Assault in the Fat Candle

Jelkia

Posted by Jelkia »

Clad in official Guvner regalia, Kaltia Tsaryov approaches the front desk of the Harmonium barracks late into the cycle's antipeak. Tucked neatly under one arm is a small bundle of files and papers banded together with a small length of twine. She introduces herself to the clerk and explains the purpose of her visit. Amid the commentary, she could be overheard mentioning the Fat Candle and some bit of assault in the conversation before being directed further into the barracks to talk with one of the Harmonium officers within. Her final words before progressing into the building beyond possible public view, included a request for an investigation and the involvement of Notary 5 Reina.
"What is justice? Two forces collide. Each may have the right in his own sphere. And here's where a queen commands orderly solutions. Those collisions she cannot prevent — she solves. How? In the simplest way: she decides."
Gadwin

Posted by Gadwin »

After having spoken to Administrator Kaltia Tsaryov in a one-on-one setting regarding the incident, Notary Reina conducted a brief investigation within the city proper and returned to the barracks with a letter for an arrest warrant in hand, being sent off to her superiors. Part of it read:

"..I have little reason to believe that the accused, "Maraphiel", is not guilty of assaulting Administrator Tsaryov. Witness testimony states the accused as "Grabbing Administrator Tsaryov by the neck and slamming her head into the table six or seven times", with the resulting facial and cranial injury plainly visible in the form of bleeding out and onto the table. Maraphiel was also said to have threatened Administrator Tsaryov to not cross her again or there would be consequences. Additionally, the place in which this assault occurred was a private establishment to which she had not been invited or spoken to by either Administrator Tsaryov or Dustmen Factotum Azuriel, the two of whom were having a private meeting with one another at the time of the attack. It is thusly my belief that Maraphiel stalked the meeting pair into The Fat Candle with the intent to commit this assault and/or threatening. Therefore, the list of charges I would act on at this point are:

-Crime Spree (Felony)
-Repeatedly Assaulting a member of the Triad (Indictable Offense)
-Stalking two citizens with intent to threaten or assault (Indictable Offense)
-Dangerous Behavior via harassing or threatening a member of the Triad (Summary Offense)

With this in mind, I hereby request a warrant for her immediate arrest. I would also like to question the accused before bringing this to the courts."

-Notary Five, Reina
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Following a review of Notary Reina's report, the requested warrant for the arrest of Maraphiel is drawn up and issued out.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
DM Slimy Doom

Posted by DM Slimy Doom »

Late this evening, Maraphiel entered the barracks pursuant to determining if there was an actual warrant outstanding. Upon finding out there was, she turned herself in for questioning. Notary Reina is listed on the processing paperwork as the arresting officer, and bail is set for 8pm (EST) on the Lady's day (Sunday).

The following day a guilty plea is entered by the defendant, and a bail of J500,000 jinx is posted. The courts consider this matter closed.