Report: Kidnapping

*SyntheticRose

Posted by *SyntheticRose »

A report arrives upon the desk of Factor Dace Andor in triplicate, with identical copies intended for forwarding to the Harmonium and the Fraternity of Order, at the Factor's convenience. It is penned in Justice Brynn's archaic, Gothic handwriting.
wrote:Perpetrators: As yet unknown death cult with ties to Toril on the Prime
Victim: Lyra Darkmatter, halfling female, fair skin and black hair

~~~

Following leads from the Bazaar, I accompanied a group of Indeps including Sharon, to search for their missing friend, the victim, Lyra Darkmatter. The trail led us to a long-abandoned house in the Hive Ward, where the entirety of the party fell victim to a sinkhole in the poorly-maintained street, which collapsed into a basement lair.

We proceeded in search of an exit and the victim, discovering a large section of Undersigil that had been previously inaccessible from the current known sewer areas, and soon came upon a large throne room upon which sat a death knight. When asked about the victim, the death knight attacked alongside the lesser members of his cult, primarily ghouls and the drowned, and were defeated, though not before injuring Sharon badly enough to require rescussitating spells to continue the search.

As we ascended through the basement, the varieties of the undead under the cult's control grew, even to include my kind -- though their lesser bloodline was made readily apparent. At the top of the structure, we found the victim had been... rather half-decently tortured, if the intent was merely to break rather than to gain any sort of information from the victim. Seriously, who sews lips shut? Counterproductive, that.

In any case, the torturer was slain by a male Indep with blonde hair and draconic wings, far too quickly for me to intervene and detain her -- she will not likely consent to return via Resurrection. The torturer appeared Elven, with a pallor nearly as vampiric as my own.

In the torture room, I had sensed a Planeshift spell the moment our entry was heard. When tracing the properties of the spell's lingering aura, I was able to determine that it was a means of escape from Sigil to Toril, by someone who was clearly involved. Shortly afterward, Sharon provided a means of egress to the Infinite Staircase, and the victim was returned safely to Sigil by way of Mechanus and Root of Nine's premises.

~~~

There are some complications with the way things proceeded, as expected when too many planeswalkers are allowed to run rampant without proper guidance. Firstly, many of the cult's number were vampires and death knights, for whom simple violence is not sufficient. I recommend that the Harmonium perform a sweep of the premises in search of evidence and any lingering cult members who may be tried for conspiracy to commit an abduction, and being complicit in said abduction. However, one among the group of planeswalkers, Deledia of the Believers of the Source, an Elven female with a blue skin tone and dark hair, rather vengefully left behind incendiary devices for the remaining cult members to 'discover,' whilst my attention was occupied trying to keep everyone intact and on task.

When approached about these devices, Deledia was compliant and forthcoming with information detailing their function and how to disarm them, even providing me with an example device to be taken as evidence. Though employing metal shards rather than incendiary concoctions, the trigger mechanism is identical. The example device and written instructions have been placed in the evidence locker at the Prison, labelled according to the case number of this report.

~~~
In the evidence locker, the following description is filed with a device well-secured against accidental movement: