had any connection to the weird behavior going on with the hivers that men and women among the barracks often spoke of. The woman in question had been tracked to her residence in the Hive Ward rather uneventfully, performing no further suspicious activities along the way.

Reina would also brief the Harmonium as to the nature of the creature as was discussed in the square, notably its decaying tendencies and enthrallment capabilities, citing the latter as a potential cause for the weird hiver behavior in the first place. Mind-wards were advised in any further interactions or suspected interactions with such creatures or their offspring.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Notary Reina is thanked for her report. A few days later, Notary Callistus (who had been the first officer assigned to investigate the sinkhole matter in the Lower Ward) sends her a note -
Notary Reina,

Since the expedition into Undersigil to destroy the creature, no more sinkholes have been reported. The strange behavior we observed among the residents of the Goatswood has also stopped.

We are removing the checkpoints around the Goatswood tomorrow. I thought you would want to know.

In Harmony,

Notary Callistus